• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    While I'm glad to hear that, it does make one wonder why he was made available... I mean, what team wouldn't give their left nut to have a (potential) Peyton Manning?
    I believe based on my reading that the Falcons thought they could have their cake and eat it too. Thought they could flirt with Watson and not cause trouble at home. When the music stopped, they did not land Watson and put off their QB. Ballard was ready to pounce (probably already talking to Ryan but to admit would be admitting tampering with another teams player or Ryan had permission to talk and liked the Colts) before other managers even thought he would be available and got a steal. At some point a team has to move on even from a QB of Ryan’s level to rebuild. Atlanta was not going to be a contender in Ryan’s expected career span.

Did you see the comment from another executive whining about the colts luck in getting Ryan? I believe many feel that way. It was a great move by the Colts…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I believe based on my reading that the Falcons thought they could have their cake and eat it too. Thought they could flirt with Watson and not cause trouble at home. When the music stopped, they did not land Watson and put off their QB. Ballard was ready to pounce (probably already talking to Ryan but to admit would be admitting tampering with another teams player or Ryan had permission to talk and liked the Colts) before other managers even thought he would be available and got a steal. At some point a team has to move on even from a QB of Ryan’s level to rebuild. Atlanta was not going to be a contender in Ryan’s expected career span.

Did you see the comment from another executive whining about the colts luck in getting Ryan? I believe many feel that way. It was a great move by the Colts…
    I didn't see the comment by another executive, but that's also encouraging! :thumbsup:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    While I'm glad to hear that, it does make one wonder why he was made available... I mean, what team wouldn't give their left nut to have a (potential) Peyton Manning?

Along with what Ingomike said, all of the major quarterback moves had already been made before anyone knew that Ryan was even available. I’m guessing there are lots of teams that would have been in the mix for him had they known he was a possibility.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The NFL schedule comes out tonight so it’s time to remind everyone of this stat.

Since 2015, 30 NFL teams have had at 3 home primetime games. Some have had way more but they’ve all had at least 3.

Two teams have had zero home primetime games: Colts and Jaguars.

At this point, it just has to be on purpose.

And it’s not just because Indy has been fairly mediocre in that span. Think of all the mediocre/garbage teams over the past 7 years. Lions. Browns. Bengals. Dolphins. Falcons. All of them have had at least three home primetime games. The Colts have had zero.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The NFL schedule comes out tonight so it’s time to remind everyone of this stat.

Since 2015, 30 NFL teams have had at 3 home primetime games. Some have had way more but they’ve all had at least 3.

Two teams have had zero home primetime games: Colts and Jaguars.

At this point, it just has to be on purpose.

And it’s not just because Indy has been fairly mediocre in that span. Think of all the mediocre/garbage teams over the past 7 years. Lions. Browns. Bengals. Dolphins. Falcons. All of them have had at least three home primetime games. The Colts have had zero.
    Are you sure? I thought they had a Sunday night and Monday night game at home nit too long ago?? I certainly could be wrong but it doesn't seem that long ago

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Are you sure? I thought they had a Sunday night and Monday night game at home nit too long ago?? I certainly could be wrong but it doesn't seem that long ago

Nope.

By the way I don’t count Thursday night games. Those are like constellation prizes. Everybody gets a Thursday night game.

Sunday night and Monday night. The last one was the infamous New England “fake punt” game in 2015.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom