• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is painfully obvious that I don’t have the kind of gloves it takes to be outside in this kind of weather for more than about 5 minutes.

What’s INGO’s recommended glove for 0F temps? I’m thinking ones for light work (like shoveling snow, etc.)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm trying to figure out how to make this political (since it's in the Gen Pol forum). :):

But to your question, when I was younger and doing winter camping, I always like a pair of jersey gloves as a liner for leather welding gloves. Hands always stayed warm and I could reach into the fire and rearrange flaming logs with my hands.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But I vote for libertarian gloves, they are more aligned with my beliefs and I sleep better wearing them…
    Okay. let's go there. GFGT can just complain that his conversation about gloves got politicized. :lmfao:

Libertarian gloves would be liberating. So I would think that would mean they would be quite useful in the cold. But possibly made of materials banned in California.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I thought I was set but yesterday proved me wrong. After some YouTube videos and looking at reviews I ordered a pair of “outdoor research” mittens. Some guy ski’d on Antarctica with them. So I figured they should be able to handle the next insane cold. I look forward to getting them next week when it’s 50 outside. I also wear glove inserts and hot hands inside.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Mittens.

Army surplus, Outdoor Research, Patagonia, Cabelas, whatever. Mittens are the superior warmth option, by a lot. Make sure the thumb is not too tight, compression is bad for insulation effectiveness.

There are some solid heated units on the market as well. I have several ActionHeat products and they are quite nice.

Remember, insulation keeps things cold as well. Put cold hands into the best insulated mittens and it will still take a while to warm up.

My favorite setup is a thin, tight weave wool glove with heated mittens. Take the mitten off for tasks requiring dexterity, slide back on and crank the heat to warm my frozen phalanges when the task is done.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I like the fully dipped gloves for wet stuff. Oddly enough, I just shoveled in some regular gloves, didn't touch anything wet, and my gloves are hanging on the chair to dry. There must be some political reason for this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Okay. let's go there. GFGT can just complain that his conversation about gloves got politicized. :lmfao:

Libertarian gloves would be liberating. So I would think that would mean they would be quite useful in the cold. But possibly made of materials banned in California.
    Libertarian gloves don’t really want to handle things they‘re only good for telling all the other gloves how statist they are.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Find whatever gloves Democrats or Todd Young wears. And then buy something else.

Does that make it belong is this subforum now?

On the contrary, though I would never normally trust a Democrat's judgement on any issue, I think they may be on to something, concerning whichever brand of glove they choose.
    I have never seen a Democrat's ability to reach into my pocket, and deftly extract cash, diminished even slightly by extreme cold, or heat, for that matter. So their gloves obviously keep their digits at a year-round comfortable temperature.
    As for flexibility and suppleness, Democrat's nimbleness at excising my property, and the fruits of my labor, are at an all time high, so their gloves offer no impediment to swift motion.
    Usefullness for labor is right in keeping with the Democratic view of work, and proper division of duties. These gloves offer them the ease of movement to easily point out a job for someone else to do, then point a finger at the person doing it and complain that the work is not up to their (nonexistent) standards, and that the laborer is not paying "their fair share" of bribes, kickbacks, and taxes. Then they point at the sky, and (mockingly) say "God only knows how I will remain on my perch of luxury, with only the tribute of such unskilled and unimaginative serfs to steady me there".

Yeah, so....all in all, I'd say this is one thing the Demo's may have right.

Top Bottom