• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Can’t stop gun sales then we will stop ammo sales. Your papers must be in order!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-bill-requiring-permit-to-purchase-ammunition

They already have something like this in California- you have to have a weapon in the correct caliber before you can buy the ammunition. And every ammo sale requires a NICS check, IIRC.

But, this is nothing new; antis have been suggesting onerous ammo taxes, for example. They know if they cannot get the weapons, then making ammo unavailable is their next best bet.

It is also interesting how many people who had no interest in guns are now running to gun stores once things got real. Reminds me of the old joke: "What's the definition of a neo-conservative? A liberal who just got mugged."

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This may be true, but black swans weren't found in nature either until they were. Take all these things with a large dose of salt. As far as sunlight goes doesn't UV naturally kill off viruses?

UV does kill but not INSTANTLY.

Per WHO they do not recommend UV lights.
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

This article goes into much more detail on why UV light is not a good idea for youself, ie human skin but OK for non-human stuff (hard surfaces)
    https://www.capegazette.com/article/can-uv-light-fight-coronavirus/198856

The problem with UV is you need to keep the UV on the virus for a long time. Just passing a UV light over it doesn't do much.

Now if its outside with all day sunlight yeah that UV is on the virus for a much longer period of time causing it to mutant, and die. Basically giving it cancer. LOL!

Best method for humans is wash your hands, 20+ seconds of friction on your hands kills/destroys thenvirus. Or use rubbing alcholo and rub, rub, rub.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

This article goes into much more detail on why UV light is not a good idea for youself, ie human skin but OK for non-human stuff (hard surfaces)

The problem with UV is you need to keep the UV on the virus for a long time. Just passing a UV light over it doesn't do much.

Now if its outside with all day sunlight yeah that UV is on the virus for a much longer period of time causing it to mutant, and die. Basically giving it cancer. LOL!

Best method for humans is wash your hands, 20+ seconds of friction on your hands kills/destroys thenvirus. Or use rubbing alcholo and rub, rub, rub.

You should see what UV does to paper, duct tap, etc after a week of 24/7 exposure.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well paper is a natural product made from wood so yes UV is going to mess that up as well.

A hard surface like stainless steel, ceramic I'm sure can take the UV damage much better.

The point is UV light is not a magic instant killer.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

I just bought a sanitizer for my cpap. Looked at a model that was a UV chamber but you couldn't put the hose in it. Got a unit that attaches to a large bag. You put the mask, hose and humidifier it the bag, seal it, and it inflates with ozone. Kills 99.9% of germs, viruses, etc. Nice thing is you can put anything in the bag; toothbrush, mouthguard, filter masks...

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I just bought a sanitizer for my cpap. Looked at a model that was a UV chamber but you couldn't put the hose in it. Got a unit that attaches to a large bag. You put the mask, hose and humidifier it the bag, seal it, and it inflates with ozone. Kills 99.9% of germs, viruses, etc. Nice thing is you can put anything in the bag; toothbrush, mouthguard, filter masks...

I just run an ozone unit for 15 to 20 minutes at the intake on my CPAP when I stop it in the morning. The CPAP cycles the ozone through it while drying out.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A lot of how effective UV is depends on the wavelength. Most of sunlight is in the A region with about 10% of the shorter wave B. The really aggressive short wave germicidal band is referred to as UV-C. It's not found here on the earth from the sun as it's all blocked before it gets here. UV-C sterilizers are used in lots of areas, but like a welding arc, it's rough on your skin.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I just run an ozone unit for 15 to 20 minutes at the intake on my CPAP when I stop it in the morning. The CPAP cycles the ozone through it while drying out.

Just to put it out there, in case anybody gets an ideas, ozone is very bad to breathe. Don't just buy an ozone generator and start running it in your house 24/7. You'll wish you had the WuFlu.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have one of those also. The deluxe model came with a plastic box for an extra $30-40. I got the standard model and bought a box with locking handles at Dollar General for $5.

Sent from my TA-1027 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom