Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have a friend that said just that this past weekend, can I not be friends any longer? Is he not allowed to state his opinion? You do realize that our view is a minority view and certainly a minority view of those in the NFL.
    He can hold, and espouse, whatever views he wants. I only care that he perform well in his role as GM.

By the same token, I can criticize his remarks, and criticize him for using his NFL pulpit to espouse them. Equal exercise of first amendment-protected rights.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Time for a new GM I think. **** him.
    He has a right to his own opinion, no matter how wrong it is. He shouldn't broadcast it in a speech about football matters. It's not germane to the speech. I think most of us here were against kneeling during the National Anthem, right? Pretty sure he has no problem with bringing politics onto the field. I say it's wrong. That's my opinion.
    I disagree we should cancel him in your original post, and agree with your second post…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He could have at least acknowledged Dicken's roll in stopping the GPM killer, but no, he had to just go with the standard leftist drivel. And I've ranted enough in this thread. I now return you to your regular Colts discussion, which is already in progress. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One does lose credibility when sharing what should be a considered opinion and they say things proving they do not know the subject.
    Exactly. You won't see me posting in the "Hot Rod" thread, because I don't know anything about "hot rods". People that know nothing about firearms should do the same.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    As for Ballard, obviously I disagree with his stance on guns.

Most people on the wrong side of these types of issues fall into two categories: evil or ignorant.

I genuinely think people like Ballard and Steve Kerr fall into the “ignorant” category. They’re compassionate, empathetic people that don’t like seeing innocent people killed. Fair enough. Nobody likes to see innocent lives lost. But you can’t say something like “AK15” and pretend to be educated on the subject matter.

Those people need to be taught.

The problem is that most of the people in power on the wrong side of this issue fall into the “evil” category. They know exactly what they’re doing: disarming law-abiding citizens. That is absolutely to be met with all of the fury that we can muster.

Ballard is a well-intentioned guy, albeit misguided. He does happen to be a fantastic football GM though. So he’s got my vote to stay in the job.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    At least now that JJ went to TB, we can dispense with the rumors that he’s talking to the colts.

On that subject, Ballard did say they were still in talks with TY.

TY makes more sense to me. Obviously knows the offense. Also most of our receivers now are big dudes, and if (when, unfortunately) Parris Campbell goes down with an injury, they’d be missing a smaller/shifty/speedy receiver.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    On that subject, Ballard did say they were still in talks with TY.

TY makes more sense to me. Obviously knows the offense. Also most of our receivers now are big dudes, and if (when, unfortunately) Parris Campbell goes down with an injury, they’d be missing a smaller/shifty/speedy receiver.
    If TY would be willing to move to slot, he would be a great addition.

I'm not sure he can still carry the load of a #1 (or even a #2) WR anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom