• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've seen regulators pursue companies like it was some sort of personal crusade in the chemical business, maybe that's what happening here. At the end of the day it can just be two people not getting along.
    What gets me is, from what I've heard, two (TWO!!) babies got sick (or died?) from some tainted formula allegedly tied to that facility, so the FDA shut them down. While I don't mean to discount the lives of those two babies, how many thousands people had adverse reactions up to and including death from the Covid vaccines? FDA is silent on that issue. No Pfizer, Moderna or J&J plants were shut down.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Pick any one of the grand priests/priestesses of the lefitst cultocracy and you have an example of a hate filled petulant child that will do anything to be a nuisance at best, even destructive and murderous. They have no real values, they just want to burn down everything in opposition.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What gets me is, from what I've heard, two (TWO!!) babies got sick (or died?) from some tainted formula allegedly tied to that facility, so the FDA shut them down. While I don't mean to discount the lives of those two babies, how many thousands people had adverse reactions up to and including death from the Covid vaccines? FDA is silent on that issue. No Pfizer, Moderna or J&J plants were shut down.

Somebody may have made exactly this argument to a regulator and got an explosive reaction from them. I don't know how lucrative the baby food business is to Abbot, but the usual endgame of these feuds in the chemical industry is moving the business offshore and closing the facility.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nothing to see here.

1652392395954.jpeg

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    I can offer a rather inside view on this particular issue:

1) Yes, if you kill a baby with formula you get shut down until you can prove you didn’t do it. The several babies that were killed (I’m using very specific language) and dozens of others that were sickened were all caused by a very specific bacteria that happens in milk formulas. EB does not make adults sick but kills babies. Once Abbot was shut down and their products pulled, formula availability by over 20%. If you have EB in your facility it means you have bigger problems
    2) baby formula is treated like pharmaceuticals. EVERY ingredient is an active ingredient and must go through a rigorous proving and validation process. Due to supply chain problems manf are having a difficult time sourcing their ingredients. If they get a different supplier it must be approved by FDA. This takes months. A stability study is at least 6 months and a rat protein study takes months.
    3) if the maker is using sunflower oil they are screwed. 90% of sunflower oil comes from the Ukr. If their formula (almost all do) uses sunflower oil, then they need to reformulate and get FDA approval. Which takes up to 18 months.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can offer a rather inside view on this particular issue:

1) Yes, if you kill a baby with formula you get shut down until you can prove you didn’t do it. The several babies that were killed (I’m using very specific language) and dozens of others that were sickened were all caused by a very specific bacteria that happens in milk formulas. EB does not make adults sick but kills babies. Once Abbot was shut down and their products pulled, formula availability by over 20%. If you have EB in your facility it means you have bigger problems
    2) baby formula is treated like pharmaceuticals. EVERY ingredient is an active ingredient and must go through a rigorous proving and validation process. Due to supply chain problems manf are having a difficult time sourcing their ingredients. If they get a different supplier it must be approved by FDA. This takes months. A stability study is at least 6 months and a rat protein study takes months.
    3) if the maker is using sunflower oil they are screwed. 90% of sunflower oil comes from the Ukr. If their formula (almost all do) uses sunflower oil, then they need to reformulate and get FDA approval. Which takes up to 18 months.
    It is already clear the formula is being treated differently that the vaccine.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That facility is the largest detention center on the southern border.

If we want illegal immigrants detained, not just allowed to walk across the border unfettered, we do kinda have to feed them, and their babies, while in custody. Don't we?
    That attitude is, unfortunately, why they're crossing by the hundreds of thousands. They know they'll be taken care of because of humanitarian impulse. If we stopped providing for them, they would eventually stop coming. Eventually.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That attitude is, unfortunately, why they're crossing by the hundreds of thousands. They know they'll be taken care of because of humanitarian impulse. If we stopped providing for them, they would eventually stop coming. Eventually.

There’s a big difference between being humane while they are in our custody and providing aid after they’ve entered the country. The first I agree with, the second I don’t.

Our root problem is a porous border, and an economy that will employ them.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    There’s a big difference between being humane while they are in our custody and providing aid after they’ve entered the country. The first I agree with, the second I don’t.

Our root problem is a porous border, and an economy that will employ them.
    I don't agree that they should ever enter our "custody", or that we have a duty to service them if they do.

The process of apprehending and sending them home should not take long enough for thirst or hunger to become a problem. You should be walking off the plane back in Honduras or wherever before you get thirsty.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That facility is the largest detention center on the southern border.

If we want illegal immigrants detained, not just allowed to walk across the border unfettered, we do kinda have to feed them, and their babies, while in custody. Don't we?

Why should they walk across?

Why should they be in "our custody"?

Who is "we"?

If you would like to support them with your own material, time, and treasure you are free to do so.

Please do not plunder your neighbors' to do so.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Our daughter had a baby 7/4/2021 and had issues with breast milk. They have been buying a goat milk based formula from Europe since about 3 weeks to the tune of $300.00 a month. The little guy is on some solid food now and about half rations of milk.

I thought that was kinda extreme, but maybe smart now. She has ordered enough to supply his needs until entirely in solids, best she can figure.

Here’s a picture of the handsome dude and the Grouch. (They just caught me between smiles, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!) 0B363370-DD71-460C-A7F9-C6B0191C177C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here’s a picture of the handsome dude and the Grouch. (They just caught me between smiles, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!)
    You have a "stern" look (me too, and I got it from Dad). When I was growing up, my friends that would come over would ask me what my dad was mad about. I'd tell them "Oh he's not mad. He always looks like that." :):

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Didn't read the entire thread, but in another format, someone said you can order through amazon from Canada and have it shipped directly to your door. They said no shortage up there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have no doubt those in charge of this administration have a "plan". A plan most of us don't like one little bit.

But please explain how this baby formula shortage advances that plan. I'm dying to know.
    I have seen ink that formula is still being provided to border detainees

Perhaps the plan is to disguise where the formula is going so that safety can be blamed and not the actual cause, which is coddling of illegals

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our daughter had a baby 7/4/2021 and had issues with breast milk. They have been buying a goat milk based formula from Europe since about 3 weeks to the tune of $300.00 a month. The little guy is on some solid food now and about half rations of milk.

I thought that was kinda extreme, but maybe smart now. She has ordered enough to supply his needs until entirely in solids, best she can figure.

Here’s a picture of the handsome dude and the Grouch. (They just caught me between smiles, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!) View attachment 200126
    I took the liberty to insert the pic full size as we all need to enjoy it.

Priceless.

Top Bottom