• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    As we know it's pre season and doesn't mean much...unless you're fighting for a job. But, will be interesting to see how tonight's injuries play into things. Am I correct that 2 players were carted off the field?
    On a positive note, I think they have plenty of potential this year

All of the players injured were way down the roster depth chart. No starters or backups were hurt in any of the preseason games.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    You have to feel for a guy that was simply fighting for a roster spot and gets injured for his trouble. I know it's low on the scale of injustices in this world, but I can empathize.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    You have to feel for a guy that was simply fighting for a roster spot and gets injured for his trouble. I know it's low on the scale of injustices in this world, but I can empathize.

Absolutely. From a team perspective it’s not a big loss but yeah for those guys individually it’s devastating. You have to be the top 1% of the top 1% to even be in the NFL in the first place. They’re just trying to make a roster and get a paycheck. It’s an ugly business for sure.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    What about the qb position though?

Carson Wentz is back. At this point, it would be more surprising if he didn’t play week 1. He was out at practice three straight days last week doing basically everything full speed.

Unless they bring in a vet that’s cut from another team, Jacob Eason will be the backup QB. He’s earned that spot.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Carson Wentz is back. At this point, it would be more surprising if he didn’t play week 1. He was out at practice three straight days last week doing basically everything full speed.

Unless they bring in a vet that’s cut from another team, Jacob Eason will be the backup QB. He’s earned that spot.
    Yeah but with a starter that seems injury prone...I am concerned

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah but with a starter that seems injury prone...I am concerned

That’s every team in the league though. You gotta think maybe half of even the starters in the league are playoff caliber QB’s. And that’s the starters. Backups are just that, backups. Every team in the league is screwed without their starting QB.

Now, having said all that, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Colts sign a veteran backup before the season. Like a Nick Foles or someone like that.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    So far the only people within the Colts organization to test positive are all fully vaccinated. Wentz, Pascal, are being held out because of “close contact”.

The NFL policy is so dumb.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Thank goodness the vaccine is so effective!
    It really has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccine (which was never intended to prevent transmission for a respiratory virus like this one, unlike, say Smallpox), and everything to do with the stupidity of the NFL policy. In practice, it appears to be the vaccinated players transmitting the virus, and the unvaccinated players being held to a more stringent standard regarding close contact tracing and quarantining.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    , it appears to be the vaccinated players transmitting the virus, and the unvaccinated players being held to a more stringent standard regarding close contact tracing and quarantining.

Seems jabbed individuals shed 251 times to viral load of un jabbed individuals. This is Oxford university published by the lancet medical journal.

I am better at hands on stuff but my free thinking mind then tells me maybe Covid 19 delta virus is not more transmissible but jabbed individuals producing 251 times the viral load might be sending much more virus into the air making the transmission of Covid easier. As more jabbed get mild Covid or no symptoms Covid they spread that viral load more easily. The more jabbed with Covid the more viral load the more exposure and the higher cases.

maybe I am wrong

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom