Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That's because there are places still caught up in all this BS. I don't know of any medical establishments that aren't still forcing patients to wear masks... :xmad:
    IU West wasn't - at least, they didn't for my dad, or any of his visitors, once in his room. Outside the patient room, masks were required; but not inside the patient room.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Last time I went to my Doctor's office, in April, I put my mask around my chin in the treatment room. When he was ready, my Doc knocked on the door and started to come in, but stopped when he saw me. He wouldn't come into the room until I brought the mask back up. Maybe things have changed since then... :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I remember some of the studies that came out during the pandemic said that cloth masks have no statistically significant impact on spreading covid. Surgical masks were said to have something like up to 11% reduction in spreading covid. N95 masks were said to be something like up to 37% reduction. Properly wearing it had a large impact on those numbers. Basically, if you have a beard, forget it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I remember some of the studies that came out during the pandemic said that cloth masks have no statistically significant impact on spreading covid. Surgical masks were said to have something like up to 11% reduction in spreading covid. N95 masks were said to be something like up to 37% reduction. Properly wearing it had a large impact on those numbers. Basically, if you have a beard, forget it.
    And those were probably in contrived studies, under ideal conditions, etc. Real world data certainly doesn’t support this. The differences between areas that had mask mandates and those that didn’t often showed masked mandated areas had slightly worse outcomes. One chart I saw where a guy compared parts of Germany that mandated N95s to other parts of Germany that didn’t showed no advantage at all.

They may make a difference in theory but they don’t in real world practice. Why doctors keep supporting and mandating this crap has dampened my impression of much of that field.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last time I went to my Doctor's office, in April, I put my mask around my chin in the treatment room. When he was ready, my Doc knocked on the door and started to come in, but stopped when he saw me. He wouldn't come into the room until I brought the mask back up. Maybe things have changed since then... :rolleyes:
    I’d read where in a typical sized room, it takes something like only 10-15 minutes for a person shedding a virus to “flood” the room with virus particles. Since your mask was never intended to prevent you From sucking in a virus (at least that was a part of the mask mantra), your doctor was potentially walking into a cloud of virus and possibly to his doom.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And those were probably in contrived studies, under ideal conditions, etc. Real world data certainly doesn’t support this. The differences between areas that had mask mandates and those that didn’t often showed masked mandated areas had slightly worse outcomes. One chart I saw where a guy compared parts of Germany that mandated N95s to other parts of Germany that didn’t showed no advantage at all.

They may make a difference in theory but they don’t in real world practice. Why doctors keep supporting and mandating this crap has dampened my impression of much of that field.
    I think the study in Bangladesh was one of them that came to similar numbers. It was criticized by the mask nazis because it was the first major study that put a dent in the faith in masks. It certainly doesn't support mask mandates, or support the idea that people who weren't masking were somehow perpetuating the pandemic.

As soon as we found out that covid had animal reservoirs, any hope of getting to zero covid went out the window. All such fantasies should have ceased right then.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As soon as we found out that covid had animal reservoirs, any hope of getting to zero covid went out the window. All such fantasies should have ceased right then.
    You’d have thought. Instead, you have pictures of Chinese authorities killing off cats and dogs. I would have thought those would have made heads explode but I think mine was the only one.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Within the first two minutes the phrase "Genocide against children", by Dr. Ryan Cole. I've watched half of it and Dr. Cole is calm, intelligent and laymans term extremely informative. Give it 10 minutes and you'll want to hear more...I hope.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Australia now has reported the equivalent of about 125,000 American Covid deaths, and the vast majority have happened this year.

That figure is still far lower than the United States’s total, of course. But for the first time since Covid began, Australia now has significantly more daily deaths than the United States on a per-capita basis.

And the widespread boosters have made no difference. New South Wales reported on Thursday that 82 of the 98 people who died of Covid in the week ending May 28 were vaccinated, including 64 who had received at least one booster.

Maybe even more stunning, of 41 people admitted to intensive care units, only two were known to be unvaccinated. (The status of 11 other patients was unknown. In the United States, all would simply be valled unvaccinated. Despite its authoritarianism, Australia is much more honest in its reporting than the Centers for Disease Control.)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd like to see a reasonable explanation for the overall math vs the supplied statistics that show unvaccinated people are more likely to die than vaccinated people by a lot. Some reports say 20 times more likely. The narrative changed from, "vaccinated people don't get or spread covid" to "well, vaccinated people are far less likely to die from covid". But we have so many vaccinated people dying. That math just doesn't seem to add up to anywhere near 20 times more likely.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'd like to see a reasonable explanation for the overall math vs the supplied statistics that show unvaccinated people are more likely to die than vaccinated people by a lot. Some reports say 20 times more likely. The narrative changed from, "vaccinated people don't get or spread covid" to "well, vaccinated people are far less likely to die from covid". But we have so many vaccinated people dying. That math just doesn't seem to add up to anywhere near 20 times more likely.

It seems to me that everyone is affected differently from this virus and that isn't taken into account. It seems like that plays into who lives and dies more so than the jab.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The math is complex and unknowable by regular people. It is the calculus of politicians and people holding jobs appointed by politicians. I don’t know how it was figured but I have a pretty good idea of what the solution is to the equation: We’ve invested so much political capital into our covid response, we cannot now admit we’ve been wrong this entire time, about everything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom