• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The main gripe I have with colt is that they didn't keep the 6940P in production.
    It was short lived, but I’ll bet that was a heavy SOB. The monolithic upper adds so much weight. I can’t imagine carrying that with a can on it. My 6945 is very heavy for a 10.3” rifle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not really.

Like I said in my first post in this thread. It’s just hip to hate Colt, the same as it is to hate Nickleback. The internet says they suck, so they go with the crowd. Sheep are very set in their ways and can’t be taught anything. They learned stuff on the airsoft forums.

Yeah I still hate their 1911's so there.....:p
    That is not from the interwebs but right off the Mouse gun bench. Been up in more than a few and they were just not there for the price point.

And you Butt munchers have got me missing my Colt Pre-Billery.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I dislike Colt for putting out minimal quality products and charging a premium because of the logo. You can have milspec, but it's one thing to have milspec and know there are better options, and having milspec and claiming anything different is inherently lesser because it isn't a mass produced cheap part. Paying $1200 for a rifle it costs them $250-300 to puck off a line, just because it has that brand and that's the only real difference, isn't a business model I support. Why do Colt milspec LPKs cost $150 when I could buy an Anderson milspec for $30, if they're both milspec then why would I pay the $120 more just to say "I have a Colt LPK"? Colt is a gucci brand at this point, and people try to use it as a status symbol. I buy my guns to have fun with and to use, if I wanted a gucci'd out AR, I'd buy a BCM or Daniel Defense, but I don't really care for gucci, prebuilt, guns, I like to assemble them myself piecemeal.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I laid out specifc evidence why we should hate on them for gouging. If they kept the 6920 at 650-700 I wouldn't have an issue.

Then that just proves you are short sighted. Again, resale. Colts have a collector’s value, that won’t be seen in most other brands. It’s just that simple. If you don’t like them don’t buy them. It’s easy. Want to sell them later and send your kids to college, but wisely. Again, this ain’t rocket surgery.

Want a gun for your 3 Gun match, by all means, buy the Geisllie. Want a return on your investment, buy the Colt, or an HK.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I dislike Colt for putting out minimal quality products and charging a premium because of the logo. You can have milspec, but it's one thing to have milspec and know there are better options, and having milspec and claiming anything different is inherently lesser because it isn't a mass produced cheap part. Paying $1200 for a rifle it costs them $250-300 to puck off a line, just because it has that brand and that's the only real difference, isn't a business model I support. Why do Colt milspec LPKs cost $150 when I could buy an Anderson milspec for $30, if they're both milspec then why would I pay the $120 more just to say "I have a Colt LPK"? Colt is a gucci brand at this point, and people try to use it as a status symbol. I buy my guns to have fun with and to use, if I wanted a gucci'd out AR, I'd buy a BCM or Daniel Defense, but I don't really care for gucci, prebuilt, guns, I like to assemble them myself piecemeal.
    And I support your right to build a low budget gun. We are all in different places in life, and have different levels of disposable income. I don’t hate on Anderson or PSA, I just don’t buy them.
    We all have minimum standards. Colt is mine. What is yours?

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Thinking of guns as an investment is why we have so many MG owners against the abolition of the Hughes Amendment, they don't want to lose their "investments" for the rights of others. Whenever people look at their babies as "investments" make me cringe, because it's why garbage rods (Mosins) are now $400, because you have people sitting on crates just jacking up prices. If the AWB was still in effect today, you'd have gun owners saying not to retract it because their pre-bans were their "investments".

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    And I support your right to build a low budget gun. We are all in different places in life, and have different levels of disposable income. I don’t hate on Anderson or PSA, I just don’t buy them.

If Colt is your "minimum standard" you really need to look into that. If Colt is your standard for returns on investments, you might want to sell them before the people who value them die of old age.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If Colt is your "minimum standard" you really need to look into that. If Colt is your standard for returns on investments, you might want to sell them before the people who value them die of old age.
    My investments are doing very well. Thanks for your concern. I hope HiPoint treats you just as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He has been asked this so many times. Seems to be riding a wave hear. Stirring the pot.
    I grow so weary of cats that "Think" they know.

