• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I don't know... not very many freedom loving, Christian oriented, white supremist groups there...

I am so glad to be retired. It must be pure hell to be serving under the current regime. With their grabbing for power, and money, and their buddies (puppet masters) in the defense industry certainly screaming for more, and more big lucrative gov contracts... We're likely to be involved in all kinds of crap, just about anywhere here before too long, none of which will help America, her people, her workers, her troops, or the world at large.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Well we never really left. Still plenty of "secret" special forces and CIA contractors in Afghanistan.

4 days ago American B52's bombed the **** out of Kunduz to "stop Taliban advances" yet the Taliban seized the city moments after the bombing concluded.

From what the Biden admin is saying and doing, it just seems like the establishment is manufacturing consent to destroy the country again.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We won’t be.China will try to maintain peace now since it’s their companies who are doing most of the resource extraction.

The taliban are hardline Muslims who I sincerely doubt will help the Chinese track down down escaped uighers.

The taliban are a direct threat to chinas oppression of their Muslim populations and their mining operations. I say let them have a go at it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The whole situation disgusts me. I lost half my team there in a 22 hour period, and all the .gov is doing is pissing on their sacrifice and the sacrifice of every Soldier, Sailor, Airmen and Marine that was lost. Not to mention the price everyone of us that served there paid.
    You said it. It's a slap in the face of surviving families of vets that lost life and limb there.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This vacuum from the U.S. pulling out will without any doubt cause another 9-11 type attack on the United States before it`s all over. Mark my words.

The reason for 9/11 was due to the US abandoning aid to what became the taliban, leaving them to die at the hands of soviets.

I think ceasing hostilities towards the ones we were arming and funding previously, is a significant risk reduction. Especially since children aren't seeing their parents killed, and growing up seeking revenge.

Have you seen what taliban forces looked like at the beginning of this mess, compared to today? It's a pretty big reality check.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    At the risk of derailing this conversation, how exactly do y’all blame the taliban and Afghan people for 9/11 when almost all of the people involved were saudis.

The next terrorists to carry an attack are more likely to be trained in Africa than in Afghanistan

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    At the risk of derailing this conversation, how exactly do y’all blame the taliban and Afghan people for 9/11 when almost all of the people involved were saudis.

The next terrorists to carry an attack are more likely to be trained in Africa than in Afghanistan
    It`s a very complex and intertwined network. Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden fought for the Taliban, they share information since their goals are the same; to slay the infidels. And it`s no surprise to anyone, nor is it news that Africa is a hotbed of islamic jihadist activity too, but this vacuum in Afghanistan due to U.S troops pulling out WILL come back to bite us.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Any wanna take bets for how long it will be before we back in Afghanistan with a full force.
    To what end? You cannot "nation build" there. The only way forward there is to conquer and colonize, or to eradicate everyone and everything. There is no political will on our side to do either.

They are a tribal people. They don't care who's running the country. The people just want to continue what they have been doing for thousands of years, on a local level. You can't spread "democracy" there. The average resident doesn't care about that. I'm going to end my comments there, as I might get into trouble if I don't. :abused:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    To what end? You cannot "nation build" there. The only way forward there is to conquer and colonize, or to eradicate everyone and everything. There is no political will on our side to do either.

They are a tribal people. They don't care who's running the country. The people just want to continue what they have been doing for thousands of years, on a local level. You can't spread "democracy" there. The average resident doesn't care about that. I'm going to end my comments there, as I might get into trouble if I don't. :abused:

We could learn a lot from them here at home.

We worship the state, while they have their religion build and guide their society.
    Once upon a time, in this country, we functioned along the same principle, even though we may have had different religious beliefs, the state was not at the head of the table.

Top Bottom