Anybody checking out/joining American Contingency with Mike Glover?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I get being lists as being overblown ("I don't want to join the NRA because...") but FWIW I think AMCON might get extra scrutiny as "right wing militia led by a former green beret".

My question is what real benefit comes with joining? I've looked at the home page and under "intel" and what little there was, was picked from open source media. Is there some special access to anything--info, classes--for members that makes officially joining worthwhile?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I get being lists as being overblown ("I don't want to join the NRA because...") but FWIW I think AMCON might get extra scrutiny as "right wing militia led by a former green beret".

My question is what real benefit comes with joining? I've looked at the home page and under "intel" and what little there was, was picked from open source media. Is there some special access to anything--info, classes--for members that makes officially joining worthwhile?
    I believe Mike delivered a message that resonated with a lot of people.
    It may be just another internet group, I don’t know how it will turn out.
    I guess I’m willing to take the risk, after listening to some of what Mike has to say.
    There is a lot more ‘intel’ on Locals than on the webpage, but it has slowed down with the rioting being less up front in the news.

I understand the default assumption is “right wing militia” but Mike and others have made it very clear that it is neither of those. The leadership would like for it to be apolitical, although freedom generally and gun rights specifically are so obviously in jeopardy with the left in charge that’s it’s easy to make the assumption that the group is right wing. Mike has made it clear he is fairly centrist, maybe even left leaning in a more normal time.
    I am under the impression that you could be kicked out of the “club” for promoting “right wing militia” ideas.
    Of course this could just be all talk to keep people off his back, but I personally don’t think that at this point.
    We shall see.
    If I go missing because I’m on this list I’ll let you all know.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I'd recommend reading "Gun Control in the Third Reich". When the wrong folks get their hands on the data there will be no little fish left alone.

Anybody who thinks that just hosting a different open platform is going to keep them safe is just kidding themselves. The 'vetting' and extra information given will all be used. Mr. Glover should know this if he stayed awake in his OPSEC classes.
    Man, that’s a lot of fish.
    I don’t disagree with you necessarily, but it’s a lot of fish, and hopefully by the time that comes we’ll be standing up for/with each other. I’m hoping this is just another tool to help with that organization.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I believe Mike delivered a message that resonated with a lot of people.
    It may be just another internet group, I don’t know how it will turn out.
    I guess I’m willing to take the risk, after listening to some of what Mike has to say.
    There is a lot more ‘intel’ on Locals than on the webpage, but it has slowed down with the rioting being less up front in the news.

I understand the default assumption is “right wing militia” but Mike and others have made it very clear that it is neither of those. The leadership would like for it to be apolitical, although freedom generally and gun rights specifically are so obviously in jeopardy with the left in charge that’s it’s easy to make the assumption that the group is right wing. Mike has made it clear he is fairly centrist, maybe even left leaning in a more normal time.
    I am under the impression that you could be kicked out of the “club” for promoting “right wing militia” ideas.
    Of course this could just be all talk to keep people off his back, but I personally don’t think that at this point.
    We shall see.
    If I go missing because I’m on this list I’ll let you all know.
    I agree with your opinion of Mike Glover. Maybe I should have used 'purple' instead of quotation marks. Of course none of that will matter to the leftists. If he's not kowtowing to their party-line then that's "proof" he really is a "right wing, eurasian-white-supremacist, terrorist militia leader".

Thanks for letting us know that there's more offered than what's on the home page

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    I see they've started pulling down their social media so it looks like most information will be through their website. It's unfortunate. Is anyone supporting the website financially? I know it's only $5 bucks a month, but is their enough information on the site to justify? I know it's subjective, just looking for opinions.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I see they've started pulling down their social media so it looks like most information will be through their website. It's unfortunate. Is anyone supporting the website financially? I know it's only $5 bucks a month, but is their enough information on the site to justify? I know it's subjective, just looking for opinions.

I do support the site. There is some video content available behind the pay wall and Mike has talked about posting free training information from his company Field Craft Survival, that will only be available to paid subscribers.

I also don't think you can comment on posts without being a supporter. Or there may be some that are public and some that aren't. I'm not really sure.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

The information he provided on YouTube was top notch. YouTube and the other platforms are basically de-platforming/de-monitizing him and his company. So, any free content that is already out there will be harder to find.

He's already offered free training a couple of times.

