• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just saw in the paper today some Democrat was all happy that he got a statute approved by the Governor criminalizing the possession and use of the so called “Glock Switch” to convert a Glock to fire full auto. Gee I thought full auto guns were already covered by federal law NFA which already would appear to cover the clock switch! Nothing like a stupid politician making his sheeple feel good by sponsoring another worthless gun control law. I’m sure the gangbangers are disposing of their Glock Switches into the White River as I type this post. Ha, ha!
    I’m thinking the idea was there was no state law regarding the possession of an item that could easily convert a gun into full auto. (If I’m misremembering, I’m sure someone will correct me).

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just saw in the paper today some Democrat was all happy that he got a statute approved by the Governor criminalizing the possession and use of the so called “Glock Switch” to convert a Glock to fire full auto. Gee I thought full auto guns were already covered by federal law NFA which already would appear to cover the clock switch! Nothing like a stupid politician making his sheeple feel good by sponsoring another worthless gun control law. I’m sure the gangbangers are disposing of their Glock Switches into the White River as I type this post. Ha, ha!

Wouldn't call it gun control. It gives them more stuff to throw at these people with glock switches, and cleans up some language defining what an MG is.

If you have a ATF registered MG, or if your an registered MG FFL. it specifically does not apply to you.

Basically if your making/selling/holding glock switches and your not an owner of a registered MG glock, or your not a registered MG maker/dealer. (or a part of the goverment). your screwed.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There is no state law currently that makes it illegal to possess an unregistered auto sear or manufacture them. Soooo, I cannot arrest someone for that as I cannot enforce Federal law. Feds aren't interested in them either. I'm very happy about this "stupid law". But then again, I have to deal with these people on the regular and see the devastation they are causing my City.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There is no state law currently that makes it illegal to possess an unregistered auto sear or manufacture them. Soooo, I cannot arrest someone for that as I cannot enforce Federal law. Feds aren't interested in them either. I'm very happy about this "stupid law". But then again, I have to deal with these people on the regular and see the devastation they are causing my City.
    When you find them with Glock switches installed can you not arrest them for possession of a unregistered machine gun now?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well, we finally made it. CCR #1 (fixing that silly technicality) passed the house and the senate.

1682552261840.png

@KellyinAvon and the rest of the usual suspects, its all done but the final signatures needed to put it on the Governors desk..

tumblr_inline_ozytajK0dS1sbu1c1_400.gif

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, we finally made it. CCR #1 (fixing that silly technicality) passed the house and the senate.

View attachment 272120

@KellyinAvon and the rest of the usual suspects, its all done but the final signatures needed to put it on the Governors desk..

tumblr_inline_ozytajK0dS1sbu1c1_400.gif
    Thanks again for keeping up on the Statehouse stuff Moose. Mario approves!

After the years of slog (not sure that's a real word, y'all know what I mean) towards ConC, this year was pretty mild yet some good stuff got passed.

HB 1323 Information Privacy Regarding Firearms was Craig Haggard's first bill and it passed overwhelmingly out of the House and Senate and was signed by the Governor earlier this month.

Senate Joint Resolution 1 (changing crimes that can be no bail in the Indiana Constitution) was amended in the House and passed out of the Senate. It will be on standby until the 2025 session (requires two sessions/two elections) to pass a resolution to change the Indiana Constitution.

HB 1177 once again pulled a couple dems in the Senate and in the House and is making it's way through for the signatures. Coach would've been at the Statehouse this year testifying in support if he was still with us. I miss Coach.

2024 session: can we please get the blasted "fix Nantz v State" bill a hearing! How about a "Property Rooms must follow the Constitution no matter how many decades they haven't" bill?

Edit: how could I forget? On 1 July I'm buying a throwing star! Why? Cause I can.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks again for keeping up on the Statehouse stuff Moose. Mario approves!

After the years of slog (not sure that's a real word, y'all know what I mean) towards ConC, this year was pretty mild yet some good stuff got passed.

HB 1323 Information Privacy Regarding Firearms was Craig Haggard's first bill and it passed overwhelmingly out of the House and Senate and was signed by the Governor earlier this month.

Senate Joint Resolution 1 (changing crimes that can be no bail in the Indiana Constitution) was amended in the House and passed out of the Senate. It will be on standby until the 2025 session (requires two sessions/two elections) to pass a resolution to change the Indiana Constitution.

HB 1177 once again pulled a couple dems in the Senate and in the House and is making it's way through for the signatures. Coach would've been at the Statehouse this year testifying in support if he was still with us. I miss Coach.

2024 session: can we please get the blasted "fix Nantz v State" bill a hearing! How about a "Property Rooms must follow the Constitution no matter how many decades they haven't" bill?

Edit: how could I forget? On 1 July I'm buying a throwing star! Why? Cause I can.
    Yeah this session is all but over.

Now I gotta pick a new cause lol.

Why are Ballistic Knives banned? I think that may be the last thing that is really in "Prohibitive Weapons" in Indiana.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah this session is all but over.

Now I gotta pick a new cause lol.

Why are Ballistic Knives banned? I think that may be the last thing that is really in "Prohibitive Weapons" in Indiana.
    It's a long time until January!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To quote Bob Seger, **** I’ve known that for 10 years!! if a school board authorizes the individual, it is legal and has been for years. There were schools with arm staff before this bill. It just provides a grant for training that was designed by instructors at ILEA.

Any training requirement is up to the school.

WRTV bringing journalistic malpractice since…

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yep its all done but the signatures, and the Governor doesn't need the legislature in session to sign anything.

Did anything at all get vetoed this year?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yep its all done but the signatures, and the Governor doesn't need the legislature in session to sign anything.

Did anything at all get vetoed this year?
    Vetoes are usually much bally-hooed in the news, we'd have heard something I'm sure.

Bills filter over to the Governor after being signed by the House Speaker and President of the Senate (Lt Governor.) Looks like 1177 will be getting autographed in the next few days. Pro Tempore of the Senate signed it 28 April. Voted and passed in both houses is required before the session ends, it seems the signing and other stuff can happen later.

The Governor can sign (becomes law on 1 July usually/unless earlier date is in the bill, ) not sign (becomes law, no pocket-veto in Indiana) or veto (can be overturned when next in session with simple majority, not 2/3 required at the Federal level.)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @KellyinAvon

I want to do some pre work for next year.

Do you know who the author of the Nantz fix was? Who the major supporters are to fix Nantz?
    Jim Lucas wrote the bill this year.

Found a couple draft letters from years past (never delete anything, copy/paste is your friend) supporting the bill on the Senate-side.

From 2022:

I am writing to encourage your support of SB 199, Self Defense. This bill was authored by Senator Michael Young and Chris Garten, and co-authored by Senators Baldwin, Busch, Crane, Koch, Kruse, Leising, and Tomes. SB 199 is sponsored in the House by Representative Chris Jeter, and corrects a longstanding problem that resulted from an Indiana Appeals Court decision.

From 2021:

I am writing to encourage your support of SB 143, Self Defense. Authored by Senators Doriot, Baldwin, Michael Young, and co-authored by Senators Garten, Koch, Bohacek, Freeman, Sandlin, Busch, Crane, and Tomes. This bill is sponsored by Representatives Smaltz, Lucas, Teshka, and Bartels

Top Bottom