• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    There was a little more to it than just "trespassing", or are you denying that there was a gate destroyed allowing entrance to the property?

Did he actually "point" his rifle at anyone? That pistol was proven to be knowingly non-functional, so that doesn't really stand up.
    Correct, it's not just walking on someone's lawn. It was destroying property to gain access to private property, so I believe the mob escalated the situation in the first place.

I hope the people also move to a location where they should be able to defend themselves.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    These people were inside their homes, walked out on their porch to confront the protesters, then left their porch, and approached them (obviously armed). So the “fear for their lives” is iffy, really iffy. Sure the people were wrong for trespassing, but homeowners certainly escalated the issue by pointing guns at them. Simply having the weapons, not an issue. Pointing them, that’s a problem.
    Ok let's take it from the point we can agree on which is "simply having them, not an issue" My point of contention still stands from my previous post. Did the mob at any time act in a threatening manner that may have contributed to the escalation?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah, pointing a gun at people for walking on your property? No bueno. What’s the closest any of the protesters even got to them, 20ft? There’s nothing to be outraged about.
    Finger on trigger. Obviously stress. This isn’t ok.
    View attachment 144553

Just to throw some gas on the fire, what's that twenty foot rule thing I hear about on INGO all the time?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Do you know what was said to her? Do you know what the demeanor of the mob was towards her? Were they acting in a threatening manner? If a mob were to get within 20ft of me on my property they should'nt expect to be presented with flowers.
    The mob had already broken through the gate to their gated community. They were trespassing and there had been reports that some in the mob were armed as well. This is complete and total ********. PERIOD.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The mob had already broken through the gate to their gated community. They were trespassing and there had been reports that some in the mob were armed as well. This is complete and total ********. PERIOD.
    Isn’t this the same mob that threaten to kill the McCloskey’s and their dog?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually when the “mob” first entered the community, the gate was intact. So no, they did not break in. It is unknown when the gate was damaged after the first protesters entered.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well, true. Shouldn't be a crime if you are dumb enough to do so though.
    I just have to disagree that it was a dumb move. They were aware of a potential threat, and they were trying to keep looting and vandalism, or worse from occurring. And I reject the notion that law-abiding people ought to have to cower in their home while thugs are breaking and entering and trespassing.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There seems to be a lot of arson in the proximity of mostly peaceful protestors. To me that is one of the we reasons to get out of the boat. Much like the McKloskeys you get very little time to access the situation, can't back up the video and freeze-frame.

Death in a fire is on the same list as killer bees, drowning, and driving off a 4-story parking structure with me. That being my "ways is really don't want to die" list. Seeing a Molotov? Time to go beyond "Full-Lawn Lawyer". Plus my wife's gun will be serviceable.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "Freeman is out there operating within the Rule of Law, completely outside the nutty variant of INGO's Rule of Man. He must be stopped."

1624273240973.png

Attachments

• 1624273319082.png
      1624273319082.png
      1.8 MB · Views: 4

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I just have to disagree that it was a dumb move. They were aware of a potential threat, and they were trying to keep looting and vandalism, or worse from occurring. And I reject the notion that law-abiding people ought to have to cower in their home while thugs are breaking and entering and trespassing.
    They were not confronting a couple of people. They were confronting a small mob. They couldn't keep track of all of those people.

As we saw in Kenosha, a gun will not always deter the mob from coming at you. What do you think would have been the outcome if they had rushed that lady with the gun that didn't even work? A gun is not a magic talisman that wards off evil and injury.

Lastly, it is taking cover, not cowering.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, pointing a gun at people for walking on your property? No bueno. What’s the closest any of the protesters even got to them, 20ft? There’s nothing to be outraged about.
    Finger on trigger. Obviously stress. This isn’t ok.
    View attachment 144553
    Still, now as it was then, 100% lawful in Missouri. The trespassers were on their physical property. MO statute allows for threat/use of deadly force in response to property trespass.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    These people were inside their homes, walked out on their porch to confront the protesters, then left their porch, and approached them (obviously armed). So the “fear for their lives” is iffy, really iffy. Sure the people were wrong for trespassing, but homeowners certainly escalated the issue by pointing guns at them. Simply having the weapons, not an issue. Pointing them, that’s a problem.
    FULLSTOP.

Top Bottom