• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Actually when the “mob” first entered the community, the gate was intact. So no, they did not break in. It is unknown when the gate was damaged after the first protesters entered.
    The gate was closed (and, IIRC, locked). The trespassers literally, statutorily, committed breaking and entering on private property.

Damage of private property (which did happen) is completely irrelevant with respect to the statutory justification for the use of deadly force to end a trespass on private property.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Are you describing a settlement, with your fellow politico, Soros, and his backed DA as refuting what Chip stated?
    A few points here:

1. The McCloskey's actions are explicitly justified under applicable statute.

2. The state intentionally chose not to prosecute a single one of the trespassers for their unlawful trespass (a crime with ample evidence to prosecute and convict).

3. The police, under direction of the prosecutor, literally manipulated evidence (by taking a firearm rendered inoperable, disassembling and then reassembling in an operable state in the police lab).

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I always figure if the problem is outside, call the cops, several times if they don't respond.

What happens later I would think would be judged by no or a slow response.

I've not heard if these folks called the cops or not.:dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lastly, it is taking cover, not cowering.

Taking cover, inside a house, from people whose favorite hobby is arson? Did you really think this through?
    Well... uhhhh… obviously not. :dunno:

This is why malicious prosecutors, like those bought and paid for by Soros, need their necks stretched. The fact that such a miscreant would engage in malicious prosecution is NOT a commentary on the law nor is it authoritative in interpreting the law.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A few points here:

1. The McCloskey's actions are explicitly justified under applicable statute.

2. The state intentionally chose not to prosecute a single one of the trespassers for their unlawful trespass (a crime with ample evidence to prosecute and convict).

3. The police, under direction of the prosecutor, literally manipulated evidence (by taking a firearm rendered inoperable, disassembling and then reassembling in an operable state in the police lab).
    I had missed that last part. Prosecutor and police involved need criminal charges.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Taking cover, inside a house, from people whose favorite hobby is arson? Did you really think this through?

This is why malicious prosecutors, like those bought and paid for by Soros, need their necks stretched. The fact that such a miscreant would engage in malicious prosecution is NOT a commentary on the law nor is it authoritative in interpreting the law.
    Yes. Still safer than facing the mob in the open like that. If arson had been on the menu for the mob, their being outside would not have stopped it. They may have found themselves with a Molotov at their feet instead. I'm sure there were plenty of ways to exit that house if the need had arisen.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes. Still safer than facing the mob in the open like that. If arson had been on the menu for the mob, their being outside would not have stopped it. They may have found themselves with a Molotov at their feet instead. I'm sure there were plenty of ways to exit that house if the need had arisen.
    When the molotovs come out its time to start mowing down the mob.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The gate was closed (and, IIRC, locked). The trespassers literally, statutorily, committed breaking and entering on private property.

Damage of private property (which did happen) is completely irrelevant with respect to the statutory justification for the use of deadly force to end a trespass on private property.

1624309137890.png

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    They were not confronting a couple of people. They were confronting a small mob. They couldn't keep track of all of those people.

As we saw in Kenosha, a gun will not always deter the mob from coming at you. What do you think would have been the outcome if they had rushed that lady with the gun that didn't even work? A gun is not a magic talisman that wards off evil and injury.

Lastly, it is taking cover, not cowering.
    No sir, when a mob of trespassers and vandals is outside roaming over your property, hunkering down in the house IS cowering. I support what they did and how they handled the situation. What`s disturbing is that government has run roughshod over their right to defend themselves, and that some tend to agree with those who are persecuting this couple.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll figure on cowering then, my objective in confrontations is no friendly casualties and legality aside, being behind stone works to that advantage.;)

Reactions: KLB

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No sir, when a mob of trespassers and vandals is outside roaming over your property, hunkering down in the house IS cowering. I support what they did and how they handled the situation. What`s disturbing is that government has run roughshod over their right to defend themselves, and that some tend to agree with those who are persecuting this couple.
    I assume you are referring to Kut for supporting the prosecution. That is a far different thing than I am saying.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh, absolutely; it is clear (from photographic and video evidence of the gate's intact state at the time the mob broke in) that someone or someones among the trespassers did damage the gate. But my point was: said damage is not a prerequisite for having committed the crime of breaking and entering, which the trespassers also did.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, absolutely; it is clear (from photographic and video evidence of the gate's intact state at the time the mob broke in) that someone or someones among the trespassers did damage the gate. But my point was: said damage is not a prerequisite for having committed the crime of breaking and entering, which the trespassers also did.
    Didn't CNN or one of the prog news rags circulate the story that the gate was already damaged.

Top Bottom