• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Found the house and Andy has an AC. The unit says to wait 24h before turning it on but I think he’ll plug it in, in the morning. At least the rain is cooling it off a bit up here. He also should have some extra funds for him and the dog.

Rep.

Wait 24 hours? That sounds weird.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Just wanted to drop in and give a BIG thank you to you guys. Andy has a nice new AC and hes much better off than earlier in the week. Hes using the donated money on some car parts, medicine etc. Thank you all so much.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Hey, just wanted to check in with you guys and give you all an update. Good news and some not so good news.

Good news: I received a decision letter today. I have met the qualifications for a disability annuity. 1st decision.

Not so good news: They decided I became totally disabled in September of 2018. So instead of almost 2 years backpay, I’ll likely receive 4 months of backpay because payments can’t start for six months after the onset. Unfortunately I won’t qualify for Medicaid until September 2020, two years after determined onset of disability. The lawyer I hired on gets 1/3 of my backpay or $6,000 whichever is greater.

So while theres good news and things will will start looking better and I’ll be able to try to rebuild my life. It’s just going to take a little bit longer. Hopefully by this winter I’ll be able to save up to buy a trailer and some furnishings. My biggest relief right now is being able to afford Daisy’s medical needs. She’ll be 10 in September. 9/14/2009 is her birthday! While it’ll be a slow go, at least it’s a go finally. Glass is half full from here on out.

I’ve been absent from the forum and all social media except for twitter, for a long time.

Now that the update is complete, I just want to share my gratitude.

It’s been a long horrible ride. I isolated myself, became depressed, had horrible bouts of pain, and pretty regularly I would be disappointed because I woke up. Without all of your support, there’s no way I could’ve made it to this point. The financial help, kind words, prayers, and overall kindness you’ve all shared and showed has been humbling to say the least.

My family and and longtime friends(childhood, school, etc..)basically disowned me when I started this journey. I was always the one they came to when they needed this or that. Once I could no longer provide this or that and started needing this or that for myself, they all went ghost mode, or called me inconsiderate or had a few choice words for me.

It was INGO and strangers who lifted me up while family and friends put me down. I’ll be forever grateful to you all. I may not be around for a while. I’ll be busy once this all starts rolling; trying to figure out insurance, repairing credit, living situation, and life in general.

I will be back and active here on INGO soon I hope. And I hope once my life gets sorted out I’ll be able to pay it forward. You all gave me hope when there was no hope to be found. When I was surrounded by darkness, you guys lit a fire. Like I said, I seriously don’t know where I’d be without you all. It’s impossible for me to express my gratitude.

I hope this wasn't to jumbled around and hopefully it was coherent. Thank you all, again, I appreciate it.

P.S. best way to reach me is via twitter, I’m one there at least once a day. Username on twitter:

@RealAndyPaolone

(I’m closing the GoFundMe, thank you)

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So good to hear from you. I'm sorry about the backpay situation, but hopefully now you can start to move on. We'll still be here if you need anything. Or if you don't. ;)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hey, just wanted to check in with you guys and give you all an update. Good news and some not so good news.

Good news: I received a decision letter today. I have met the qualifications for a disability annuity. 1st decision.

Not so good news: They decided I became totally disabled in September of 2018. So instead of almost 2 years backpay, I’ll likely receive 4 months of backpay because payments can’t start for six months after the onset. Unfortunately I won’t qualify for Medicaid until September 2020, two years after determined onset of disability. The lawyer I hired on gets 1/3 of my backpay or $6,000 whichever is greater.

So while theres good news and things will will start looking better and I’ll be able to try to rebuild my life. It’s just going to take a little bit longer. Hopefully by this winter I’ll be able to save up to buy a trailer and some furnishings. My biggest relief right now is being able to afford Daisy’s medical needs. She’ll be 10 in September. 9/14/2009 is her birthday! While it’ll be a slow go, at least it’s a go finally. Glass is half full from here on out.

I’ve been absent from the forum and all social media except for twitter, for a long time.

Now that the update is complete, I just want to share my gratitude. 

It’s been a long horrible ride. I isolated myself, became depressed, had horrible bouts of pain, and pretty regularly I would be disappointed because I woke up. Without all of your support, there’s no way I could’ve made it to this point. The financial help, kind words, prayers, and overall kindness you’ve all shared and showed has been humbling to say the least.

My family and and longtime friends(childhood, school, etc..)basically disowned me when I started this journey. I was always the one they came to when they needed this or that. Once I could no longer provide this or that and started needing this or that for myself, they all went ghost mode, or called me inconsiderate or had a few choice words for me.

It was INGO and strangers who lifted me up while family and friends put me down. I’ll be forever grateful to you all. I may not be around for a while. I’ll be busy once this all starts rolling; trying to figure out insurance, repairing credit, living situation, and life in general.

I will be back and active here on INGO soon I hope. And I hope once my life gets sorted out I’ll be able to pay it forward. You all gave me hope when there was no hope to be found. When I was surrounded by darkness, you guys lit a fire. Like I said, I seriously don’t know where I’d be without you all. It’s impossible for me to express my gratitude.

I hope this wasn't to jumbled around and hopefully it was coherent. Thank you all, again, I appreciate it.

P.S. best way to reach me is via twitter, I’m one there at least once a day. Username on twitter:

@RealAndyPaolone

(I’m closing the GoFundMe, thank you)
    Glad you at least have some good news. Sorry it wasn't better though. Keep moving forward. You are doing well. As for that depression, I had it occasionally as well in my medical situation. It has gotten somewhat better,

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Half-full is better than a dry dusty glass. Glad to see you back with some good news. Glad to hear that things will start moving forward and picking up for you. Always looking forward to seeing again. I haven't seen you since you moved out of C.L. but it would be nice to change that and get together again.

And of course, all the best to Daisy.

D

doberso

I just donated and was going to post this too. Thanks for getting it up here. Andy is really a great guy, one of those who will, even when he is down, give you the shirt of his back to help you out. But he can use a little help himself.

Top Bottom