• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devilpig

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2018
    Northeast Indy
    This means that hopefully production, supply, and demand are unscathed. That said, I wouldn't for a second put it past the folks at K-VAR to use this as an excuse to pull product and/or raise prices, kinda like a dirtbag gouging gas station. But from a holistic standpoint things should be fine for Arsenal guns, ammo, and parts.
    Hasn't that basically been Kvar's business model for the last ten years, at least since the VEPR ban.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know this is the AK show and tell thread. Maybe we should have them create a separate thread for discussion. This one gets cluttered with posts like mine above.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Anyone else? I know some people like to have their own thread, which is fine.
    The other thing is, posting a pic sometimes provokes some discussion and I don't think we want to make that more inconvenient. I just thought a thread that we could post questions, answers, details of builds, videos, etc, might be handy. It might be because I am old, but I can never find stuff when I use the search app.

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    Anyone else? I know some people like to have their own thread, which is fine.
    The other thing is, posting a pic sometimes provokes some discussion and I don't think we want to make that more inconvenient. I just thought a thread that we could post questions, answers, details of builds, videos, etc, might be handy. It might be because I am old, but I can never find stuff when I use the search app.
    Thread 'AK-47 Discussion Thread'
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/ak-47-discussion-thread.527458/here

ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN
    My Arsenal SAM7K with custom, Extra Curly Walnut furniture from Kalashnicarver, cnc warrior brace, aimpoint t2, RS Regulate AK-312M mount, modlite plhv2 w/ Unity hotbutton, and a 4 piece flash hider until I can get the suppressor.

Attachments

• 20220921_013810.jpg
      20220921_013810.jpg
      783.8 KB · Views: 27
    • 20220921_014919.jpg
      20220921_014919.jpg
      759 KB · Views: 26

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I recently acquired an AK and am looking for help on value. Figure this would probably be the thread to find out. I'm not educated about AKs

What I know about it

Atlantic firearms DIY kit
    Romanian surplus
    Model 1963
    4150v nitride threaded barrel
    1mm heat treated receiver
    Century Arms Rak1 trigger group
    Tapco slant muzzlebrake

Can get more pics of markings if needed

Thanks in advance for any input

20220918_201821.jpg
    20220918_201829.jpg

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    @d.kaufman what you have there is technically an md. 65, the underfolder variant of the PM md. 63 AKM. The donor gun, at least the front trunnion, was built in 1972 at Romania's legendary Cugir Arms Factory. Do other serialized parts (bolt, carrier, recoil guide, rear sight, top cover, selector, and gas tube) match the trunnion serial? And the pistol grip may be Polish - any numbers/markings on it near the top of the grip?

Sounds like you are not the original owner? Any ballpark round count through the gun? Any photos of the internals? It's a nice looking shooter, and those Atlantic builds are generally G2G. Recently, I think these fully assembled guns ran about $1,000-$1,100. The DIY kits were less, and most people who bought those already had the necessary spare parts lying around.

With no info other than what you provided, my initial estimate for a used Romy AK with American barrel would be +/- $900. If you're looking to sell, underfolders are rather polarizing in the AK community - you either love them or hate them. And the stock angle of Romy UFs is lower than straight-back underfolders like the Yugo Zastava, which gives some folks an even more uncomfortable shooting experience.

I love Romanian AKs, and yours appears to be a nice example of a tasteful, professionally built parts kit.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    @d.kaufman what you have there is technically an md. 65, the underfolder variant of the PM md. 63 AKM. The donor gun, at least the front trunnion, was built in 1972 at Romania's legendary Cugir Arms Factory. Do other serialized parts (bolt, carrier, recoil guide, rear sight, top cover, selector, and gas tube) match the trunnion serial? And the pistol grip may be Polish - any numbers/markings on it near the top of the grip?

Sounds like you are not the original owner? Any ballpark round count through the gun? Any photos of the internals? It's a nice looking shooter, and those Atlantic builds are generally G2G. Recently, I think these fully assembled guns ran about $1,000-$1,100. The DIY kits were less, and most people who bought those already had the necessary spare parts lying around.

With no info other than what you provided, my initial estimate for a used Romy AK with American barrel would be +/- $900. If you're looking to sell, underfolders are rather polarizing in the AK community - you either love them or hate them. And the stock angle of Romy UFs is lower than straight-back underfolders like the Yugo Zastava, which gives some folks an even more uncomfortable shooting experience.

I love Romanian AKs, and yours appears to be a nice example of a tasteful, professionally built parts kit.
    Not sure on some of the numbers as haven't looked to hard. A few more pics below. It's been fired, but unknown how much. I put a mag thru it this past weekand and was flawless.

20221019_193208.jpg
    20221019_220429.jpg
    20221019_221620.jpg
    20221019_222324.jpg
    20221019_222632.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom