• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lookin like our Cats and Dogs will be feeling it too.
    This is what we found at Petsmart.
    h9tbwcH.jpeg

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Lookin like our Cats and Dogs will be feeling it too.
    This is what we found at Petsmart.
    The cat food and dogfood in cans have been in a short supply for some time, ar first we heard it was due to aluminum and metal can shortage but it has been going on for a while, my wife has been buying it up when she finds it, as to dry food haven't seen a lot of change there though

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    The cat food and dogwood in cans have been in a short supply for some time, ar first we heard it was due to aluminum and metal can shortage but it has been going on for a while, my wife has been buying it up when she finds it, as to dry food haven't seen a lot of change there though
    Seems like the price has gone up substantially. Even more so than human food percentage wise

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Seems like the price has gone up substantially. Even more so than human food percentage wise
    Yes prices have increased on most items, we buy in bulk when we do. we have a german shepherd and 5 indoor cats, plus we feed the neighbor hood strays that have been dumped and forgotten! we both have a soft spot for abandoned pets

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Yes prices have increased on most items, we buy in bulk when we do. we have a german shepherd and 5 indoor cats, plus we feed the neighbor hood strays that have been dumped and forgotten! we both have a soft spot for abandoned pets
    Absolutely. This one eats his share

Attachments

• 16362229535652223963570116066899.jpg
      16362229535652223963570116066899.jpg
      948.9 KB · Views: 9

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Based on what our suppliers are telling us, expect this to take 2-3 years minimum before close to normal inventories return. My company is hurting right now, certain components for our products are not expected until February or March 2022. Luckily, we switched from a just in time inventory system right before things got tight. We can last until then without major concern, as far as getting our stuff out that is. But come January, we gonna be scraping bottom of the barrel

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Received notice from the propane company that my next fill is going to be 75 cents a gallon more than my fill in May, and $1.30 more than November of last year. Thanks, Joe…

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Received notice from the propane company that my next fill is going to be 75 cents a gallon more than my fill in May, and $1.30 more than November of last year. Thanks, Joe…

Joe and his Joe-ness are no help, but there's a lot more factors than Joe. Russia, China, and Iran are driving foreign markets and US makers can make significantly more money selling abroad. If you can get your product to Europe, it's double the price. That's limited by the fact there's no pipeline so exports have to be liquified gas in tankers, which means we have more gas than we can export due to that limitation. If we had a pipeline to drive more pricing parity with foreign markets it would suck a lot more for US consumers.

Our stores are significantly better than those of Europe and we still extract more than we use. Europe and China both use more than they extract. They need imports regardless of pricing.

Anybody ever wonder why Qatar has such outsized influence in the Gulf? This is why. They export about as much as Russia does (Russia extracts a lot more but also uses a lot more internally, Qatar uses very little internally so nearly all of their extraction can be exported.)

Ever wonder why Russia gives a sideways fart about Syria? Because Syria blocks Qatar from building more pipelines and having a more direct link to Europe, which would reduce Russia's ability to sell to Europe. Russia backs Syria because it's in their economic interest to do so.

The professional traders and futures market seem to think it's plausible to likely US natural gas prices will double by 2035. That'll still leave us about at 2/3 the price of Europe. We could reduce that by protectionism laws against exports, but nobody seriously thinks we'll do so.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    We had the propane provider out yesterday and I asked about the supply they have on hand. He told me that prepaid customer should be fine. They buy and store quantities at the local site and have additional supplies of LNG at a remote location.
    He said there's a chance people who aren't regular customers or didn't prepay may have difficulty getting supply.
    My SIL just purchased some at 3.49 per!!!!!!!!?

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    From the horses mouth: (https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/rngwhhdm.htm)
    Oct 2019 $2.33 per M-BTU
    Oct 2020 $2.39 per M-BTU
    Oct 2021 $5.51 per M-BTU
    The prices "might double" by 2035?? That moment has already passed! Our heating bills will more than double in 2021-22, why this fact alone isn't plastered on every news outlet boggles the mind. (I guess I need to stop trusting my lying eyes...) Its gonna be a cold winter!

On a much smaller issue, where has the Reddi Whip gone?? Got a pumkin pie the other day, no whip cream at Meijer. None at Stracks. None at Walgreens... You can take my heat but the whip cream?? Noooooo! :tantrum:

Top Bottom