• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    This is one area where he has the advantage over Eason. When the play breaks down, his athleticism takes over.
    It`s been shown time and time again, running quarterbacks don`t win championships, and they hardly last very long in the league at all. Especially those who have such lousy arm strength. A rookie quarterback in his very first, and pre-season, NFL football game is hardly anything to get excited about. Eason has a much great chance of sticking with a team, and more likely can transition into a starting role. As much as the announcer tried to state otherwise, arm strength IS vital in that league. If it really didn`t matter as he kept quipping, Joe Montana could still be playing.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I like it. Gives you more options, which is always a good thing. :thumbsup:
    I enjoy traditional pocket passer, big armed quarterbacks. Running quarterbacks don`t last long, they don`t win championships, and I don`t find them to be much of anything other than a distraction.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Interesting…

yWgFm9I.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I enjoy traditional pocket passer, big armed quarterbacks. Running quarterbacks don`t last long, they don`t win championships, and I don`t find them to be much of anything other than a distraction.
    Sometimes the ability to scramble opens up a lot of opportunities. But some QB’s do it so often it becomes who they are, and defenses adjust. Patrick mahommes is a running quarterback and he’s already got a championship. Historically, lots of QB’s were scramblers.

Unrelated, kinda, I remember one year in pee wee football (2nd grade or so) our coach would make us run a quarterback sneak EVERY SINGLE PLAY. We handed the ball off maybe 10 times that season, and only threw it a few times. Every play was a sneak, which is ironic, cause it wasn’t sneaky after an entire year of running it. I’m sure he did it cause we were so young and couldn’t catch for ****, but still.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Carson Wentz and Quenton Nelson will both be on the practice field tomorrow. Far from 100% but that’s gotta be encouraging. Still three weeks til the start of the regular season.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Carson Wentz and Quenton Nelson will both be on the practice field tomorrow. Far from 100% but that’s gotta be encouraging. Still three weeks til the start of the regular season.
    For some reason, when Wentz first got hurt, I was thinking they said he was going to miss the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season, but they must have just said that he would be out for 5 or 6 weeks and I misinterpreted it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    For some reason, when Wentz first got hurt, I was thinking they said he was going to miss the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season, but they must have just said that he would be out for 5 or 6 weeks and I misinterpreted it.

Original prognoses was 5-12 weeks, which would’ve gotten well into the regular season. Both seem to be trending toward the earlier part of that timeline.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Colts beat the Lions 27-17 and go undefeated in the preseason for the first time since 1994.

As we know it's pre season and doesn't mean much...unless you're fighting for a job. But, will be interesting to see how tonight's injuries play into things. Am I correct that 2 players were carted off the field?
    On a positive note, I think they have plenty of potential this year

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom