• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I could not find any old threads on this. I'm sure I just overlooked them. My apologies. Is there any .223 ammo out there that you would not buy, even if the price was amazing?

It would be used to run through cheap AR-15's.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The only 223/556 ammunition I have ever had issues with was NATEC PCA Spectrum. A polymer and brass case. A great new idea. A horrible idea. The plastic part of the case would consistently separate from the brass part. The brass would be ejected from the rifle and the plastic would stay lodged in the chamber. I will include a few pictures to show exactly what happens. This stuff isn't produced anymore and was a total failure but I have seen some floating around on gunbroker from time to time. Stay away from it. I am glad I only purchased 2 boxes. I saw a guy purchasing an entire case of the stuff at a gunshow years ago and tried to warn him. He didn't listen and probably thought I wanted it for myself or something. He will learn. :whistle:

mvc-007s.jpg_thumbnail0154.jpg

20180624_121552_4219.jpg

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The only 223/556 ammunition I have ever had issues with was NATEC PCA Spectrum. A polymer and brass case. A great new idea. A horrible idea. The plastic part of the case would consistently separate from the brass part. The brass would be ejected from the rifle and the plastic would stay lodged in the chamber. I will include a few pictures to show exactly what happens. This stuff isn't produced anymore and was a total failure but I have seen some floating around on gunbroker from time to time. Stay away from it. I am glad I only purchased 2 boxes. I saw a guy purchasing an entire case of the stuff at a gunshow years ago and tried to warn him. He didn't listen and probably thought I wanted it for myself or something. He will learn. :whistle:

mvc-007s.jpg_thumbnail0154.jpg

20180624_121552_4219.jpg

Yeah...I will pass on that stuff.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have had nothing but bad luck with Wolf and Tula polymer coated stuff. Not only stuck in my AR chambers but also stuck in the chambers of previously 100% reliable Norinco 84S-1 and an SAR-3. No problems with their lacquer coated .223.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've fired plenty of Geco 9mm and just recently went through a 50rd box of the target .223 and it was good clean ammo

I've read about the large batch of Independence 5.56 that was bad (primers) that still floats around, Google search will produce lots of bad reviews and warnings

Last edited:
    Top Bottom