Oh well......:dunno:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Then that just proves you are short sighted. Again, resale. Colts have a collector’s value, that won’t be seen in most other brands. It’s just that simple. If you don’t like them don’t buy them. It’s easy. Want to sell them later and send your kids to college, but wisely. Again, this ain’t rocket surgery.

Want a gun for your 3 Gun match, by all means, buy the Geisllie. Want a return on your investment, buy the Colt, or an HK.

A post ban era colt will not grow in value. Like the post 86 Winchesters. It should hold, like any quality factory rifle and will increase if a grandfather ban comes on again, but everything will appreciate at a similar rate. The investment ar's in current production are going to be the guns that are in video games. Like guns that were popular in westerns were to previous generations, and preban ar's to another generation. You want to invest in a current production rifle search for the popular guns in call of duty then keep them in a box.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thinking of guns as an investment is why we have so many MG owners against the abolition of the Hughes Amendment, they don't want to lose their "investments" for the rights of others. Whenever people look at their babies as "investments" make me cringe, because it's why garbage rods (Mosins) are now $400, because you have people sitting on crates just jacking up prices. If the AWB was still in effect today, you'd have gun owners saying not to retract it because their pre-bans were their "investments".
    You talk about things you don’t understand. How old were you in 1992 when the assault ban went I to effect?

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg

My minimum would be Anderson/PSA, they are great rifles for the price, and I love PSA's personal beliefs of "we want every american to be able to afford the right to protect themselves", the same way I love Hi-Point's CEO's personal beliefs. I wouldn't really say I'm building "budget guns", more so guns that I know I'll like from the start and not have to worry about changing out parts, buy once/cry once. PSA also has a fantastic warranty for if they have an issue, my buddy bought one back in 2015 and in 2016, after heavy use, found the handguard get a bit loose, PSA told him to ship it to them so they can fix it, and it seemed like they just sent him a brand new upper. Customer Service is big factor into companies I support, PSA and Hi-point have great CS, and I know Hi-point gets a lot of jokes their way, but for what they are built for, (inexpensive guns just to have something to protect yourself no matter your income), they are fine and don't deserve all the hate they get, cause they aren't trying to be a perfect pistol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My minimum would be Anderson/PSA, they are great rifles for the price, and I love PSA's personal beliefs of "we want every american to be able to afford the right to protect themselves", the same way I love Hi-Point's CEO's personal beliefs. I wouldn't really say I'm building "budget guns", more so guns that I know I'll like from the start and not have to worry about changing out parts, buy once/cry once. PSA also has a fantastic warranty for if they have an issue, my buddy bought one back in 2015 and in 2016, after heavy use, found the handguard get a bit loose, PSA told him to ship it to them so they can fix it, and it seemed like they just sent him a brand new upper. Customer Service is big factor into companies I support, PSA and Hi-point have great CS, and I know Hi-point gets a lot of jokes their way, but for what they are built for, (inexpensive guns just to have something to protect yourself no matter your income), they are fine and don't deserve all the hate they get, cause they aren't trying to be a perfect pistol.

And there you have it.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers

But but but you won't be able to sell them to some sentimental Fudd for more than you paid.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    A post ban era colt will not grow in value. Like the post 86 Winchesters. It should hold, like any quality factory rifle and will increase if a grandfather ban comes on again, but everything will appreciate at a similar rate. The investment ar's in current production are going to be the guns that are in video games. Like guns that were popular in westerns were to previous generations, and preban ar's to another generation. You want to invest in a current production rifle search for the popular guns in call of duty then keep them in a box.

First time I met Churchmouse years ago, his boys helped me unload my truck, cause that’s how they were raised. One says to the other, “I didn’t think these were real. I thought they were just on Call of Duty.

Colt is just a minimum.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First time I met Churchmouse years ago, his boys helped me unload my truck, cause that’s how they were raised. One says to the other, “I didn’t think these were real. I thought they were just on Call of Duty.

Colt is just a minimum.

A day that will live in memory.

Top Bottom