Candidates for the best REAL pocket gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    With the long hang time of presentation needed one might Just run from the scene than feel around your nut sack for a pea shooter. It’s Indiana. Carry substantial, Carry Secure, carry proud, and most of all Carry with a skill set. So called pocket guns are an ability driven option so be careful not to blow a hole in your Hart, Schafner and Marx. IMHO

Why are you throwing shade here Jim? Based on the post, you have never pocket carried or if you did, you did it wrong. Dissing a carry method that you have no experience with using only imagination and conjecture serves little purpose.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Why are you throwing shade here Jim? Based on the post, you have never pocket carried or if you did, you did it wrong. Dissing a carry method that you have no experience with using only imagination and conjecture serves little purpose.

No I am not dissing this carry method. Not sure how you got that I have no experience with PC. I would be more than happy to compare at the range. But I am qualifying it by advising the pocket pistol dude to have the skill set to do it. I have seen some very dangerous situations here. Will be glad to demonstrate at the range. Henceforth, the Ability Driven Part.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    No I am not dissing this carry method. Not sure how you got that I have no experience with PC. I would be more than happy to compare at the range. But I am qualifying it by advising the pocket pistol dude to have the skill set to do it. I have seen some very dangerous situations here. Will be glad to demonstrate at the range. Henceforth, the Ability Driven Part.
    And yet, I've seen faster pocket draw because the hand can already be on the pistol. Just because you aren't great at it doesn't mean it's the same for anyone else. I remember when people complained about the speed of appendix carry, because they weren't trained or practiced on it.
    Besides, wouldn't a gun in the pocket be better than not carrying?
    As for carrying a full sized because it's legal, why don't you carry a rifle then? Because pistols suck for self defense and rifles are way better, so, since size isn't the issue I'd expect you to carry at least a version of the M4.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    And yet, I've seen faster pocket draw because the hand can already be on the pistol. Just because you aren't great at it doesn't mean it's the same for anyone else. I remember when people complained about the speed of appendix carry, because they weren't trained or practiced on it.
    Besides, wouldn't a gun in the pocket be better than not carrying?
    As for carrying a full sized because it's legal, why don't you carry a rifle then? Because pistols suck for self defense and rifles are way better, so, since size isn't the issue I'd expect you to carry at least a version of the M4.

I accept your challenge that i am no good at pocket carrying my LC9s. Second are you missing the part about ability driven. Some may be the best in the world at pocket carry presentations, but then again, the last thing I support is the casual gun owner playing around in his pocket with a loaded gun before he has mastered marksmanship. Thirdly, pocket pistol is like a .380. Better than nothing. Fourth, I would carry a rifle if it were socially acceptable today. If our society would accept it, you would see my Guide Gun leaned up in the corner by my favorite table at the IHOP. Fifth, I don't even want to debate the idea that all presentations of a pocket gun can and will begin with your hand on the gun. And Lastly, Like some others on here that feel somehow I am attacking a sacred virtue of personal gun habits that the gun owner worships, then all I ask is lets stop blowing wind and test them side by each and study the results.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Depends on the pants/pockets. I'm sure a bobbed/concealed hammer airweight J frame has been mentioned here plenty of times already. I carried a S & W 642 like that LOTS of times. If your pants are pretty baggy/pockets deep, you can do something like a GLOCK 43 with a one or two shot magazine extension. That's about the absolute upper limit in terms of weight and size that I am willing to attempt to pocket carry, and do so from time-to-time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I would think that pretty much all carry would be ability driven. Don’t do what you don’t practice. Assuming that pocket carry involves a loose gun in the pocket of an untrained shooter would be akin to saying that appendix carry isn’t safe because of people sticking unholstered guns in their belt will blow their nuts off.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I would think that pretty much all carry would be ability driven. DonÂ’t do what you donÂ’t practice. Assuming that pocket carry involves a loose gun in the pocket of an untrained shooter would be akin to saying that appendix carry isnÂ’t safe because of people sticking unholstered guns in their belt will blow their nuts off.

Sorry sir but it is just not the case. I am not trying to be a smarty pants here and to keep the OP thread on the rail, I favor the LC9s for PC. In my career of competition, training and running clubs I can attest that there are many CGO carrying on the street that have NOT proven themselves or their equipment. For instance, just last week at the club, I had to play medic (keep a kit in my truck) because a young man had all the latest stuff. WML along with ghost trigger, ports, grip tape, latest appendix Kydex, cool skull drawn on striker cover, the works. Seems he was going to set a few drills and practice with his carry rig. Good Idea. With an improper hold he commenced to rip his left proximal phalanges (thumb)wide open. He had been carrying it for 2 years. Next, had to recover a abandoned pocket gun left in the crapper by a well know shooter. We find many guns left at the range. Then there is the case of the homemade gunsmith really happy about his 1 1/2 # trigger. He has been limping forever since 1975. Or the security guard that spent every duty round on his person and hit nothing but cars in the parking lot. If only he had 350 more rounds and the time to hit Mr. Bad Guy. I am also sure that somewhere the last words of the CCW as he bleeds out will be..."couldn't find the dot". And last..."but it ain't loaded". Please do mistake me for not approving of many of the methods or equipment that we have today. A few on here have taken offense to the testing and evaluation that must be the backbone of their choices. They would just rather argue. I have seen some of these dudes shoot and of course sometimes it is harder to rethink the methods and get better. I am for however, the education, the hard work, the practice, the competition and the many rounds it takes to achieve the level of the ability driven talent that one should achieve before endorsing something they see on you tube or a video game or in these threads. We have many great shooters here in Indiana and I am blessed to shoot with many of them, but there are many that could up their game if you will. For those of us committed to being a student of the gun, the Hoarders and market conditions often make this hard for the new shooter to get guns, ammo and components.

Again, I am always willing to meet at the range and compare evaluations of equipment. Good Luck to All.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Sorry sir but it is just not the case. I am not trying to be a smarty pants here and to keep the OP thread on the rail, I favor the LC9s for PC. In my career of competition, training and running clubs I can attest that there are many CGO carrying on the street that have NOT proven themselves or their equipment. For instance, just last week at the club, I had to play medic (keep a kit in my truck) because a young man had all the latest stuff. WML along with ghost trigger, ports, grip tape, latest appendix Kydex, cool skull drawn on striker cover, the works. Seems he was going to set a few drills and practice with his carry rig. Good Idea. With an improper hold he commenced to rip his left proximal phalanges (thumb)wide open. He had been carrying it for 2 years. Next, had to recover a abandoned pocket gun left in the crapper by a well know shooter. We find many guns left at the range. Then there is the case of the homemade gunsmith really happy about his 1 1/2 # trigger. He has been limping forever since 1975. Or the security guard that spent every duty round on his person and hit nothing but cars in the parking lot. If only he had 350 more rounds and the time to hit Mr. Bad Guy. I am also sure that somewhere the last words of the CCW as he bleeds out will be..."couldn't find the dot". And last..."but it ain't loaded". Please do mistake me for not approving of many of the methods or equipment that we have today. A few on here have taken offense to the testing and evaluation that must be the backbone of their choices. They would just rather argue. I have seen some of these dudes shoot and of course sometimes it is harder to rethink the methods and get better. I am for however, the education, the hard work, the practice, the competition and the many rounds it takes to achieve the level of the ability driven talent that one should achieve before endorsing something they see on you tube or a video game or in these threads. We have many great shooters here in Indiana and I am blessed to shoot with many of them, but there are many that could up their game if you will. For those of us committed to being a student of the gun, the Hoarders and market conditions often make this hard for the new shooter to get guns, ammo and components.

Again, I am always willing to meet at the range and compare evaluations of equipment. Good Luck to All.

Not one word of what you just wrote contradicts 88E30M50's post that you quoted.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had an older nickel Taurus 85 that I pocket carried for years, until a stumbled across a S&W 360 J-Frame .38 revolver...
    Light-weight, .38 caliber, accurate, and I could install a tritium front sight into the exchangeable front sight groove.
    The Taurus is in the box...and the S&W 360J is the role of the 'pocket carry' revolver nowadays!

Top Bottom