• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Finally got my Bestop Sunrider installed Saturday morning. It's been sitting in the box since before Christmas, just waiting for a decent day for me to get it done. Got to flip it back on a nice family drive Sunday. My favorite mod to the Willys so far! The black twill fabric seems like it will hold up to the elements really well.

Fit and finish on this is excellent, it seals up nicely and I think it darned near looks factory.

Attachments

• signal-2022-04-09-11-39-19-122.jpg
      signal-2022-04-09-11-39-19-122.jpg
      295.4 KB · Views: 14
    Last edited:

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    So I'm still wrapping up the lift kit but in the meantime I also built a top and door stand for when I go topless/doorless and it even holds my spare tires (off-road versus street/all-weathers). It's the first version but I'm sure I'll think of a hundred mods for it as soon as I start using it. Hoping to wrap up the Jeep itself this weekend.

Attachments

• 20220521_185143.jpg
      20220521_185143.jpg
      446.8 KB · Views: 20

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Alright Jeepers, can anyone recommend a shop east central Indiana to rebuild/regear the front and rear diffs? Rear diff on my TJ blew the pinion bearing and tore some gear teeth, so needs rebuilt and figured I'd change gears to the much needed 4:10s while I was at it.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Alright Jeepers, can anyone recommend a shop east central Indiana to rebuild/regear the front and rear diffs? Rear diff on my TJ blew the pinion bearing and tore some gear teeth, so needs rebuilt and figured I'd change gears to the much needed 4:10s while I was at it.
    I have a friend who can do this, not sure what his lead time is right now but NE side of Indy if that's in the area you're looking for. PM me for info if interested.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I believe For Fox Sake shop has been mentioned previously in this thread for some of that type of work.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    IMHO if one is going to wheel w bigger tires.....proly need a beefier rear end.

I wouldnt waste money rebuilding a breakage prone one.

If it was just a DD and worn out, yeah rebuild it to save money.
    Agreed, if it was an actual of road rig I would beef it up, including driveshafts. Mine is more of a nice weather cruiser, and winter snow driver than an actual off-road rig. Would like to hit Badlands and Redbird once fixed, but nothing extreme.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I believe For Fox Sake shop has been mentioned previously in this thread for some of that type of work.

Yep, Sean Fox does outstanding work. He did the re-gear on my JL. It was the first JL he did and he did it perfectly. And it has some quirky things different than what he was used to. He could do TJ diffs in his sleep.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    4.10 gears have an even smaller pinion than 3.73. The real solution is a Dana 44, but I'm betting that you don't want to go that route. If you go with 4.10, just don't make a habit of stomping on the gas and you should be fine.

Top Bottom