• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Cant wait for the race any longer, gotta get to the show. Betting they run tomorrow.

Just looked at radar for down there. Yeah, there's no way they're running tonight. Pretty good sized storm heading directly there right now

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I kind of like the race being divided. But it becomes a chase for pit stops. Make the first one a caution flag for tire wear okay, but let the next one just go on and race. Then a little more pit strategy will happen at the end. Second thing, this is supposed to be stock car racing. Put some wipers and tires on these cars and lets race!!!!!!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ive always been curious about your 2nd point. If F1 can race in the rain why cant "stock" cars do the same? But it is NASCAR and they only turn right 2 times a year so .... Guess kinda racing is still racing... kinda.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ive always been curious about your 2nd point. If F1 can race in the rain why cant "stock" cars do the same? But it is NASCAR and they only turn right 2 times a year so .... Guess kinda racing is still racing... kinda.

I have seen them use rain tires and wipers at one of the road courses... Watkins Glen maybe? I agree they should have the option at every track.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have seen them use rain tires and wipers at one of the road courses... Watkins Glen maybe? I agree they should have the option at every track.

Never work. F-1 is not running terminal velocity 100% of the time. They are up and down the gear box how many times per lap. Depends on the course but never balls out from the green. Rain tires are only so good and sticking a 3500 flying brick in a full throttle corner is not one of the plusses.
    The fans will not be in the stands for a downpour. Some yes. Most no.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never work. F-1 is not running terminal velocity 100% of the time. They are up and down the gear box how many times per lap. Depends on the course but never balls out from the green. Rain tires are only so good and sticking a 3500 flying brick in a full throttle corner is not one of the plusses.
    The fans will not be in the stands for a downpour. Some yes. Most no.

I thought it might be something like that, which is why I've only seen them on a road course. Makes sense. Now maybe on one of the short tracks they could get by with it, but not on the super speedways like Daytona or Talladega for sure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I guess a rain race won't be "terminal velocity". More on driving skills through traffic and weather. Oh well.

Racing on an oval is just that......a full on terminal velocity thing. The cars are set up for this.

Road course is a different set of skills. 2 completely different things.

Oh well.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Have a hard time faulting Logano on that. Had one hell of a run going and lifting at this stage of the race really isn't an option. Keselowski wasn't even mad about it

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Have a hard time faulting Logano on that. Had one hell of a run going and lifting at this stage of the race really isn't an option. Keselowski wasn't even mad about it
    I agree to an extent. I think it was Harvick that said a few years back “you can’t detach your head and lay it on the floorboard no matter what lap it is”.

Top Bottom