• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I keep getting farther away from an operational XJ. I knew when I bought it, I would be doing a lot of work but I was hoping I would not have to do quite as much initially, lol.

Up next; intake system rebuild/clean and full exhaust replacement including the cracked manifold.

I may or may not have this on the road by spring. :)

Lpherr

Occupied
    Happy 2023!!! Friend of mine bought a new 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon eco-diesel

It blew up Sept 2022. He’s still waiting on a motor…I’ll stick to my old 2004 inline 4.0…
    All steel…plows thru everything….except
    Gas stations….lol
    I've heard of a lot of problems with the diesel.
    One guy waited for something like a year and a half to get his engine replaced.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    This thread survived longer then I did owning a jeep, for now. I will (hopefully) get back into one. It just might be in another 5-10 years. Needed people space with two kids who might have friends or others in my car like parents. A grand Cherokee l wouldn’t fit in my garage. Current vehicle is a Honda Pilot. At least it is awd.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    Happy 2023!!! Friend of mine bought a new 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon eco-diesel

It blew up Sept 2022. He’s still waiting on a motor…I’ll stick to my old 2004 inline 4.0…
    All steel…plows thru everything….except
    Gas stations….lol
    Years ago, I had an old Cherokee with the 258 CID straight 6. If I had the funds to spend on it, I'd put one in my '14 Wrangler.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Years ago, I had an old Cherokee with the 258 CID straight 6. If I had the funds to spend on it, I'd put one in my '14 Wrangler.
    It would disappoint you. The JK's are heavy. The Pentastar has better power than the 258 from the bottom to the top. Those inline sixes were great in lighter CJ's and YJ's. They can't hang with the Pentastar, though.

What you'd want is the new Hurricane inline 6. That thing is a BEAST.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My fam on the 10th jeep now, started in '87. Think the ol lady is on the hunt for #11, a Compass Trailhawk, why I have no idea. She liked my Renegade and as a 2nd vehicle theyre OK. Way more room in a Cherokee.

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    Mine is from before jeeps were cool!
    a44748139af64fef655106e53670fb2c.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would disappoint you. The JK's are heavy. The Pentastar has better power than the 258 from the bottom to the top. Those inline sixes were great in lighter CJ's and YJ's. They can't hang with the Pentastar, though.

What you'd want is the new Hurricane inline 6. That thing is a BEAST.
    I’m wondering when they’ll be introducing that into the JL/JT’s. 2024? Later this year?

I ordered mine with the 4 cyl “hurricane”. I’d rather have had the 6 cyl hurricane.

I’ve had a bad experience with the Pentastar. Didn’t want the spend the money on the diesel. And I’m not paying $90K for a 392. So that left the 4 cyl. I had driven one before and it didn’t seem to be any more underpowered than the Pentastar. It’s alright.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I’m wondering when they’ll be introducing that into the JL/JT’s. 2024? Later this year?

I ordered mine with the 4 cyl “hurricane”. I’d rather have had the 6 cyl hurricane.

I’ve had a bad experience with the Pentastar. Didn’t want the spend the money on the diesel. And I’m not paying $90K for a 392. So that left the 4 cyl. I had driven one before and it didn’t seem to be any more underpowered than the Pentastar. It’s alright.
    I've driven that little 2.0 turbo and it's surprisingly powerful!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I made some good progress the last couple weeks. I put the intake/exhaust back together and actually drove it! I took it to the muffler shop to have the pipes welded, then drove it later that day to the gym.

So far, so good. Alignment next. Then a tire swap. Then A/C repairs. Put the receiver hitch back on. Clean and paint the driveshafts. Replace the windshield. Fog lights. Tow hooks. Front skid plate.

Just a bit left for now...

Top Bottom