• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Cash up front?

Otherwise the psition is doggy style and the bank is the dog. You know what that makes you. Right?

But you're right. That's a solid truck.

With a really ugly grill.

And a PITA short bed.

And a funny looking paint job.:rolleyes:
    most people are owned by banks. That's how they get you. And when I say owned i mean, lose your job and everything including your snuggie is getting repo'd the next month

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Cash up front?

Otherwise the psition is doggy style and the bank is the dog. You know what that makes you. Right?

But you're right. That's a solid truck.

With a really ugly grill.

And a PITA short bed.

And a funny looking paint job.:rolleyes:

I've got my eye on a new 2016 that's still sitting on the lot. I agree with the grill on the 2017 models, I'm not a fan but it wouldn't be a deal breaker either. The graphics are pretty easy to remove with a heat gun and some patience.

As far as paying cash, I'm afraid the decisions I made early in life prevent me from dropping $50,000 cash on anything. That said, the decisions I've made since then have allowed me to borrow money cheap enough and allowed me the negotiating power to make it pretty painless to borrow for the few things I need to. Paying for my Son's college has put a slight hitch in my giddyup but I've been working my a$$ off to pay that $36k debt off in less than a year. Once I accomplish that goal I will make no apologies for borrowing at a good rate (currently looking at 1.59%) to buy a truck that I'll drive well past the payoff date of the loan.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The Toyota trucks are nice. I have a 4Runner now, and I got to spend 3 days in a Landcruiser in the Andes back in 2014.

The Ford trucks are nice. My company truck is an F150, and the family farm trucks are F350 and F550.

The Chevy and Dodge trucks are nice, though I have much less experience with them.

Everybody makes a good truck anymore.

Except the Koreans. Hyundai and Kia still just make ridiculous trucks.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've got my eye on a new 2016 that's still sitting on the lot. I agree with the grill on the 2017 models, I'm not a fan but it wouldn't be a deal breaker either. The graphics are pretty easy to remove with a heat gun and some patience.

As far as paying cash, I'm afraid the decisions I made early in life prevent me from dropping $50,000 cash on anything. That said, the decisions I've made since then have allowed me to borrow money cheap enough and allowed me the negotiating power to make it pretty painless to borrow for the few things I need to. Paying for my Son's college has put a slight hitch in my giddyup but I've been working my a$$ off to pay that $36k debt off in less than a year. Once I accomplish that goal I will make no apologies for borrowing at a good rate (currently looking at 1.59%) to buy a truck that I'll drive well past the payoff date of the loan.
    cant beat that. You've done good.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Meh. I'll stick to bigger trucks.

This is my lottery daily driver.

788e0f77ed1783a6e77699be1e8382be.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm danger close to being in the financial position to buy one of these: New 2017 Ram Power Wagon - Available Fall 2016Solid front axle. 400+HP & torque. 4.10's. Front sway bar disconnect. Manual transfer case. Factory 12,000lb winch. Now that is a truck.
    I'll admit that power wagon is pretty bada$$! I do like the raptors and such but too much money for this guy. Too busy buying ammo/ar15s and kids clothes lol. Seriously though our family vehicle is a '11 GMC Yukon XL because we can haul everyone plus gear places.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County

Wow! Thats the best rate ive seen in a long time! Credit union? Power wagons are killer, i just wish so much there was a cummins option, considering i hate gas in big trucks. No big deal, killer out of the box if you ever get the itch too leave some pavement!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    What happened to trucks just being trucks? Why can't they just put a big ass engine in a solid frame and no frills body? Sure, you've got the WT variants, but for the most part they even strip out the useful options on those. Give me the power, ground clearance and all the other beasty goodies and keep the air conditioned seats, dual heated cup holders and passenger side makeup mirror. It's a truck for Christ's sake!

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    There have been some really nice $40,000-80,000 mall crawlers posted in here. I'll stick with my 95 k1500 for my off roading and work purposes.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If I had $43k just given to me and was told to go buy a truck - I'm not gonna get a Tacoma. They're FANTASTIC little trucks. They're just short on interior room for me, my wife, and our two kids.

For $43k, I'm either gonna get a '17 Silverado 4x4 crew cab/standard box LT Z71 for $46,600 and then have them come down on price.

Or I'll get a '17 Tundra Limited Crew Max + the TRD Offroad package for $47,100 and then have them come down on price.

For the same money, for MY lifestyle, I'd go with the larger truck just for more interior room.

In all reality, though, if I had $43k dropped on me, there'd be $20k in the bank and a 1 year old Subaru Forester in our garage.

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    The truck I posted is a Denali in name. I like the trim pkg on the Denali, but an SLT would be just fine.
    The suspension is aftermarket and is fully capable of off-roading. It is a 3/4 ton with the Duramax.
    How many people actually purchase a new truck and take it hard core off-roading anyway?

I had a 1 ton dually 4x4 Duramax and it couldn't be stopped.

I have had my '95 GMC k1500 Z71 for 20 years and other than regular maintenance, it received a new water pump and an EGR valve. Never any trouble and is a great truck. I will keep it until it dies.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It`s fun to talk trucks, and everybody has their favorites, I get that.

I used to buy Chevy. That was before the taxpayers bailed GM and Dodge out. After that, I`ll never own a government motors vehicle again. Never have cared for Ford. I had a Chevy Silverado, I bought new, I think it was a 2003, or maybe an `05. It was an extended cab, Z71, black paint, all my buddies drooled over it, and it really was a great truck. I put 125,000 on it before I sold it, and up to that point hadn`t had too may issues with it. Once it hit 125,000 though, it needed everything. At that point, I bought a Tacoma, it was an `05. Ran great, but had a lot of miles on it when I bought it, so a couple years later, I traded it and got the 2009 Tacoma I now have. It`s true, I don`t need to tow anything, ever, so that`s not even on my radar. This truck is wonderful for what I do with it though, which is drive to work, and if I`m blessed, get into a corn field in the fall to pick up my deer. The government motors truck had great creature comforts: the sound system was great, and the cab roomy and the seat comfy. The Tacoma has what I`m really after though, it`s beautiful, ( I love the body style), and it literally will run as long as I want it to. I`ve known buddies who had a government motors vehicle that wound up getting 175,000/200,000 miles on it, and they were ecstatic, as they should be, bit I find that`s a rarity. With many of the Toyota's, that`s not only not a rarity, but it`s the expectation. Truth is, unless I were to hit the lotto, I could never afford this incredible Tacoma, even though I`d love to. So I`ll probably drive my 2009 Tacoma until I die, which is a pretty good deal really. I don`t begrudge anyone whatever they like, and whatever they drive, they`re spending their hard-earned money after all. I just can`t be dissuaded from believing that the Tacoma is the absolute best truck ever made. I hope no one begrudges me for my opinion. :):

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    What happened to trucks just being trucks? Why can't they just put a big ass engine in a solid frame and no frills body? Sure, you've got the WT variants, but for the most part they even strip out the useful options on those. Give me the power, ground clearance and all the other beasty goodies and keep the air conditioned seats, dual heated cup holders and passenger side makeup mirror. It's a truck for Christ's sake!

Exactly this.:yesway:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Puts you in the minority. It's a reasonable place to be. Not as good as free of debt and paying cash. Outstanding job on the college funds though.:yesway:

Top Bottom