• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think it's amendment 1 causing the issues. The way I read it this eliminates the school board's autonomy to arm staff on their own/makes this mandatory for armed staff. When I saw this originally I thought it wasn't that.

Jim would absolutely balk at this, giving the schools options without making it mandatory was his position on it going in.

Hopefully something gets worked out. The clock is ticking loud.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think it's amendment 1 causing the issues. The way I read it this eliminates the school board's autonomy to arm staff on their own/makes this mandatory for armed staff. When I saw this originally I thought it wasn't that.

Jim would absolutely balk at this, giving the schools options without making it mandatory was his position on it going in.

Hopefully something gets worked out. The clock is ticking loud.

Well the meeting is monday, we will see then what goes on

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    ohh lol, its a technicality. There were two new bill trying to add the new section to the Indiana Code.. this was to resolve this since they used the same numbers.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Too quick to make memes out of the dems?
    Hah they didn't even get to speak really, Lucas brought things to order, and a lawyer like guy basicaly stated on the record the conflict between two new IC code sections being created using the same numbers.

JD Ford asked a quick question, but it was like 30 second and quickly anwsered, the whole broadcast was barely 2 minutes long lol

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Meanwhile.. SB 77 signed by the Governor!

1682349394002.png

ConcernedGrimyAkitainu-max-1mb.gif

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So what is the next step for 1177? Do they have go back to each chamber for another vote?
    Okay.. something like that.

The reports from this committee will be filed, and then adopted in both the House and the Senate. It requires a vote in each.

It may not even be contentious one. The clerk will just read the report, everyone will say aye, and they will move on.. or they may do a roll call vote with the machine.

At this point its all just protocol and procedure. I don't see it having any issues, particularly since it was just a stupid technical thing that sent it here anyway.

This bill, and another bill were attempting to create an IC number somewhere that had the same number as another bill. Really a silly technical oversight..

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I just saw in the paper today some Democrat was all happy that he got a statute approved by the Governor criminalizing the possession and use of the so called “Glock Switch” to convert a Glock to fire full auto. Gee I thought full auto guns were already covered by federal law NFA which already would appear to cover the clock switch! Nothing like a stupid politician making his sheeple feel good by sponsoring another worthless gun control law. I’m sure the gangbangers are disposing of their Glock Switches into the White River as I type this post. Ha, ha!

Top Bottom