• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    My Palmetto State H&R Commando lower came in today. Took my Colt upper apart cleaned everything up gave everything a nice clean coat of Norrell's moly resin Colt grey black... added a new set of handguards that I got from an Ingo'er- thanks 223Gunner- everything back together and function tested for tomorrow's inaugural trip at my son's bachelor party range day.

20230407_180106.jpg

20230407_180123.jpg

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    My Palmetto State H&R Commando lower came in today. Took my Colt upper apart cleaned everything up gave everything a nice clean coat of Norrell's moly resin Colt grey black... added a new set of handguards that I got from an Ingo'er- thanks 223Gunner- everything back together and function tested for tomorrow's inaugural trip at my son's bachelor party range day.

View attachment 268453

View attachment 268454
    That turned out great

bashMOH

Hawaiian Pizza
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Daviess county

View attachment 268453

View attachment 268454
    If I got an AR, it would be a newer style one. But these more classic looking builds definitely look cooler, imo.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    If I got an AR, it would be a newer style one. But these more classic looking builds definitely look cooler, imo.
    I have all of the modern sexy ARS. Short barrel rifles, suppressed, acogs, IR lasers for the nvg but I'm going to tell you the truth that the Retro plain style AR-15s with iron sights are so much fun to shoot that sometimes I forget about the other ones

bashMOH

Hawaiian Pizza
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Daviess county
    I have all of the modern sexy ARS. Short barrel rifles, suppressed, acogs, IR lasers for the nvg but I'm going to tell you the truth that the Retro plain style AR-15s with iron sights are so much fun to shoot that sometimes I forget about the other ones
    In my heart, I'd want a mini-14 or something along those lines. Always loved the WW2 m1 look, but my current budget doesn't allow for toys :spend:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

View attachment 268453

View attachment 268454
    What barrel is that? Repro Moderator ? I love this style AR and the Air Force GAUs. I need a lower like that, or a Colt M4, for a Colt upper but man they are hard to find. Beautiful job

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    What barrel is that? Repro Moderator ? I love this style AR and the Air Force GAUs. I need a lower like that, or a Colt M4, for a Colt upper but man they are hard to find. Beautiful job

It is a Colt upper receiver that I got off of ARFCOM. 16 in pencil barrel with the slick side upper, the moderator is from Sherluk, is really just a flash hider that slips over the barrel so it's still a 16 inch barrel but with the slip over flash hider it gives that appearance of a gau5 upper. The buttstock is a Aces essential car buttstock, two position with a Plastisol Powder coat has same appearance as original vinyl acetate but is more durable, on an aluminum buttstock just like the original. It is very well made.

Slipover moderator bottom of page.

I disassembled the upper and then I put the upper, lower, flat slip ring and charging handle through a acetone bath to get rid of any oils and grease, then after warming up the parts to about a hundred degrees I shot the Norrell's moly resin on it and then put them in the oven at 300° for 1 hour.

PSA has just about everything you need to build one...if they can just keep up with the demand.

Last edited:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Who makes that handguard?
    Well, I'd like to tell you, but I can't remember. It's is a Chineseum one I bought back in '19 or '20 when you couldn't hardly find any parts. It is actually really nice. Fit and finish are great. It did come from China and actually got here really fast. When I bought it it was on a California based site (which should have tipped me off). Either way, it is nice and it will do well on a hunting build.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    6.5 Grendel build on a KE Arms KP15 / SLT1 lower with an ACME Machine (Fort Wayne) upper. Ballistic Advantage fluted SS barrel and ToolCraft Type II nitrided BCG. Magpul VFG, VTAC sling, and a spare scope I had sitting around (4-14X44). It has an INGO dust cover installed now, just to finish it off.

PXL_20230406_203657166.jpg

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Is that the ergo straight grip?

I wish they made one that wasn't the 'deluxe' fat size. I'd like to try one but already know the deluxe is too fat for me.
    It is the ERGO TDX-0. They are a very thick grip. Palm swell especially.
    I wear a large glove size and don't have issue with the thickness of it.

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I did some trigger pull tests on the ARs today.
    Results are 5 pull averages with a Lyman digital pull gauge.
    Aero Precision M4 E1 w/ Geissele SSP trigger- 2 lb 2 oz
    Colt LE6920 w/ Geissele SSA trigger- 4 lb 4.2 oz
    Noveske Gen 3 Shorty w/ Geissele B-GRF trigger- 2 lb 6.1 oz
    Springfield Saint w/ Geissele B-GRF trigger- 2 lb 8.1 oz

4_ARs_black_out- grass-labelled.jpg
    NOTE: the AR pistols have been disassembled while I wait out the legal wrangling over ATF overreach.

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    Go aero! Show that petty Colt whos boss.
    LOL That's right! I did manage to squeeze out slightly better groups with the Aero.
    I had changed muzzle devices on both guns since last zeroing the scopes.
    Had to re-adjust each a little bit.
    More shooting time coming up. Still want to get both of them dialed in better.

Last edited:

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    I replaced the Geissele SSA trigger in the Colt with a Geissele SSP.
    The SSP specs at 3 - 3.75 lb pull weight.
    This install averaged (out of 5 pulls) 1 lb 10.6 oz.
    Bizarre to be so much lighter than spec.

I double checked the install. Install is good to go.
    I tested it 2 more times, both with results very similar to the initial test.
    Don't want to breath too heavy near that trigger!

Top Bottom