Anybody checking out/joining American Contingency with Mike Glover?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Hey Everyone - Just a simple shoutout for American Contingency. I have read every post in this thread and I think pretty much every comment, complaint, or concern is/was absolutely valid.

Since it's not likely anyone in this thread knows me, this doesn't have much pull other than I am a Hoosier and believe that INGO has many of the right type of people to make AmCon pretty darn awesome.

Mike Glover's most recent podcast on his Mike Force podcast is titled Lybia. Most of the podcast actually relates to AmCon and the more detailed AmCon stuff starts at about 30 minutes in...

Locals, the platform that hosted AmCon, ended up being a challenge and that was mentioned in previous posts. It also helped because it resulted in a purge of many tin foil hats and people that were a little over the top. Locals is a thing of the past for AmCon, as AmCon has moved on...

The latest version https://members.americancontingency.com/ runs really well and is growing very slowly, which happens to be to its advantage.

The common theme about AmCon has been to help get more people around us to be more self prepared. Also, even though AmCon is national, the results of AmCon are to really help with a small local group. Creating prepared people will very likely create a better world around us.

Maybe give it another shot! Hope to see you over there.

Last edited:

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    The site is wordpress, and looks non-active?

The site from a national point of view has movement, but not a lot. They are very much taking the slow growth is good growth mindset. The first round, a year ago, was wild-fire and certain types came out of the woodwork. I am guessing they are glad many of those have stayed away or quiet in this latest version.

So -- is there anyone still doing this? Care to share the details on here or PM me?

How about some quick thoughts...
    • I stopped by and brought this thread back up because I think there are INGO people in this thread with great information to offer. AmCon is about simply being your own first responder, and more self sufficient.

• AmCon is on the ground floor. There are maybe ~40 people in the Indiana group and less than 5 of those are active. It's truly at the foundation level right now. Some people like being there when the foundation is setting and some want to show up after the fact. That is a decision for each type of person.

• I think most people reading this either are or believe they are most of the way up the ladder of preparedness. I think AmCon is a place where knowledge can be shared and people who are at the top of the ladder can help get new people that haven't even taken their first step.

• The average home doesn't even match the government recommendations for supplies, and that makes me want to help guide others. I think AmCon helps with this because preparedness is often a local topic. The idea of prepared in Indiana does not match Florida. Climates, types of severe weather, food types and supply chains differ a lot, and having local people to chat with certainly helps.
    • People are there and lurking. Preppers are the worst people in the world at meeting other like minded people. I just think it is funny so I mention it. Some of them will go away and hopefully some of them will start to contribute.

• I look at it as a place where people should be able to talk and ask questions and not feel like they need to 'Google' every detail. Maybe I'm dreaming of an older way of life where conversations happened...
    • There is no doubt it has potential, but my opinion is defined by me and I can only hope others share the same thoughts. I like the idea of building my local network of people. Mike Glover has talked about small local networks of ~10 to 12 people and I think that is really awesome.
    • People who are showing up hopeful to find a militia are walking away sad. There are plenty of other groups if that is someone's goal.

• I think many people are showing up asking 'what can Mike Glover or American Contingency do for me?' and really that isn't what it is about. I think Mike messed up a year ago when people expected a lot more content from Mike. The reality is the skillset people want to see from Mike only makes up a small fraction of a more prepared lifestyle. Much of the rest is better shared at a more local level.

• I've likely bored you by this point. Thanks for reading.
    Hope people will consider.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Ive watched most of his videos on the American contingency and i definitely agree with him. I think he is a very solid and sound man. Haven't joined the group

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Ive watched most of his videos on the American contingency and i definitely agree with him. I think he is a very solid and sound man. Haven't joined the group

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    This is right up my alley and it’s the first I’ve seen of it...I’m going to dig a little deeper and see if it’s a good fit for me.

Things are slow at the moment. I’d be happy to chat with anyone that wants to know anything AmCon.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Well, I went, and checked it out. Looked like a pretty cool group, and $5 a month ain't hard to swallow, so I signed up.
    Started going through the steps and you get to a part where you have to be "vetted" Maybe it's harmless, and they just don't want any liberal idiots in... Maybe I'm a bit overly cautious, but I don't like putting my Soc Sec number, Driver Lic number, and stuff like that on things online, so I canceled... Guess I'll stick to forums, and youtube videos...

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Well, I went, and checked it out. Looked like a pretty cool group, and $5 a month ain't hard to swallow, so I signed up.
    Started going through the steps and you get to a part where you have to be "vetted" Maybe it's harmless, and they just don't want any liberal idiots in... Maybe I'm a bit overly cautious, but I don't like putting my Soc Sec number, Driver Lic number, and stuff like that on things online, so I canceled... Guess I'll stick to forums, and youtube videos...
    You don’t have to be vetted. That’s a personal choice. There could be segments in the future that require it, but as of this moment, I’m not sure if any advantages exist for those who aren’t trying to be regional organizers (admins). I could be wrong, I jumped on the bandwagon a year and a half ago or whenever things started kicking off. Speaking for Indiana, maybe 35% aren’t vetted. Also, sadly, currently it’s like 5% participation. Hopeful slow growth is good growth.

Stay warm!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I did the same thing about a year ago. Lots of good video's for my $5 but opted out after receiving constant ads to sell me the latest and greatest expensive merchandise from the web site.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009

I think I just witnessed the biggest stretch for content that Mike Glover has ever made. That was close to home shopping network delivery…. And if that camera person tapped the 1x to 2x zoom on their iPhone a few more times I may have just gone full seasick.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think I just witnessed the biggest stretch for content that Mike Glover has ever made. That was close to home shopping network delivery…. And if that camera person tapped the 1x to 2x zoom on their iPhone a few more times I may have just gone full seasick.

I don't dislike the guy, but it's hard for me to pull much usable info out of his stuff. Especially this one.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    IIRC AMCON got on the naughty list almost as soon as it existed. Well, before this video anyway. The violent militia paper just sent out was more icing on the cake for him than a revelation.

Top Bottom