• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Containers are the chokepoint right now. Might be a good time to go back to reusable containers, but I doubt it will last long enough to really swing things that way. We'll weather this and go back to one use plastic/aluminum because it's the cheapest option in normal times.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ice tea in pitchers poured into glasses or coffee from the pot to a mug are all we use at home. I use a thermos at work. Meat at the grocery store seems to be the fastest disappearing item and it's getting more expensive.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The shortage things seems weird. I get shutdowns stop production, unemployment bene's slow the return to work. But it's been 18 months. The believers are masked, vaxxed, saluting the science and back at work. The skeptical never stopped hanging it out, sticking it where they wanted and never stopped work if they weren't made to stop. Shortages everywhere? On everything? All at once? Again, I don't discount shutdowns and the corresponding delays in ramping up. But absolutely everywhere on everything all at the same time?? Aluminum is big business. Who supplies the U.S.? Meat(s)? Cinder blocks? No conspiracy theories offered here. Just a sincere wonder that all things are short-supplied all at once. Weird.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The shortage things seems weird. I get shutdowns stop production, unemployment bene's slow the return to work. But it's been 18 months. The believers are masked, vaxxed, saluting the science and back at work. The skeptical never stopped hanging it out, sticking it where they wanted and never stopped work if they weren't made to stop. Shortages everywhere? On everything? All at once? Again, I don't discount shutdowns and the corresponding delays in ramping up. But absolutely everywhere on everything all at the same time?? Aluminum is big business. Who supplies the U.S.? Meat(s)? Cinder blocks? No conspiracy theories offered here. Just a sincere wonder that all things are short-supplied all at once. Weird.

Because we outsource a lot of our labor and our raw resource material extraction to places that have very little in the way of medical infrastructure and their lockdowns are for real lockdowns, many of the chokepoints are abroad. Plastic bottle manufacturing was also affected by the recent hurricanes, so it's not all COVID related. Add in the shipping issues, such as the pretty well covered Suez blockage.

That's the trouble with JIT. It's very cost effective but it's also a ballet that relies on timing. One "dancer" goes down and the rest of the line starts collapsing as well. I have a ton of respect for logistics guys who are really good at what they do, it's kind of nuts how much efficiency they add to an organization.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The restaurants here one day won't have cups, another day they have no eggs, another day it's something else. Always something.
    No sliced jalapenos, no pork products, very limited soft drink selection, only chip available is Frito's...

What I just described was what I saw at various times while stationed in Iceland. Sound familiar?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Destruction of the economy is part and parcel to the scamdemic.

There is no mystery in this.

Expect it to continue through late summer 2022 followed by an "amazing recovery" from really ****** to not as ****** prior to mid term central state elections.
    I think part of the plan is to lower our standards. Maybe that’s obvious to many, it’s hard to wrap our mind around things that are so out of the ordinary.
    Instead of raising others to our standard, TPTB are bringing us to the lowest common denominator. They’ll make a bigger dependency class than what’s ever been before.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    In the past couple months I've seen a few grocery store items come back in stock for the first time in almost a year but just lately it seems like the random shortages are happening all over again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wife's uncle owns an import business. The shipping container is a real thing. For him, the price of shipping one jumped from ~$5k up to $65k this year alone. That's from China to Chicago

China not only doesn't fear us or respect us any longer, they are happy to crush us economically.

They know they have three years of no mean tweets. Maybe they'll get it done? :dunno:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think part of the plan is to lower our standards. Maybe that’s obvious to many, it’s hard to wrap our mind around things that are so out of the ordinary.
    Instead of raising others to our standard, TPTB are bringing us to the lowest common denominator. They’ll make a bigger dependency class than what’s ever been before.

Truth.

Top Bottom