• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    went to walmart today, doing a panic test, grabbed 2 carts went straight to toilet paper and filled them both to near overflowing went tend of isle, people saw my carts and started grabbing toilet paper, so it only goes to show that one person can cause people to buy, buy,buy if they think you know something they don't.:ugh:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    went to walmart today, doing a panic test, grabbed 2 carts went straight to toilet paper and filled them both to near overflowing went tend of isle, people saw my carts and started grabbing toilet paper, so it only goes to show that one person can cause people to buy, buy,buy if they think you know something they don't.:ugh:

Thanks, typhoid Mary.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went to Aldi and Kroger this afternoon and I saw people with vegetables and other healthy things in their carts, yet I resisted the urge to buy that stuff!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    SWMBO was at both Aldi and Walmart looking for specific items. She normally doesn't notice such things, but was impressed by all the bare shelves. When she asked around, the explanation was the truck didn't come in today and might not tomorrow also.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Be careful about who you listen to as well. A lady at a local gas station was telling a customer ahead of me that “all the truckers went on strike today.” Someone mentioned a semi-truck crash and she said she didn’t believe it because they’d all gone on strike. And then a semi drove by. :scratch:

She also said “Kroger was cleaned out and almost empty.” I had just been to Kroger and it was completely normal.

The point is, some people just like to repeat things they hear without any attempt to check it for accuracy. I’ve been trying to be better lately about arguing with ignorant people, so I smiled and nodded.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Tried to get something to eat at 6:30 Saturday night in terminal D at the Atlanta airport. Only about 1/4 of the restaurants in the terminal were even open. They were all the sit down type and had lines of 50+ people sitting along the wall, waiting to get in. Several of the sports bar type places were open for booze, but not food. Lack of kitchen staff. :rolleyes:

Finally found a couple of greasy, overpriced cheese pizza slices that I only had to wait in line for 1/2 hour to get. That place had one girl making pizza, cooking pizza, slicing and serving pizza while her coworker filed her nails and swiped credit cards. I asked the girl who was working her a$$ off if they accepted tips. She said she wasn't allowed to. I left a $20 anyways. Told her I found it and was pretty sure I saw her drop it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Tried to get something to eat at 6:30 Saturday night in terminal D at the Atlanta airport. Only about 1/4 of the restaurants in the terminal were even open.

Didn't see any issues in Chicago or Madrid airports, labor wise. Price wise is another question.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Didn't see any issues in Chicago or Madrid airports, labor wise. Price wise is another question.
    We didn't see it in any of the smaller airports we've been through lately, Indy, Sarasota, South Bend. Even Reagan in DC seemed to be doing well. I read somewhere that 25% of the restaurants in ATL haven't re-opened since the early Covid days. The airport gave them a deadline back in August to s**t or get off the pot. That deadline has come and gone. The amount of $$$ NOT being made is mind boggling. You have a captive audience with limited options and they sure as s**t aren't being fed on the airplane.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Went to Meijer solely because the peppers are better.

Not one pepper for sale in the whole store.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Tried to get something to eat at 6:30 Saturday night in terminal D at the Atlanta airport. Only about 1/4 of the restaurants in the terminal were even open. They were all the sit down type and had lines of 50+ people sitting along the wall, waiting to get in. Several of the sports bar type places were open for booze, but not food. Lack of kitchen staff. :rolleyes:

Finally found a couple of greasy, overpriced cheese pizza slices that I only had to wait in line for 1/2 hour to get. That place had one girl making pizza, cooking pizza, slicing and serving pizza while her coworker filed her nails and swiped credit cards. I asked the girl who was working her a$$ off if they accepted tips. She said she wasn't allowed to. I left a $20 anyways. Told her I found it and was pretty sure I saw her drop it.

We flew out of Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago and maybe half of the stuff was open. Thanks to my canceled and delayed flights, I stuck around a whole 24 hours to make sure, too. :ugh:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Need a transmission for a customer's Nissan. Backordered. Dealership tells me they have 14 on order and all are sitting off the coast of Kommiefornia. Hoping to see them within 30 days if we're lucky

Just love having to tell customers I can't fix their car for 2-5 weeks or more because I can't get the parts to do my job.

Parts shortages in my line of work are getting worse.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Went to Meijer solely because the peppers are better.

Not one pepper for sale in the whole store.
    Kind of glad we went a bit overboard with the Garden. Our peppers are still going strong. Who would have thought we would be picking $4.00 yellow and red bell peppers off the plant.

crazy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I saw some head honcho for a national shoe store chain talking about their problems getting shoes. It seems he had a number of containers on one ship that sat in the ocean hot damp air for an extra 100 days. Once the shoes got to the main warehouse, the boxes were wet and the shoes were moldy. The whole order had to be destroyed. Clothes would be subject to that kind of loss. Not to mention, all the loading, trucking, warehouse and other handling is all wasted.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Kind of glad we went a bit overboard with the Garden. Our peppers are still going strong. Who would have thought we would be picking $4.00 yellow and red bell peppers off the plant.

crazy.
    I don't think it's an actual, like, "pepper shortage". They just can't freakin' keep up with stocking their shelves. Been a problem since before covid.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't think it's an actual, like, "pepper shortage". They just can't freakin' keep up with stocking their shelves. Been a problem since before covid.
    I haven't seen a shortage of peppers at the nearest Kroger. Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits are scarce, though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went to pick up some hotdog buns at Kroger yesterday. Found maybe 2 or 3 packages, and they were all the "expensive" brands. Not a single Kroger brand package to be had. Plenty of hamburger buns, but no hotdog buns. With twin 4 year olds now, our bun usage has increased dramatically (I usually just use plain bread when I had hotdogs). Must have been a helluva weenie roast somewhere Sunday night.

Top Bottom