• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatpat451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Does any "reason" actually matter? The gun was in his hand, it went off, someone got killed. Was there homicidal intent? Probably not. Was there negligence? Obviously so. A crime was most definitely committed. Alec is directly responsible for killing someone. As far as the production crew's culpability, having live rounds on the set, loading live rounds in a gun used for a scene and giving the actor "Safe Gun" assurance are all obviously negligent actions on the part of the crew members. Seems as if the only arguable issue(s) are the level of crime and severity of penalty for every crew member involved.
    I totally agree, because of their negligence someone died and the issue is to what degree of accountability and punishment.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Does any "reason" actually matter? The gun was in his hand, it went off, someone got killed. Was there homicidal intent? Probably not. Was there negligence? Obviously so. A crime was most definitely committed. Alec is directly responsible for killing someone. As far as the production crew's culpability, having live rounds on the set, loading live rounds in a gun used for a scene and giving the actor "Safe Gun" assurance are all obviously negligent actions on the part of the crew members. Seems as if the only arguable issue(s) are the level of crime and severity of penalty for every crew member involved.
    Reason matters a lot. People do not generally get convicted of accidents. The family should sue the pants off of the lot of them, but there should be some actual criminal intent to pursue criminal charges.

It will be interesting to see what they do down there.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Reason matters a lot. People do not generally get convicted of accidents. The family should sue the pants off of the lot of them, but there should be some actual criminal intent to pursue criminal charges.

How does a drunk driver then be charged with murder? His mental and physical faculties are impaired, but did he have the intent of killing an innocent person?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Four Rules, not just for the range, but for life. Or, to avoid a Life sentence.

"Eet ain't low-dead" is never an optimal defense and merely an admission to the mens rea necessary for Reckless Homicide or Manslaughter. If only someone on INGO had spoken out against Cowboyism/Inshallahism attacking the Four Rules.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    "The movie's armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who was in charge of weapons on the movie set, is also expected to be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter over the shooting. The flick's assistant director, Dave Halls, has signed a plea agreement for the charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon."

Interesting that the assistand director has already signed a plea deal. I assume he's the guy they think will bury the other 2, Baldwin and the Armorer, with his testimony.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wonder if he’ll stick with the Bart Simpson defense, I didn’t do it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Me reading multiple "iT wAsN't HiS jOb" comments on social media:

thumb_you-ever-read-something-so-stupid-it-gives-you-porest-53700459.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I disagree.
    There's the whole 'involuntary manslaughter' thing.

If a builder substitutes inferior building materials, and skips some steps on building a bridge over a river, and because of that the bridge collapses and people die... he did NOT intend to do harm. But his actions could (and did) lead to injury/death.

Drawing a gun on someone, pointing, and pulling a trigger.. could (and did) lead to injury/death.
    He could have checked the gun, the ammo, had people go through the check with him, or asked for a non firing replica.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    "The movie's armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who was in charge of weapons on the movie set, is also expected to be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter over the shooting. The flick's assistant director, Dave Halls, has signed a plea agreement for the charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon."

Interesting that the assistand director has already signed a plea deal. I assume he's the guy they think will bury the other 2, Baldwin and the Armorer, with his testimony.
    The Armorer probably had some sort of insurance and Baldwin plenty of money.
    There were a room full of witnesses that can testify of exactly what happened between the AD and Baldwin. Every movie protocol says the AD should never touch the gun, he had nothing at all he could have said in his defense. It is very possible that there were no witnesses of what transpired between the Armorer and the AD, the armorer may say that she didn't even know that he was taking it but if the Armorer was on the same radio channel as the AD then there would have been quite a few witnesses as to what was said on the radio.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    He'll plea deal, cut a check and continue *****ing about guns. I was taught that he who pulls the trigger is responsible for where the round goes. Obviously many people were involved in this so, while there may be culpability for others, the charge against Baldork is appropriate. I don't like Baldork's politics (or most of his acting) but I doubt he had any intent to actually shoot anyone. However, he did shoot someone - to death. In my thinking it would have been a travesty had he not been charged with something. As to his penalty, some professional embarrassment, accepts a plea deal, writes a check(s), continues to claim guns are evil and continues to exhibit poor acting in crappy movies.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Why are they both being charged with TWO counts of involuntarily manslaughter?
    I thought there was only one fatality.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Why are they both being charged with TWO counts of involuntarily manslaughter?
    I thought there was only one fatality.
    Looks like the prosecution gets to present both charges to the jury (if it gets that far), and the jury gets to decide which version of involuntary manslaughter to convict them of (if either).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guy behind the lady who was killed was hit by the bullet passthrough. Was hospitalized. Not sure if the second person is the second charge?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Looks like the prosecution gets to present both charges to the jury (if it gets that far), and the jury gets to decide which version of involuntary manslaughter to convict them of (if either).
    I have the opinion prosecutors should have to pick the charge(s) and then prove it. They shouldn't be allowed to throw charges against a wall and see what sticks.

Top Bottom