• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The news was claiming this morning that the video shows police continuing to shoot him after he was on the ground. They said they weren't going to show that part of the video though, so unless someone that actually has the video posts it on social media or something, we'll probably never see it.

”It stands to reason, that, if police officers are justified in firing at a suspect in order to end a severe threat to public safety, the officers need not stop shooting until the threat has ended.”
    - Plumhoff v. Rickard

It’ll depend on whether he was still armed or believed to be a threat.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    ”It stands to reason, that, if police officers are justified in firing at a suspect in order to end a severe threat to public safety, the officers need not stop shooting until the threat has ended.”
    - Plumhoff v. Rickard

This. On the ground does not mean out of the fight.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    - Plumhoff v. Rickard

You'll not get any disagreement from me. But they're going to play it to the general public that once he was down, he was no longer a threat.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You know, the fact that they feel the need to call in a special prosecutor should be enough to cast doubt on the effectiveness of the county prosecutor.

I'm thinking the shooting was justified based on the officer not being thrown under the bus by Mears et al.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This is shocking.
    IMPD released the names of the officer that shot Reed and the officer that only made a comment that was recorded. I assume this is at Hogsett's order since IMPD has refused to release this information previously. Their lives are now in danger because of Hogsett's mandate.

https://www.wthr.com/article/impd-r...ficers-involved-dreasjon-reed-deadly-shooting

The article doesn't cite their names but its certain that other organizations will.

Yep, Fox 59 has no problem citing their names.
    https://fox59.com/news/impd-releases-names-officers-involved-with-reed-shooting/

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is shocking.
    IMPD released the names of the officer that shot Reed and the officer that only made a comment that was recorded. I assume this is at Hogsett's order since IMPD has refused to release this information previously. Their lives are now in danger because of Hogsett's mandate.

https://www.wthr.com/article/impd-r...ficers-involved-dreasjon-reed-deadly-shooting

The article doesn't cite their names but its certain that other organizations will.

Yep, Fox 59 has no problem citing their names.
    https://fox59.com/news/impd-releases-names-officers-involved-with-reed-shooting/

Hogsett is no leader. He is a half man. He is no leader.

And I would like the thank all of the brain dead morons in Marion Co. that put this Puppet back in office again.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And in what should come as a surprise to no one, releasing the names accomplished absolutely nothing other than putting a target on the officers' backs.

Reed’s father, Jamie Reed, spoke with FOX59 about the new information.

“I think it’s a good thing, but at the same time, I mean, it feels, feels kind of stinky to me. I still feel like they’re trying to cover up a lot of things because they know they was wrong,” he said. “I want to see prosecution. I mean I want them to be, you know, held accountable for what they did. That’s my main thing, I want the people involved to be held accountable for my son’s murder.

“I’m glad they threw that information out there, but at the same time, I mean, it took too long. You know, and I mean, anybody with a reasonable mind would think they’re trying to hide something.”

Emphasis mine.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And in what should come as a surprise to no one, releasing the names accomplished absolutely nothing other than putting a target on the officers' backs.

Reed’s father, Jamie Reed, spoke with FOX59 about the new information.

“I think it’s a good thing, but at the same time, I mean, it feels, feels kind of stinky to me. I still feel like they’re trying to cover up a lot of things because they know they was wrong,” he said. “I want to see prosecution. I mean I want them to be, you know, held accountable for what they did. That’s my main thing, I want the people involved to be held accountable for my son’s murder.

“I’m glad they threw that information out there, but at the same time, I mean, it took too long. You know, and I mean, anybody with a reasonable mind would think they’re trying to hide something.”

Emphasis mine.

Where was that dickhead at when his ******* son was doing driveby shootings of the neighborhood?
    You think he would hold his errant sperm accountable for the **** he did?
    Talk about stinky.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Emphasis mine.

I want to see prosecution. I mean I want [Jamie Reed, Dreasjon Reed's father] to be, you know, held accountable for what he did [in raising such a ****ty son]. That’s my main thing, I want the people involved [in Dreasjon Reed's ****ty upbringing] to be held accountable for [Dreasjon Reed]'s [violent lawlessness that led to his justified death].

Seriously. I think a liberal application of felony murder could be argued here.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hope both officers sue the **** out of Hogsett, Taylor and the City of Indianapolis. I hope they win enough to retire immediately and live happily ever after.

Top Bottom