• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe.
    They mandated the white collar exec's (those are the ones traveling internationally for business) who favor the mandate anyhow.
    The blue collar workers, who are mostly against the mandate, are not mandated but, still have the option. Everyone's happy.
    Besides, the federal govt mandated the jab for international travel. Or at least if you plan on returning home.
    So they mandated. Thanks for confirming.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That’s fine, and yes it’s a private business, but as a private business I can choose to give them my business or not. It doesn’t matter if I don’t like the logo, my reason for doing so is my personal business... I don’t think we should make laws to take away businesses rights to do business how they see fit, let the free market decide that... and that’s exactly what we’re doing.

I’m also curious why a boycott would work for the left but not the right? Money’s the same color regardless of political affiliation
    Left leaning corporate suites are far more susceptible to leftist tactics than they are to the same tactics from the right, because they already lean that way. And in a fight they will always follow their bias…

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This whole thread reminds of the evangelical atheists. You know the ones that don’t believe and want to make sure no one else believes? This is just like that but in a purity scale.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    If we are going to do this, let’s do it right. Here is a list I came across.

So toss those credit cards, American Express, and Citi, Bank Of America, Capital One…

No shopping at Walmart and TJMaxx…

No Big Macs…

No new F350…

No Yellowstone, Paramount owned by Viacom…

No TV from NBC and Netflix…

No flying commercial, Southwest, Delta, United…

No prescriptions, CVS, Walgreens…

No chicken from Tyson…

No rides from Uber or Lyft…

No healthcare from Anthem…

No dinner from Doordash…

No cell phone from ATT…

No UPS shipments…

Not even some Kraft cheese and Heinz ketchup…

Is this getting ridiculous yet? Why do we want to put those who produce things important to us like tough workwear out of business we sure are not going to make a dent in those listed here and there likely are thousands more. If not boycotting them all which ones do we boycott without being hypocritical? I think it is silly to boycott Carhartt over this…

I am right at a 50% boycott rate right now. It’s not hard at all. I disagree with their policies or politics, so I just don’t go there.

I think that I can easily add one or two to the list, without inconveniencing myself much at all.

PS: my wife still shakes her head over Heinz. I don’t care if THK sold it, the brand is dead to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    This. Do people really find all or nothing thinking helpful? It's possible to make simple choices where you can without hurting yourself. If enough people make a few simple choices at a time, it'll eventually add up. You don't have to boycott everything at once nor cut off your nose to spite your face. Instead of giving up before you ever get started take a lesson from the Lefties, pick a company, isolate it, apply pressure, then move on to the next.

As for Carhartt specifically, why treat them like a sacred cow? Why support their BS when there is an Indiana based Company that produces work clothes as good or better than Carhartt?

I just skipped Carharrt and bought some Berne bibs at RK

Last edited:

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I’m going to make my point clear and distinct. If you are boycotting Carhartt, and get in an Uber, paid for with your Citi card, to go to the airport where you have a Big Mac while while waiting to board a southwest flight to Vegas to stay at MGM, you are a hypocrite.

As stated earlier this is about a private company and their vaccine policy, not an attack on our second amendment rights. Most of you don’t run a company and have firsthand knowledge of the pressure that can be put on these companies. It could be as simple as their insurance or legal counsel told them they had too. And to sheep that doesn’t seem a big deal.

You see, this doesn’t have to be 100%, if not then only 0% is acceptable.

It’s ok for individuals to decide how much that they are willing to be inconvenienced to make their mark, however small it may or may not be

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I couldn’t care less what you guys buy or boycott. But I will point out the futility and hypocrisy of it all.

So to me, it depends on the motivation. If you don’t like something about a company, or had a bad experience, it would be fair to choose not to support them.

Not every company is on my radar, so why should I care.. there is nothing hypocritical about that. People just get to decide where to spend their money. We have the ability to choose, why not use that ability

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Funny thing though, INGO seems to think that Carhartt is the most egregious of needs to be made an example of? Just curious, in light of the lists I posted, why them?

No dog in the fight… i see carhartt and nascar the same. They forgot who their audience is.

Now if we are talking about a woke company, I wouldn’t expect anything different and would not likely be doing business with them before ‘said incident’ happened

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I called Carhartt customer service and talked to a very sweet young lady. I told her I was calling to complain and she said “let it rip”. I informed her that I had used their products for the better part of 25 years but with this announcement I would no longer buy anything with that name on it. She said that has been a recurring theme today and asked if I would leave my name and be willing to talk to someone about this. I said sure, hopefully someone calls it would be interesting.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I called Carhartt customer service and talked to a very sweet young lady. I told her I was calling to complain and she said “let it rip”. I informed her that I had used their products for the better part of 25 years but with this announcement I would no longer buy anything with that name on it. She said that has been a recurring theme today and asked if I would leave my name and be willing to talk to someone about this. I said sure, hopefully someone calls it would be interesting.
    If they want your money they’ll reconsider their stance. If not they can sell it to Mike for half off.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I tried the Berne jackets a couple years ago. They sure didn't hold up like I hoped they would compared to Carhartt
    This ^^^ I have a Berne heavy weight winter jacket that I really like - insulated hood, very much like a Carharrt but the exterior material is wearing through where it is gathered into the banded sleeves. That area rubs against anything you're working on and it just doesn't seem to hold up as well as it should

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    When Taco Bell was required to eliminate the sand from their meat, they had to reduce the amount they used.
    Their profits would've been buried head first.
    Now they use alternate fillers. So you will now receive a full tablespoon per taco, if you're able to gag it down, and are prepared to spend a significant portion of the evening on the porcelain throne.
    I can't spend money on something that comes out faster than it goes in.
    Can't say I've ever been tempted or missed it one bit. Now the Taco Bell of the early to mid 80's was a different story, they were actually pricey for fast food back then.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County