Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Uuum, what?

Alec Baldwin 'Rust' set shooting ruled an accident by medical investigator as actor's lawyer hits back at FBI

"The FBI report is being misconstrued," Nikas added. "The gun fired in testing only one time — without having to pull the trigger — when the hammer was pulled back and the gun broke in two different places. The FBI was unable to fire the gun in any prior test, even when pulling the trigger, because it was in such poor condition."

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

Uuum, what?

Alec Baldwin 'Rust' set shooting ruled an accident by medical investigator as actor's lawyer hits back at FBI

"The FBI report is being misconstrued," Nikas added. "The gun fired in testing only one time — without having to pull the trigger — when the hammer was pulled back and the gun broke in two different places. The FBI was unable to fire the gun in any prior test, even when pulling the trigger, because it was in such poor condition."

The dude doesn't either doesn't understand what the report said or doesn't care to admit that he understands. The only way they could get the thing to fire without the trigger being pulled was when they finally broke the thing from beating on it, trying to to get it to go off without a trigger pull.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Ugh. Sit me on that jury and I'd go for negligent homicide. None of the other predetermined factors matter to me. He was handed a loaded gun and failed to check it or keep it pointed away from unintended targets. Malfunctions, previous custody, what day of the week it is are all irrelevant. As soon as you take possession of a firearm what is does is on you.

No, I am not a fan of Mr. Baldwin. I think he's a hypocrite and a bloviating windbag content to sit and wag his finger at the rest of us, while being too good to follow simple rules.

If this were you or I we'd be fighting charges.

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    And now he's suing several crew members! The guy is off his rocker. Any normal citizen would have already been arrested. For what it's worth the "armorer" who is a very young inexperienced young woman, was clearly incompetent too.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Does any "reason" actually matter? The gun was in his hand, it went off, someone got killed. Was there homicidal intent? Probably not. Was there negligence? Obviously so. A crime was most definitely committed. Alec is directly responsible for killing someone. As far as the production crew's culpability, having live rounds on the set, loading live rounds in a gun used for a scene and giving the actor "Safe Gun" assurance are all obviously negligent actions on the part of the crew members. Seems as if the only arguable issue(s) are the level of crime and severity of penalty for every crew member involved.

Top Bottom