• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    After watching some highlights, he definitely needs to learn to quit on a play. Throw it away sometimes man. The hero ball is cool but getting rid of it on a blown play is a win in my book. The physical traits are there for sure. Hopefully Reich can harness it. A lot like Luck when he first came in, tries to make EVERY play. With our running game and defense, we don’t need him to be Superman.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    After watching some highlights, he definitely needs to learn to quit on a play. Throw it away sometimes man. The hero ball is cool but getting rid of it on a blown play is a win in my book. The physical traits are there for sure. Hopefully Reich can harness it. A lot like Luck when he first came in, tries to make EVERY play. With our running game and defense, we don’t need him to be Superman.
    Reich's offense gets rid of the ball quick.
    Philly didn't have an O-line, running backs were useless with the line, and Wentz was the proverbial "deer in the headlights" after a while.
    IF he comes back to form with a good O-line it might just be a GREAT deal.
    Anyway you look at it right now.... What's the downside in the QB room?

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Another plus to the signing after getting a starter who with a good offensive line can give them multiple years is that now they can concentrate on getting a quality left tackle.
    This deal is done, move on to the two items remaining, left tackle and wide receiver.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So it looks like we're #TeamWentz now. Good on Ballard for not budging from his initial trade offer. A 3rd and (conditional) 2nd is a good price for Wentz. That 2nd becomes a 1st if Wentz actually plays consistently as our starter, which, again, is fine. If he flames out our can't stay healthy, a 3 and a 2 is a pretty cheap roll of the dice.

I'm good with it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Some people put too much stock into statistics when evaluating a player, but here’s Wentz career QBR ranking.

2016 (rookie season): 26th
    2017: 1st (Eagles won the super bowl)
    2018: 12th
    2019: 11th
    2020: 28th

Let’s throw out his rookie season, because rookie. Other than last year, where the whole Eagles team was a disaster from top to bottom, he’s basically a top 10 quarterback. He was a legitimate MVP candidate in 2017 before popping his ACL, and it’s not like he had a huge drop-off afterwards. In 2018, he had a better QBR than Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, and Dak Prescott. 2019 he ranked higher than Brady and Rodgers. I’m hoping that last year was an anamoly and he can get back to his normal self. Honestly with the team we have around him, there’s no reason to think he won’t if he can stay healthy.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Chris Ballard is really good at his job

TGXMCac.jpg

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Legal tampering began yesterday and, unsurprisingly, the Colts didn’t do a darn thing. Not a peep. Crickets. Ballard is NEVER going to overpay for a big name guy. What that means is you have to be exceptionally good at drafting and developing your own.

In other news, Jacoby Brissett signed a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins. So as of now, Jacob Eason is the backup behind Wentz.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Legal tampering began yesterday and, unsurprisingly, the Colts didn’t do a darn thing. Not a peep. Crickets. Ballard is NEVER going to overpay for a big name guy. What that means is you have to be exceptionally good at drafting and developing your own.

In other news, Jacoby Brissett signed a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins. So as of now, Jacob Eason is the backup behind Wentz.
    I don't know what this means. But I don't follow this stuff like you do CP.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I don't know what this means. But I don't follow this stuff like you do CP.

I’ve always been a fan, but three or four years ago I really started following seriously. Don’t know why.

Anyway, teams aren’t legally allowed to talk to free agents until the new league year starts. That’s tampering and you’ll get fined. Everybody knows that it happens, but technically it’s illegal. Now there’s a “legal tampering” period a few days before the league year starts where teams can make unofficial deals with free agents.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Still waiting on any TY news. Kenny Moore keeps strongly implying via Twitter that a deal is imminent, if not done. But, officially, nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom