• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    You talk about things you don’t understand. How old were you in 1992 when the assault ban went I to effect?

I've met people who own transferables who said they don't want the Hughes repealed because it would "crash their portfolio". I don't see what my age matters in a statement of looking at history, also the AWB was 1994-2004. I've seen the history of Gun Legislation and each time there's a big gun bill, you have people hoarding and then jacking up prices because they care more about their pockets than they do about the rights of their fellow man. I want every able minded adult in this country to be able to own whatever arms they want and not to be restricted because some suits tell me it's not allowed. Shall not be infringed, but some people want to continue the infringement because "my investments"

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    And there you have it.

Have what? My opinion that inexpensive arms for the population is a great way to run a business, every citizen has the right to arm themself.

But but but you won't be able to sell them to some sentimental Fudd for more than you paid.

Yes, because I don't view guns as investments, I view them as collections and tools, I love my guns and never want to abandon them.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    My 15 dollar evidence locker hipoint has had 250 dollar offers after I cleaned it up a little

Attachments

• 20190205_194430.jpg
      20190205_194430.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 14

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My minimum would be Anderson/PSA, they are great rifles for the price, and I love PSA's personal beliefs of "we want every american to be able to afford the right to protect themselves", the same way I love Hi-Point's CEO's personal beliefs. I wouldn't really say I'm building "budget guns", more so guns that I know I'll like from the start and not have to worry about changing out parts, buy once/cry once. PSA also has a fantastic warranty for if they have an issue, my buddy bought one back in 2015 and in 2016, after heavy use, found the handguard get a bit loose, PSA told him to ship it to them so they can fix it, and it seemed like they just sent him a brand new upper. Customer Service is big factor into companies I support, PSA and Hi-point have great CS, and I know Hi-point gets a lot of jokes their way, but for what they are built for, (inexpensive guns just to have something to protect yourself no matter your income), they are fine and don't deserve all the hate they get, cause they aren't trying to be a perfect pistol.
    That is the beauty of this. You can buy/build Anderson or PSA within your budget, and have the opportunity to learn, and shoot the crap out of them. I’m not slamming them. They are budget, entry level guns and I’m glad they exist, so that you, and people of your age, can enjoy them.

We really are all on the same side here, just different points in life.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    My 15 dollar evidence locker hipoint has had 250 dollar offers after I cleaned it up a little

lovin the stainless, still waiting on the YC9 so that I can throw a can and RMR(tm) on just to make a $#!+posting pistol for the sake of having fun with, I will spend 3x the cost of the gun for the sake of the joke.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    lovin the stainless, still waiting on the YC9 so that I can throw a can and RMR(tm) on just to make a $#!+posting pistol for the sake of having fun with, I will spend 3x the cost of the gun for the sake of the joke.

It's not stainless. I hand trued and polished the pot metal

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have what? My opinion that inexpensive arms for the population is a great way to run a business, every citizen has the right to arm themself.

Yes, because I don't view guns as investments, I view them as collections and tools, I love my guns and never want to abandon them.

No sir. I agree with the premise. It makes sense.
    Just know I have been through that phase and will never again return to it. Some really poor fit up and things were just sloppy.
    Did they run....yes for the most part.
    Did they fail.....yes more that I was comfy with.
    Did they hit what I pointed them at....Yes for the most part.

Now all that is just my personal experiences with PSA basement level AR's and yes they are basement level. IMHO of course. No knock towards you or anybody else that has them especially if it is a budget issue. Just know I see them for exactly what they are. And they fill that Niche.
    Now, if you think for 1 second those piece-meal rifle's run with the Colt then my brother you need to sit down and re-evaluate how you look at this because they do not. Period. I have put way too many of them together for budget minded folks. Again, if you are one of those 3 mags per range trip 3 trips a year shooters yup, perfect for you.

You can argue this all you like but you are yelling to no one.
    Again, been there done that.
    No knock on you or others that own them.
    No ****ing way they are any more than what they are.

Now please stop stirring things up. It is obvious as to the limits of your knowledge here and I cast no stones at you for your enthusiasm.
    Ease up on the throttle because you are spinning your wheels and getting no where.

Please.

New era Colt 1911's :p

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Colt made shiny ones too.

yih2Ciw.jpg

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Now, if you think for 1 second those piece-meal rifle's run with the Colt then my brother you need to sit down and re-evaluate how you look at this

I think it all depends on what you put in a piecemeal build. My AR9 is a great pistol, it has no felt recoil, literally none which I attribute to the SCS, and the barrel is a good and reliable company. It's built how I wanted it and I didn't have to exchange parts or buy a second time, all parts were planned out from the start and I knew what was going in it. I don't really like the idea of "I'll buy this gun and switch out what I want after", because then you'll just end up with a drawer of parts. 1 thing I do need to change and might come into play when I build a future rifle, is my current 5.56 barrel is only a 1:9 twist, but this was my first build and I know this one isn't perfect since it's built for around $450 not including the optic almost 3 years ago when I wasn't making much money, my next build will be a 1:7.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I think it all depends on what you put in a piecemeal build. My AR9 is a great pistol, it has no felt recoil, literally none which I attribute to the SCS, and the barrel is a good and reliable company. It's built how I wanted it and I didn't have to exchange parts or buy a second time, all parts were planned out from the start and I knew what was going in it. I don't really like the idea of "I'll buy this gun and switch out what I want after", because then you'll just end up with a drawer of parts. 1 thing I do need to change and might come into play when I build a future rifle, is my current 5.56 barrel is only a 1:9 twist, but this was my first build and I know this one isn't perfect since it's built for around $450 not including the optic, my next build will be a 1:7.
    1:7 gives you much more options, but, 1:9, will run 55gr all day long. It gets you in the ball game, and that’s what matters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it all depends on what you put in a piecemeal build. My AR9 is a great pistol, it has no felt recoil, literally none which I attribute to the SCS, and the barrel is a good and reliable company. It's built how I wanted it and I didn't have to exchange parts or buy a second time, all parts were planned out from the start and I knew what was going in it. I don't really like the idea of "I'll buy this gun and switch out what I want after", because then you'll just end up with a drawer of parts. 1 thing I do need to change and might come into play when I build a future rifle, is my current 5.56 barrel is only a 1:9 twist, but this was my first build and I know this one isn't perfect since it's built for around $450 not including the optic almost 3 years ago when I wasn't making much money, my next build will be a 1:7.

My AR based 9mm pistol is an absolute hoot to run. Once you get dialed on the steel if you miss it is on you. Too much fun.

Again, I understand the need to keep these things in perspective. I used to try. Never did very well at it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My AR based 9mm pistol is an absolute hoot to run. Once you get dialed on the steel if you miss it is on you. Too much fun.

Again, I understand the need to keep these things in perspective. I used to try. Never did very well at it.
    Let’s not get into pistol caliber stuff, please.

But, for the haters, I don’t own a Colt 9mm rifle anymore. I’m almost cured.

Top Bottom