• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They just hope that distinction is lost on those that give it a school boy read

Certainly was lost on me... Guilty as charged.

The fact they go on to enumerate what is considered essential later on makes it pretty compelling too. I'm still reading it as they pretty clearly want people to stay home for 2 weeks.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You don't get raised by a culture. You get raised by parents. Steely Dan didn't raise you. Don't blame it on music. You think we invented that **** called "rap"? Not on a bet.

And You weren't raised by ME or you wouldn't be *****ing about boomers or culture. :)

But, you know as well as I that every generation has terrible parents. It's when they sent momma off to work and started letting minimum wagers raise their kids in pre-school so that they could have that new pickup truck and bass boat....

or pay for the second wife AND the first wife since they made a lousy marriage decisions.

That's on YOUR generation. I didn't teach them how to be drug addicts and shiftless bums. They acquired that skill elsewhere.

What I hear more each day is that there are a bunch of quitters who don't want to sacrifice anything in their comfortabe existence because sacrifice is HARD

Tough ****.

I know a sheepdog when I see one. And I know a sheep.

Well said

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alpo again.

Dammit, Janet!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/...po-workers.html#click=https://t.co/hwSy9aewRT
    Posting a few stories from the article,but more are at the source.

“I have been coming in sick because I’m worried that I’ll lose my job or just be punished if I call out,” said Angel Duarte, a package handler at a UPS hub in Tucson, Ariz. “I am 23, and I have no savings, and I have a 4-month-old son.”

A package sorter in a UPS facility near San Francisco said she had been going into work every day, even though her “throat feels like broken glass.” The worker, who requested anonymity, said she was petrified that she would lose her job if she called in sick. “I can’t afford to be homeless,” she said.

Another UPS package handler, Jeff Donigian, who works in Manchester, N.H., said he had been showing up to work feeling ill and coughing. He told a supervisor; he was told to go in anyway.

Dan Baker, a part-time package handler for FedEx in Nashville, worked through a sore throat and stomach problems this month. When he developed a fever, he told his supervisor he needed a day off.
    “I really need you here today,” Mr. Baker’s supervisor told him in a text message reviewed by The New York Times. He took the day off anyway. The company marked his absence as unexcused, meaning he got a demerit. Too many demerits can get a worker fired.

On Wednesday, Gov. Mike DeWine of Ohio urged businesses to take the temperatures of all employees before they entered workplaces and to be “aggressive in regard to cleaning surfaces and having soap/hand sanitizer available.”

Mr. Perry said a manager had told him that the governor’s directive was not a “mandate” and that UPS’s Columbus trucking facility did not have the necessary resources to comply.

I am posting only a few of the stories,there are many more from both delivery and grocery workers.

Yep, hell I know people personally that have told me that if they felt sick they would be going into work anyways.
    People dont want to starve or their kids to starve or lose their apartments, houses etc. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck.
    I'm not saying this is the right thing but who are we kidding to think everyone is going to be honest about being I'll and stay home? This is why they are shutting more and more places down.
    This is also why NOTHING enters my house without first being sanitized. Inside and out

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Is there any test out there that can check to see if we think we’ve had it, so we can go be productive members of this economy? Or hunt down Dan Bakers supervisor?

Actually there is such a test - just go to the nearest hospital and kiss all the women in the virus ward - wait two weeks and see how you feel. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A few days ago, Washington was on fire with the spread of the ChiCom-flu. They’re at 1524 cases now according to the site below and have been adding only a few cases a day for a few days now. What’s happened? Did the weather warm up out there and turned off “a switch”?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Huh... Well, I guess Washington must not be reporting their status frequently. I just checked again and they’ve got 269 new cases. I thought that was weird to have nada for such a long time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey, have you guys seen the Coronavirus thread? I swear it was around here somewhere. It was pretty cool, lots of research and links and information flowing around, allowing a lot of people to make informed decisions based on facts and science...

You have enough posts that I would think you would know all INGO threads eventually end up like this. Precession

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Russia has a lot of people but fewer coronavirus cases than any country near its size, fewer than little Luxembourgh. I figure either Russia is not a really hot tourist destination(except for burny) or they just are not testing anybody.

ETA - Or they lie as bad as china does.
    They are experiencing a 37% rise in “pneumonia” cases.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    A couple thousand 8 minutes after the go codes are given

a1MaYWrtUhdDHkifbAsN4qrmwjZim_7sTB3ZQMZGm9dYwXgQ_I-RdaQ-PLOMCoPRWN4HWapQLVcZ7o-IJNlZ6ou-SWd_AemhJjb6dWuDAHni1-2wkB3ClyW8ubpEbUXUSm_RUkee

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Unconfirmed. Pilot and air traffic controller with Coronavirus. Homeland security to close the tower tomorrow at midnight, closing the airport. Rumor mill.

Which airport?
    Chicago midway had this occur this past week. Air controller guy got c-virus and midway was out of service for about 3 hours. Then they got back online running limited operatons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom