• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Guy behind the lady who was killed was hit by the bullet passthrough. Was hospitalized. Not sure if the second person is the second charge?
    IDK, it seems to me that in some cases there should be a law: "Failure to act as a responsible adult!" It should be listed in the same area as "Failure to do right!"

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Looks like the prosecution gets to present both charges to the jury (if it gets that far), and the jury gets to decide which version of involuntary manslaughter to convict them of (if either).
    This is exactly what's going on.

In her statement, Carmack-Altwies said Baldwin and Gutierrez-Reed will be “charged in the alternative” with the two counts of manslaughter, “meaning that a jury would decide not simply if they were guilty, but under which definition of involuntary manslaughter they were guilty.”

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My guess is that Baldwin will get a lesser sentence than the armorer. I really see her part in this more as something that will end up in civil court.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    When you have a “professional gunny” paid to wrangle the arms for safety on the set and a gun imbecile who doesn’t even make a casual gun owner status shooting his director and then all of them not owning up to it and trying to wiggle out of it (something that is real common these days) real justice is as rare as an honest politician.

There will be no real justice here.

Only attorneys getting a payday and prosecutors working for a future.

I have pointed out mistakes in video and print many times of bad examples of gun handling by gun owners of all makes and sizes. I even have witnessed big name training companies, master class shooters, distributors, gun clerks, and others mishandle guns.

So again , who are the professionals? Long resumes of fighting over seas, or working a beat for 35 years, 2A attorneys, talk show hosts or animal logo training camps?

Until the industry is ready to put themselves through a thorough eval, grand kids of gun legends can call themselves qualified.

The beat goes on.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Yeah, but he’s also got “I didn’t pull the trigger.”

That’s an ace in the hole if I ever saw one.
    :ugh:
    Typical liberal lack of personal responsibility. “Its not my fault!” We all know the problem is the guns! People don’t kill people, guns do!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the same thing happened to one of use at say a range. Would we be arrested for a crime.
    Did you point a gun at a person? Did you pull the trigger? Did it fire? Did it kill the person? Depending on the laws, yes you would be arrested for a crime. Often negligence that results in a death is a crime.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Reason matters a lot. People do not generally get convicted of accidents. The family should sue the pants off of the lot of them, but there should be some actual criminal intent to pursue criminal charges.

It will be interesting to see what they do down there.
    There’s the kind of accident where it’s not a crime. But if you helped bring about the conditions that made the thing way more likely to end tragically, that doesn’t need a motive. But it does need a reason. The reason here is the dumbass pointed a gun that he did not know the status of at another person and pulled the trigger. It fired. She’s dead. If manslaughter includes gross negligence, he’s guilty. Lock the prick up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I disagree.
    There's the whole 'involuntary manslaughter' thing.

If a builder substitutes inferior building materials, and skips some steps on building a bridge over a river, and because of that the bridge collapses and people die... he did NOT intend to do harm. But his actions could (and did) lead to injury/death.

Drawing a gun on someone, pointing, and pulling a trigger.. could (and did) lead to injury/death.
    He could have checked the gun, the ammo, had people go through the check with him, or asked for a non firing replica.
    That is not an accident. There was intent to ignore laws and codes which led to the outcome.

How does a drunk driver then be charged with murder? His mental and physical faculties are impaired, but did he have the intent of killing an innocent person?
    Also not an accident. The person killed would have been while committing another crime.

Also from what I can find extremely rare and hard to prosecute.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I borrow a friends car and get into an accident and kill someone. The friend says the car should have stopped better since the breaks were recently looked at and appeared good. When I was driving the breaks did not work and the poor person I hit had died.

I am so glad I can blame my friend for the accident and I get off. It's his car and his responsibility to make sure the car I drove was working properly.

Top Bottom