• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Looking for a low miles Trailhawk version to go with, when things get worse. No deals at present.

Buddy put my old ZJ on FB. What an ordeal. Pulled ad. Rather burn it than sell to those folks.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Facebook... nuff said.
    Yeah, that place is not the best. Too bad. It could be a great place to market stuff. It really brings out the true nature in people. And not in a good way, unfortunately.

I'd like to buy/sell on Marketplace, but man it's probably not worth it.

I have done a few successful transactions.

Though I will look for an air compressor that I need for garage.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    People were rude and stupid and I wasted a weekend waiting for people to show at agreed times.

They want clean leather interior, low miles and no rust, on a 24 yr old GC thats advertised as a beater.

For 1500.

When the tenth rube told me its gotta have AC and clean interior to haul their " grandbabies" in I just hung up.

Also, the ad said TEXT and my cell rang at all hours....calls.

You know why some people havea rough life? Its because theyre stupid.

Low intellect and maybe a less than sophisticated upbringing should not affect manners.

The FB ad results were total you know what.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If I didnt want a Renegade Trailhawk for a toy id build this bomber up.
    But im old and falling apart and am done fighting old stuck bolts and no AC.

Only had the toaster a couple weeks and like it.

Have had a couple CJ, a couple XJ and a couple ZJ. Spent my time freezing and damaging spine. Looks like ill have a couple toasters in the near future :)

Newer is better for me these days.
    Am headed to.Menards for shelving stuff ( garage ).

Taking the bomber ZJ. Handy.

BTW, if I kill a decent turkey this yr I doubt it will fit in tne toaster LOL

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Daystar lift and a little bigger tire when i get a Trailhawk Renegade. Was gonna do it to this Limited, but would like to keep mpg up.

Looking at Falken Wildpeak Trails, since it will be mostly street. Tire rack did testing and found them decent.

225 60r17.

Toyo open country didnt test as well on the road. This rig is gonna be a street machine that gets pulled off rhe road now and then to fish and hunt. Not really gonna wheel it. Just dont want street tires on it.

I have run AT and MT the last 20 yrs.on Jeeps. But this is a toaster, a spaghetti jeep

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I didnt want a Renegade Trailhawk for a toy id build this bomber up.
    But im old and falling apart and am done fighting old stuck bolts and no AC.

Only had the toaster a couple weeks and like it.

Have had a couple CJ, a couple XJ and a couple ZJ. Spent my time freezing and damaging spine. Looks like ill have a couple toasters in the near future :)

Newer is better for me these days.
    Am headed to.Menards for shelving stuff ( garage ).

Taking the bomber ZJ. Handy.

BTW, if I kill a decent turkey this yr I doubt it will fit in tne toaster LOL
    I am in the process of buying a XJ. I'll decide what I'm going to do with it when I see it in person. Either a full blown restoration to factory new condition, rebuild what needs done as I drive it or flip it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    There is a whole bunch of truth in this. I'm not discounting people who just fall on bad times. It happens to a lot of people, it has happened to me. But smart people look inside themselves, pick themselves up and find a way out.
    Been through some crap myself. Its called life and some folks more lucky than others ( doesnt seem fair some times....how some evil and or stupid sail through ).

You just adapt and overcome, which usually means more work and sacrifice.

Definitely not the characteristics of an entitlement mindset.

Work.

Kinda what the old school Jeep brotherhood was. Rugged, simple, but ya worked. And being CJs, w crappy heat in winter and roasting floorboards in summer, some suffering LMAO.

Today the Jeep family has too many genders. Why some man bun dweeb thats never turned a wrench can go out and buy one of them there toaster pieces of crap that aint even made here...

Wait a minute ;)

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had a 90 and an 88 XJ. Both 6 cyl, 242 t case w 3.55 gears ( D35 ).

242s kinda weak, blew 2. D35 aint good either. Smoked one. 3" and 31s and some moderate right foot stuff on and offroad got em.

Definitely reinforce the steering box area. Ol Rob (IFWDA past pres and great guy ) redid mine. Hes been gone a yr or two now.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Used to get parts at the Jeep scrap place in Wabash. Theyve been out kf biz for a long while.

Prices on used axle assemblies and other just too much these days.

Old school low buck wheeling is a thing of the past it seems.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, this one won't see much, if any "wheeling" as they call it now a days. A fire road or a two track would be the extent. And of course any snow storms!

My biggest issue is filling the gap on my tools/equipment inventory. I have all the basic hand tools, but I'd like air tools. And for that I need a compressor. A big one.

But I may justify it by looking back on my life and so many times wishing I had a larger air compressor capable of running a sand blaster, paint gun and air tools. I'm getting too old to want to hand wrench on stuff, lol.

I can always leave it to my son or daughter when I'm done.

Eric94

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2022
    Georgetown
    Yes!
    Got a 06 TJ Rubicon.
    88 Comanche
    The green one was a rental in Ouray, CO.
    Quite the experience. I would highly recommend the trails in the Telluride / Ouray, CO area.

Attachments

• 20210704_210011.jpg
      20210704_210011.jpg
      619.5 KB · Views: 8
    • Screenshot_20200727-202754_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20200727-202754_Gallery.jpg
      237.1 KB · Views: 8
    • 20200813_115510.jpg
      20200813_115510.jpg
      803.3 KB · Views: 8

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Bought some door-off mirrors for the TJ and installed them today. 3 of 4 bolts came out easy, but of course there's always a stubborn one. The TJ won the first round so I had to call in the reinforcements. "Screw-Out" bits to the rescue... 20220326_205326.jpg 20220326_205601.jpg

Top Bottom