d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Or, here’s a crazy idea, just use real breast milk from the mother, like we have for thousands of years.
    Its not that simple for some. A couple examples come to mind. 1) Those who adopt. 2) Some women don't produce enough milk and can become more an issue where twins, triplets, etc. comes into play

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Its not that simple for some. A couple examples come to mind. 1) Those who adopt. 2) Some women don't produce enough milk and can become more an issue where twins, triplets, etc. comes into play
    #2 and twins.... Was emotionally devastating for my wife.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And dont get me started on .gov's heavy hand at regulating milk donation. Even going out of their way to stop (if not at least STRONGLY discourage) more informal, Libertarian minded groups willing to trust in each other. Ive seen groups of moms try to come together to donate milk and officials do their best to try to shut them down. (they cant really, but they try to bully them into submission)

My wife was a lactivist and volunteer with the La Leche League for years. What I've seen from the sidelines will boggle the mind.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    Nothing short of a complete economic and social collapse is the end goal! The great reset, The NWO can only come about after a total collapse! This is a well organized smash and grab robbery, it is multi faceted with 1 end result! Then around 2030 a New World Order will emerge saving what’s left of Humanity but demanding a total subservient allegiance to them. Or this could be a bunch of random acts carried out by a bunch of greedy idiots who have no clue what the hell they are doing or how to fix it, but not willing to let go of their perceived minuscule amount of power and step aside and let someone who can fix it at the helm! Either way sheeit is going to get much worst before it ends!

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Some newborns are either Allergic or do not get proper nutrients from Breast Milk ...

I know because it happened to me - Skin looked like fish scales until they put me on Formula ( this was 65 years ago )

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You might have hit the nail on the head.

Now the fda is going to allow for imported formula. Few years from now all the American formula manufacturers will be saying “it’s just not economically feasible to make it in America”.

Just like the democrats did with every other industry in the 90’s.

Making America helpless has always been the democratic agenda.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    View attachment 200512

Saw this over on TGT. Just noticed it is at a Meijer.
    Anyone know how much formula WIC benefits allow?
    Per a rando neighbor on the internet:

"I did an internship with WIC many years ago. It was a set number of cans per month based on child’s age and if mom is also breastfeeding.
    This could have changed since that time though."

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Or, here’s a crazy idea, just use real breast milk from the mother, like we have for thousands of years.
    I would agree, but I am the exception.
    I was born in the late 1950's and I don't think they had quite the same choices as today.
    That said, I rejected my mother's milk on day one.
    I rejected every formula they tried.
    Late on day 3, desperate for me to keep ANYTHING down, the doctor started me on whole cows milk.
    I've been addicted to whole milk since.
    Cannot stomach skim or 2% crap.
    Whole milk or nothing.

I know, I'm weird.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Per a rando neighbor on the internet:

"I did an internship with WIC many years ago. It was a set number of cans per month based on child’s age and if mom is also breastfeeding.
    This could have changed since that time though."
    It's still that way, although they define it by ounces not cans. About halfway down the page is formula/baby food. They get a voucher for a specific amount, if they don't get the maximum amount they lose it. So if the limit for the store is 4 cans, and the voucher is good for let's say 8 cans by oz, they wouldn't be able to get half their allowance.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Except the sign posted above (post 108), if real, exempts them from the 4 can limit
    Yep. And what I posted is most likely the reason for the exemption. The voucher's aren't like let's say the old food stamps, where they could either give you back already used stamps to make "change" or in some cases just actual cash as change. Like someone using a $20 value stamp for $5 of groceries, the store could give them $15 in already used stamps back. It's get the full amount or lose it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yep. And what I posted is most likely the reason for the exemption. The voucher's aren't like let's say the old food stamps, where they could either give you back already used stamps to make "change" or in some cases just actual cash as change. Like someone using a $20 value stamp for $5 of groceries, the store could give them $15 in already used stamps back. It's get the full amount or lose it.
    I got ya

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Except the sign posted above (post 108), if real, exempts them from the 4 can limit
    This. Is. B:poop:

So The family working their butts off has to travel and try to find formula, but the poor mom sitting at home can just walk in and get as much as she is entitled to.

There should be no exception. No matter how you are paying.

EDIT: and another lady said her preemie was eligible for up to 6-7 cans a month through WIC.

Top Bottom