Biden Popularity, part II (because part I was so fun)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Replace them... Replace them...? Replace them...???

You're making this too difficult darnit!

I don't want to replace them, I just want to make them go away. This was the problem with the republicans voting to replace the ACA, (aka. Obamacare.) They shouldn't have tried to replace it with squat. They should have just said, "As of Jan 1st, 20xx the ACA is no longer law." BOOM! Done. But no... They had to try to replace. Look where that got 'em.

Okay, how about we make them all go away and then just draw lots? It would be nice to get some teachers, truck drivers, electricians, plumbers, unemployed gal, anyone that isn't a politician. Maybe a real high school principal could write better educational laws than lawyers? (No disrespect to the lawyers out here.) Maybe a real truck driver could overhaul the DOT? Or how about an accountant to fix the budget?

Every "election" day would be like Christmas! We wouldn't know who we're going to get and it would be either a pleasant or painful surprise every year - just like the real Christmas. Either you get a new set of socks (bad) or a new M1911 (good)!

Could ya' live with that?:stickpoke:

Kind Regards,

Doug

A foreign friend of mine has consistently said that he thinks a lottery system would be the way to go for our form of government.

And I don't really see how that would be any worse. You'd need very short term limits otherwise this would start defeating the purpose, like a 1 year term.

Could still have party based elections, who ever registers under the party is eligible for the lottery in the event their party wins election. I'd also recommend that it is compulsory service, like jury duty.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A foreign friend of mine has consistently said that he thinks a lottery system would be the way to go for our form of government.

And I don't really see how that would be any worse. You'd need very short term limits otherwise this would start defeating the purpose, like a 1 year term.

Could still have party based elections, who ever registers under the party is eligible for the lottery in the event their party wins election. I'd also recommend that it is compulsory service, like jury duty.
    The ancient Athenians tried this as a remedy for corruption. It was an unmitigated disaster.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Doug it seems I backed you into a corner.
    I truly believe they have lost most if not all relevance. We have way to damned many laws as it is so what are these supposed law makers doing......Spending millions of our money going after trump as he cut the gravy lines.

It is one huge steaming pile of not so happy horse :poop:.

My initial response was generally snarky and cynical.

My response to your question wasn't the best nor well thought out. It was also cynical and tongue-in-cheek.

You are 100% correct that we have too many laws. The problem is that there are problems.:n00b: Seriously. Somebody has a problem they want fixed, they go to government to fix it, the government goober wants to please their constituent so they come up with the idea for a law they want that will fix the problem. Few, if any, will say to the constituent, "I'm not here to fix your damn problem. YOU fix it." They know they wouldn't get reelected. So we get more and more laws to fix problems, some of which may no longer even exist.

Now where I WAS serious was to get people who actually do the work to write re-write the laws. Get about 20 truck drivers in the room, some long haul truckers, some local, and so on. Let them throw out EVERY DOT rule and start from scratch to keep our roads safe. There would be rules, but they would be simplified and much easier to meet and do paperwork on. Then pass a simple rule that you cannot add to or take away from these regulations for ten (10) years. That would keep idiots from fidgeting with it every year or so depending upon who gets elected, or some new perceived "problem."

If we were to move away from career politicians and toward people who really work with the products where the rubber meets the road I DO believe our laws would reduce by number, simplify by wording, and be easier to comply with and enforce.

What I want will NEVER happen. Ever.:coffee:

So I come back to the cynical, tongue-in-cheek desire for the "Deleted" button.:(

Regards,

Doug

PS - I missed a special date, so a belated and heartfelt Happy Birthday my dear Sir. May all of your days be filled with joy and elation!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My initial response was generally snarky and cynical.

My response to your question wasn't the best nor well thought out. It was also cynical and tongue-in-cheek.

You are 100% correct that we have too many laws. The problem is that there are problems.:n00b: Seriously. Somebody has a problem they want fixed, they go to government to fix it, the government goober wants to please their constituent so they come up with the idea for a law they want that will fix the problem. Few, if any, will say to the constituent, "I'm not here to fix your damn problem. YOU fix it." They know they wouldn't get reelected. So we get more and more laws to fix problems, some of which may no longer even exist.

Now where I WAS serious was to get people who actually do the work to write re-write the laws. Get about 20 truck drivers in the room, some long haul truckers, some local, and so on. Let them throw out EVERY DOT rule and start from scratch to keep our roads safe. There would be rules, but they would be simplified and much easier to meet and do paperwork on. Then pass a simple rule that you cannot add to or take away from these regulations for ten (10) years. That would keep idiots from fidgeting with it every year or so depending upon who gets elected, or some new perceived "problem."

If we were to move away from career politicians and toward people who really work with the products where the rubber meets the road I DO believe our laws would reduce by number, simplify by wording, and be easier to comply with and enforce.

What I want will NEVER happen. Ever.:coffee:

So I come back to the cynical, tongue-in-cheek desire for the "Deleted" button.:(

Regards,

Doug

PS - I missed a special date, so a belated and heartfelt Happy Birthday my dear Sir. May all of your days be filled with joy and elation!
    They have to overcomplicate the wording so they can pile it on when they want yo and screw you over with no recourse unless you lay out the legal fees.
    Just like the Tax codes.

Like I said it is a hot steamy pile of horse :poop:

Thanks Doug. Those special days are becoming fewer as we move down this path.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So the RCP aggregator has Biden down to +11. It'll be interesting to see how low it drops as he does his "victory tour" with the COVID "relief" bill. I suspect (and hope) that people are figuring out the math doesn't really add up to $1.9T in COVID relief. Credit to the establishment GOP for playing actual politics again.

Rasmussen remains fascinating, though. They have Biden at +6, which is higher than it was before. So while the aggregate is trending down, they're trending up. For whatever reason, they remain contrarian under Biden.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am amazed that anyone that is a big enough 2A supporter to be here actually puts any trust into what the mockingbird deep state media report.

They published that they were not going to cover the election, Trump, and Biden fairly before the election and people still believe them...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So the RCP aggregator has Biden down to +11. It'll be interesting to see how low it drops as he does his "victory tour" with the COVID "relief" bill. I suspect (and hope) that people are figuring out the math doesn't really add up to $1.9T in COVID relief. Credit to the establishment GOP for playing actual politics again.

Rasmussen remains fascinating, though. They have Biden at +6, which is higher than it was before. So while the aggregate is trending down, they're trending up. For whatever reason, they remain contrarian under Biden.
    From inauguration to 15 March 2017, Trump's numbers actually improved slightly (a bit more than 1%)

Xiden's numbers for the comparable period declined considerably (over 40%) :cool:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lets also look at some of the most egregious examples of polling propping up Xidens average over at RCP

Politico/Morning Consult shows him +28 on presidential approval

Via Pew:
    "Around a third of registered voters in the U.S. (34%) identify as independents, while 33% identify as Democrats and 29% identify as Republicans, according to a Center analysis of Americans’ partisan identification based on surveys of more than 12,000 registered voters in 2018 and 2019."

Via page 341 of the referenced poll, sample was made up of 514 independents, 861 democrats and 618 republicans for an N=1993

That is
    25.8% independents, 43.2% democrats and 31% republicans

Democrats are over represented by 22.4% and independents are under represented by 29%, so very biased sample selection. Same sort of things done to keep Trump's approval ratings down are done to prop Xiden up

Funny how the 'arrow of fraud' also only points one way

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lets also look at some of the most egregious examples of polling propping up Xidens average over at RCP

Politico/Morning Consult shows him +28 on presidential approval

Via Pew:
    "Around a third of registered voters in the U.S. (34%) identify as independents, while 33% identify as Democrats and 29% identify as Republicans, according to a Center analysis of Americans’ partisan identification based on surveys of more than 12,000 registered voters in 2018 and 2019."

Via page 341 of the referenced poll, sample was made up of 514 independents, 861 democrats and 618 republicans for an N=1993

That is
    25.8% independents, 43.2% democrats and 31% republicans

Democrats are over represented by 22.4% and independents are under represented by 29%, so very biased sample selection. Same sort of things done to keep Trump's approval ratings down are done to prop Xiden up

Funny how the 'arrow of fraud' also only points one way
    The press is cooking the books for their guy. Wow! Never would have thought of that.

The sheep never look at the internals, just the headline spoon fed by social media...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Biden Job Approval narrowing down to +10, but that doesn't include polling after his press conference. Which, if we're being honest, probably won't change anything.

Rasmussen has him at -3. That's Trump territory. ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Biden Job Approval narrowing down to +10, but that doesn't include polling after his press conference. Which, if we're being honest, probably won't change anything.

Rasmussen has him at -3. That's Trump territory. ;)
    For me, he's dropped way down with this anti-filibusterer rhetoric; you can't be a uniter and say that a simple majority (i.e. just his party) is good enough.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For me, he's dropped way down with this anti-filibusterer rhetoric; you can't be a uniter and say that a simple majority (i.e. just his party) is good enough.
    I also think the anti-gun thing is a trap for the Dems. Most (at least a majority of) Americans at this point have voted with their gun locks and are generally pro-2A. Especially with the unease of the last couple years, there's very much a feeling of lack of personal safety. We also recognize that crazy people do horrible things.

Maybe this is my own confirmation bias, but a boy can dream.

Top Bottom