AmCon is just starting out, and experiencing teething pains with the "vetting" process. Time will tell. $5 a month is worth it to see where it goes. Will revisit that decision in a couple months.

For instance: the premium podcast (#4) from Friday is an interview with Mike Shelby, CEO of https://forwardobserver.com/

Content videos:

Situational Awareness
    Tourniquet How-To
    Stop the Bleed How-To
    Why everyone should carry a truck gun
    Self defense around your vehicle
    Home defense
    Every day carry for Kids
    Amber on Choking
    EDC and Situational Awareness

Last edited:

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    I love Field Craft and Survival/ Mike Glover. Honestly some of his videos freak me out. Only because the things he says are not far off from possibility. Certainly make me want to move out into the woods an fortify lol.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    When it comes to "lists,' I get a chuckle and am reminded of a scene from the TV show "Colony," where at the outset of the invasion, one of the main protagonists (a military BA dude,) grabs his gear and goes to the local VFW. All the vets and pipehitters are there and jocking up, thinking that it's a conventional attack. Our protagonist doesn't like the feel of it and bounces. As he's walking across the street, a massive missile/space weapon vaporizes the VFW (Press F for respects).

Meh, I'm on lists already. Pile of empty brass and all that...

So, for $h!t$ and giggles, I signed up, to see if the intel adds to anything else I'm already getting. For those on there, the username is the same, hit me up. Also - Will I get an email for the vetting process?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    When it comes to "lists,' I get a chuckle and am reminded of a scene from the TV show "Colony," where at the outset of the invasion, one of the main protagonists (a military BA dude,) grabs his gear and goes to the local VFW. All the vets and pipehitters are there and jocking up, thinking that it's a conventional attack. Our protagonist doesn't like the feel of it and bounces. As he's walking across the street, a massive missile/space weapon vaporizes the VFW (Press F for respects).

Meh, I'm on lists already. Pile of empty brass and all that...

So, for $h!t$ and giggles, I signed up, to see if the intel adds to anything else I'm already getting. For those on there, the username is the same, hit me up. Also - Will I get an email for the vetting process?
    Look for the post "vetting:background check link". I'm only on the locals app and it's the fourth post down (for now). Should be a link in there, you submit your email to them then they hit you back with more link/instructions.
    As far as intel goes, I'm kinda 'meh'. I can't really stand watching videos all the time, when the info could be delivered wrtitten or podcast. 90% of time I'm literally mobile on mobile and lucky to even be able to just listen to something, no way I'm watching a guy sit there and talk. But he's still getting my 5 bucks. We'll see.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Look for the post "vetting:background check link". I'm only on the locals app and it's the fourth post down (for now). Should be a link in there, you submit your email to them then they hit you back with more link/instructions.
    As far as intel goes, I'm kinda 'meh'. I can't really stand watching videos all the time, when the info could be delivered wrtitten or podcast. 90% of time I'm literally mobile on mobile and lucky to even be able to just listen to something, no way I'm watching a guy sit there and talk. But he's still getting my 5 bucks. We'll see.

Thanks Ditch. I saw that but it wasn’t super clear.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    forwardobserver.com looks like a source of solid intel&analysis. The question in my mind is how personally useful it is. I'm guessing it's probably either regional or covers major situations. For the cost of subscription, I can get a cheap baofang and just scan PD dispatcher freqs

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    forwardobserver.com looks like a source of solid intel&analysis. The question in my mind is how personally useful it is. I'm guessing it's probably either regional or covers major situations. For the cost of subscription, I can get a cheap baofang and just scan PD dispatcher freqs

I’m a subscriber. It isn’t super useful, in my opinion. It IS very interesting and well-written. I’ll pay the $20/month just for the interesting information I get out of it. Ultimately, it’s just speculation though. They do seem to have insider knowledge on far-left chat groups and plans. However, it’s all just idle threats that may not materialize.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Sounds a lot like info I get through work emails without having to pay a fee for it.

If there was a ton of other stuff on AmCon, I might fork over the $5. I don't care for the layout. If it was more of a forum like this one I'd be more likely to join, but it just seems to be one long stream of running messages.

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    If there was a ton of other stuff on AmCon, I might fork over the $5. I don't care for the layout. If it was more of a forum like this one I'd be more likely to join, but it just seems to be one long stream of running messages.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Maybe if they could combine AmCon with the Fieldcraft Survival site and then organize it into subject matter forums.

Top Bottom