• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I appreciate your feedback. I can imagine your "day job" might be rather frustrating in todays world. But the above quote is hard to put faith in. When the CDC claims, "...vaccines reduce deaths by half." or "Chances of death are increased 300% for the unvaccinated." they leave out any context. The data they cite show deaths reduced from two to one. Or the chances of death increase from .004% to .012%. When deciding between an allograft or autograft for my knee reconstruction, the surgeons sales pitch was, "The chance of disease transmission with an allograft may be one in a million. But if it happens to you, it's one hundred percent." I went with the autograft. I guess my point is statistics can be both true and deceptive.
    I'm not really following what you're saying. The available vaccines won't stop you from getting COVID.

They are much better at reducing odds of dying if you catch COVID than they are at reducing your chance of catching COVID. Given that fact, mandates are stupid.

At six months JJ vaccine had 13% reduction in risk of you catching COVID. But 75% reduction in death if you did catch it. And those numbers were based on Delta and alpha or whatever. With omicron I'd expect much lower vaccine protection from contracting it and much better reduction in death.

My point is vaccines will not "stop the spread" but they will greatly reduce death.

Here is current data from it health southern region. I found a stat that said 57% of Monroe county is "fully vax" which likely means two mRNA or single JJ. So if you want to say "hospitalized with COVID" rather than "because of COVID" to explain away this chart, hard to do that when statistically the unvax population is smaller than the vax population, so they should be under represented.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'm not really following what you're saying. The available vaccines won't stop you from getting COVID.

They are much better at reducing odds of dying if you catch COVID than they are at reducing your chance of catching COVID. Given that fact, mandates are stupid.

At six months JJ vaccine had 13% reduction in risk of you catching COVID. But 75% reduction in death if you did catch it. And those numbers were based on Delta and alpha or whatever. With omicron I'd expect much lower vaccine protection from contracting it and much better reduction in death.

My point is vaccines will not "stop the spread" but they will greatly reduce death.

Here is current data from it health southern region. I found a stat that said 57% of Monroe county is "fully vax" which likely means two mRNA or single JJ. So if you want to say "hospitalized with COVID" rather than "because of COVID" to explain away this chart, hard to do that when statistically the unvax population is smaller than the vax population, so they should be under represented.

I was trying to communicate my belief that .gov is playing fast and loose with their data. They omit any context that might undercut their analysis of the data set. They'll claim a 75% reduction in death for the vax'd. What's the baseline? A 75% reduction from what number? The reduction sounds yuuuge. But if the death rate were below 1% to begin, then 75% reduction isn't all that impressive in real terms. Your attached census (thanks btw) is similar. It's real data. It does, in fact, show an overrepresentation of unvax'd. But what if one were to drill into each of those red and white persons, and one discovers that most of the red peeps are over the age 75 and all the white peeps are under 45. That wouldn't change the data set of 16:2 in the ICU. But it would give it context that might matter.

Also, thanks for what you do. All that schooling, training, 20hr workdays... And now you have to operate in the current **** storm. You appear to be operating with a level head and open mind. You must make decisions with what data you do have and you seem to be making those decisions with an even keel. Thank you.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It appeared to me he was saying that there is no mention of "vaccinations" in the book, so the quote from the book isn't relevant to the meme. :dunno:
    Ya I got that, but a quote can be applied to many different topics, not just the original intention. If a quote is true when applied to a relevant discussion it doesn’t matter what the context of the original quote was intended for, it only matters if it’s factually applied to the topic discussed when used.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ya I got that, but a quote can be applied to many different topics, not just the original intention. If a quote is true when applied to a relevant discussion it doesn’t matter what the context of the original quote was intended for, it only matters if it’s factually applied to the topic discussed when used.
    Yeah. He was pretty insistent that the discussion of vaccines needs to be in the book to be relevant to the meme. What I personally took away from the meme and its relevancy to the quote from the book is that it pertained to the government telling you to always believe what they say and not what your eyes and ears are telling you.

I also think that it can be applied to a number of topics as well like you said.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom