• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not a big fan of the celebration before knowing if Newman is ok or not. I for one would love to see them hold back on that till after knowing if he's ok or not

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not a big fan of the celebration before knowing if Newman is ok or not. I for one would love to see them hold back on that till after knowing if he's ok or not

Yeah, that kinda bugged me too. But it's clear that Ryan is on everyone's mind in the post race stuff.

ETA: I meant Ryan Newman, not Ryan Blaney, although Blaney was clearly shaken up about it.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I didn’t like it either, but I don’t think Denny knew how bad it really was.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I like Denny but it pissed me off to see him doing his victory spins and fist pumps.
    i can’t believe they don’t wait to make sure everybody’s ok, then party all you want.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I could be reading more into what was actually there, but Jeff G. seemed pretty shaken at the very end of the broadcast. I wonder if he and Mike Joy knew more than what they told the audience. What a sick feeling.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I could be reading more into what was actually there, but Jeff G. seemed pretty shaken at the very end of the broadcast. I wonder if he and Mike Joy knew more than what they told the audience. What a sick feeling.
    That’s what I just told my wife.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    If he was somewhat ok, I believe they would have said something or shown the extradition.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I didn’t like it either, but I don’t think Denny knew how bad it really was.

They had to know that he wasn't even removed from his car yet. Surrounded by 30-40 emergency workers and ambulances. Word gets a round quick enough in the pits, and he was parked on pit road several minutes before the Donuts started. Not a fan, not a fan at all

Prayers that Newman is ok. That's about all I got right now

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    [FONT=&amp]Joe Kepner
    @JKepnerWFTV

[/FONT]"A stretcher is next to Newman’s car. Crews are using black screens to keep fans from seeing. And media has just been told to leave the pits. "

I have a very bad feeling right now. Prayers for Ryan.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    He got hit in the window on the driver's side. I can't believe the car didn't explode the way fuel was pouring out and flames present. If he was awake, they took all of his air away and filled him with that chemical in the extinguishers. I know, lesser of two evils, but man that would have been darn near impossible to breath in.

Top Bottom