• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Installed an Armaspec Fulcrum ambi safety in the Colt.

_DSC0741.jpg _DSC0742.jpg
    Very smooth operation. Comfortable levers. I'm diggin' it and the GF loves it compared to the V7 ambi that was installed.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Decided to go big (but simple) with my first AR-15 build. I kept everything LMT, but basically made a slightly upgraded version of their MARS-L Piston rifle. It has the Shovelnose MRP upper with a 16” barrel, but barrel swaps take about 2 minutes with this upper. It can also be converted to DI with a barrel and BCG swap.
    The LMT QD Rebar Cutter will be the muzzle device (it also serves as a muzzle brake) and just fits over the standard A2 birdcage. It’s still on the way.

BF274005-8897-42B6-A64E-2DCE267B2770.jpeg

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Latest 2 ready for weekend. Maybe be last of AR-15s for long time with exception of M16A1 from H&R/PSA/JJE as birthday gun in October.

Top: Colt M6920, Enhanced Patrol Rifle, CTR stock, MOE grip, Radian Ambi CH, Magpul Pro BUIS, BCM PNT trigger, Manta rail covers and PA 3X Microprism

Bottom: Colt M6920SOCOMM4gery, CTR stock, MOE grip, older PRI (found in parts bin) CH, BCM PNT trigger, ditch KAC rails (nephew wanted) so older double shield fore end, Matech BUIS, with PA MD25 red dot.

Attachments

• 20230517_182522.jpg
      20230517_182522.jpg
      692 KB · Views: 24
    Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Latest 2 ready for weekend. Maybe be last of AR-15s for long time with exception of M16A1 from H&R/PSA/JJE as birthday gun in October.

Top: Colt M6920, Enhanced Patrol Rifle, CTR stock, MOE grip, Radian Ambi CH, Magpul Pro BUIS, BCM PNT trigger, Manta rail covers and PA 3X Microprism

Bottom: Colt M6920SOCOMM4gery, CTR stock, MOE grip, older PRI (found in parts bin) CH, BCM PNT trigger, ditch KAC rails (nephew wanted) so older double shield fore end, Matech BUIS, with PA MD25 red dot.
    I just ordered an H&R gun yesterday I’ll let you know what I think of it,

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    The last two orders I've placed with Wing Tactical, they shipped the wrong part.
    Somebody at Wing is apparently putting the wrong merch sticker on parts then shipping them.
    Last time I deal with Wing, ever.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    She doesn't care for the "saw toothed" edge of the V7s either.
    Lots of people are saying that online in reviews - and it's odd because V7 is really good about smoothing out pretty much everything they ca.

Like I get having the edges so it's super easy to actuate but they could have done the exact same design but smoothed out the edges rather make them as sharp as they did...

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Lots of people are saying that online in reviews - and it's odd because V7 is really good about smoothing out pretty much everything they ca.

Like I get having the edges so it's super easy to actuate but they could have done the exact same design but smoothed out the edges rather make them as sharp as they did...
    They (the V7 ambi safety) are a bit aggressive in their tactile surface.
    Switching to FIRE with my thumb doesn't bother me but setting to SAFE with my index finger first knuckle initially took some getting used to- Like guitar players having to build callouses on their finger tips before they can avoid the pain of playing.

So many of the other manufacturers' selectors are not tactile enough for me to get a good throw.
    That causes me to apply so much pressure to ensure activation that it becomes irritating.

Top Bottom