Not open for further replies.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Lots of chatter about Wentz being traded in the coming days. Really hoping the Colts don’t make this move and give up a bunch of high draft picks and eat his huge contract. Ballard has done an amazing job in the draft and I’d much prefer the team continue to build with those instead of gambling on Frank’s ability to fix Wentz

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Lots of chatter about Wentz being traded in the coming days. Really hoping the Colts don’t make this move and give up a bunch of high draft picks and eat his huge contract. Ballard has done an amazing job in the draft and I’d much prefer the team continue to build with those instead of gambling on Frank’s ability to fix Wentz

The rumor mill is mostly grinding on a Wentz trade to Chicago:

(Interesting nugget buried in there: the rumor that Nick Foles is headed either to Chicago - in the purported Wentz trade - or to Indianapolis.)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The rumor mill is mostly grinding on a Wentz trade to Chicago:

(Interesting nugget buried in there: the rumor that Nick Foles is headed either to Chicago - in the purported Wentz trade - or to Indianapolis.)

At this point I’d almost be okay with signing Fitzpatrick or Dalton or Foles as a backup and starting Jacob Eason just to see what the kid can do. It’s gonna take a massive amount of draft capital to move up high enough this year to get a top QB prospect.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The Wentz-to-Colts rumors are definitely heating up. “Per source” Wentz has said he prefers the Colts over the Bears as a destination. Again, take that with a minuscule grain of salt until it comes out of Chris Ballard’s mouth.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I've heard every current and potential FA QB linked to the Colts at this point, and they are all "meh": Wentz, Foles, Dalton, Mariota, etc.

As long as Ballard doesn't overpay for value, any one of them is an upgrade over Brissett - and none of them is the ultimate answer. It would be nice to have a competent QB to anchor a team that is otherwise in the mix for a deep playoffs run.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I'm not a big Wentz fan, but that is a deal that I can live with.
    Agreed. Not a very exciting move but he’s probably the most realistic option. If Reich can turn his career around then he’ll be “the guy” for the next 7 or 8 seasons. I’m not going to discount him entirely because of his fallout in Philly, but he definitely needs to return to his 2017 form.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Agreed. Not a very exciting move but he’s probably the most realistic option. If Reich can turn his career around then he’ll be “the guy” for the next 7 or 8 seasons. I’m not going to discount him entirely because of his fallout in Philly, but he definitely needs to return to his 2017 form.
    Very few QBs can carry their teams, and Wentz isn't one of them. Not a knock on him really, just being real. If he can stay off his back, we continue to be able to run the ball, and we play move the chains football, I think he can do very well.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Wentz per game in his career has more yards running than Josh Allen....backwards on his way to getting sacked.......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom