• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I guess I'll throw my story out there...

I have never been anti gun. I grew up hunting with my father and have always loved guns. I got my LTCH at nineteen and let it expire. I didn't really see the need for a permit. I mean, the police are there to protect and serve, right?

Fast forward to three years ago and one of the things that every parent dreads happened to one of my children. I struggled daily with wanting vengeance, but the thing that always came to mind is that I wouldn't do any good for my family if I was sitting in prison.

I still wasn't convinced that I needed to carry until I saw our pathetic excuse for a justice system. And then it hit me. I am the one responsible for protecting my family. The next day, I applied for my permit.

Although there is never a day that I don't wish for a different story, I find comfort in the results. Our family is closer than we have ever been, and every single person in our family realizes that we are responsible for our safety. The only time my wife doesn't carry is when she is with me. My oldest daughter carries 24/7, my second oldest just bought her first gun and is in the process of getting her permit, my 17 year old daughter has picked out her gun and is saving up for her 18th birthday, and my eight year old son has his Nerf guns strategically placed throughout the house.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Fast forward to three years ago and one of the things that every parent dreads happened to one of my children. I struggled daily with wanting vengeance, but the thing that always came to mind is that I wouldn't do any good for my family if I was sitting in prison...

Rookie, I'm really very sorry to hear your story. I wish you had a different reason for getting motivated to protect your family. I'm happy that your family is prepared to make sure it's a story that's not repeated. I'll lift some prayers for you all. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom