• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

:patriot:

If I'm stuck somewhere I want Tim Kennedy, and his friends, to come rescue me.
    I would trust them more than any military operation supervised/ran by politicians (from any country).

They are true heroes, they could have all stayed safety at home in the US (not sure if they're all Americans) but decided to get into harm's way to rescue their fellow men (not even their compatriots).

That's the true American spirit.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I doubt that the ”pilot” flying that Blackhawk would know how to evade an anti aircraft missle, just saying . . . . .
    I can imagine the Talibans could easily hire real pilots with military experience with all their millions. (actually they are believed to have over $TRILLION).

They are not just uneducated dudes in sandals that don't know how to fly planes ... they are a very rich group that can hire mercenaries from all around the globe. :dunno:

Also at the moment all the anti-aircraft missiles in the area are probably owned by the talibans.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, Russians flew the 15s and 17s in Korea

Chinese and Russians flew a lot of the 21s in Nam

Why not Iranians flying Blackhawks in the Sandbox? It's a tradition when the primary combatant doesn't have the skills

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ...I am surprised a plane has not been shot out of the sky yet. We left them plenty of weapons.

Well they are trying. One more day to get (un)lucky.

Reuters

Rockets target US troops as core diplomats fly out of Kabul

U.S. anti-missile defences intercepted rockets fired at Kabul's airport on Monday as the United States flew its core diplomats out of Afghanistan in the final hours of its chaotic withdrawal.

A U.S. official said initial reports did not indicate any U.S. casualties from as many as five missiles fired on the airport. Islamic State - enemies of both the West and the Taliban - claimed responsibility for the rocket attacks.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I doubt that the ”pilot” flying that Blackhawk would know how to evade an anti aircraft missle, just saying . . . . .
    I wish I could find comfort in that.

We train pilots from foreign militaries on a regular basis. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the Taliban has more than a few U.S. trained pilots flying our helicopters and airplanes.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wish I could find comfort in that.

We train pilots from foreign militaries on a regular basis. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the Taliban has more than a few U.S. trained pilots flying our helicopters and airplanes.
    Yeah, Blackhawks helicopters are used by close to 30 countries.

I'm not sure if the US trained Afghan pilots (who could now be working for the Talibans) or if the pilots would have to come from another country.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I admire his integrity and hope it works out well for him. That said, given what we have witnessed the last several years, I have a hard time imagining that he is going to be able to accomplish anything against the swamp worth throwing away his retirement for. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.
    If you got to watch his last video that Tombs linked to in post 1952, you’d be a little more inspired, I believe. Very strong language. Very hopeful.
    It looks like he’s going to be cancelled now. Any Hollywood dolt that they canceled was just for practice, Scheller is why they invented cancellation. TPTB should be terrified.

ETA found the video on FB

WATCH IT BEFORE IT GOES DOWN AGAIN.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Speaking of the general, he was practically singing the praises of the Taliban and how they were securing the airport, yadda yadda yadda... Then went on to say that he believes there are as many as 2000 ISIS fighters in Afghanistan, but that most of those had come from the prisons after they were released by... the Taliban. :nuts:

Top Bottom