• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    d0, you achieved your goal, some just do not realize what a smart ass you are.

Not sure how well your sarcasometer works, I was going to post ([STRIKE]dumb[/STRIKE] smart ass) but I didn't want to get reported.

Sometimes smart = dumb, at least around here.

The meter works pretty well around here.... and I wouldn't go crying to mods because of someones opinion of me on the internet.

But, more importantly, when do we start having common sense late fee laws?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Minneapolis-police.png

Shouldn't this be in its own thread?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Dreasjon Reed's family calls for transparency, IMPD Chief calls for immediate appointment of special prosecutor in case

Considering the level of "support" the Prosecutor and Mayor are providing to IMPD these days I'd say this is a good thing for all involved.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Considering the level of "support" the Prosecutor and Mayor are providing to IMPD these days I'd say this is a good thing for all involved.

I just found it odd that all of a sudden they have "new video evidence" that purports to prove that Reed didn't brandish a weapon or point it at police or fire at police, despite what his own video showed. I'm okay with the special prosecutor, but just a little suspicious of how it came to that.

Ramyankee42

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I just found it odd that all of a sudden they have "new video evidence" that purports to prove that Reed didn't brandish a weapon or point it at police or fire at police, despite what his own video showed. I'm okay with the special prosecutor, but just a little suspicious of how it came to that.

The rumors I have heard are that the video does not show anything. It is only two women talking about what they think happened as they drive by and see the police cars.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If anything, I think the biggest repercussion would be due to what one cop was recorded saying, joking about needing a closed casket.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The rumors I have heard are that the video does not show anything. It is only two women talking about what they think happened as they drive by and see the police cars.

News played part of the video. It doesn’t show anything. It’s just two women saying “they shot that man in the back.” The family attorney is holding that up as proof positive IMPD is lying.

Folks, the truth doesn’t matter to society anymore. Our society is completely propped up by image and facades. People only want likes and shares and virtual pats on the back for telling the world how much they care. Millions of Potemkin villages. I don’t know how to fix it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    News played part of the “smoking gun video.” It doesn’t show anything. It’s just two women saying “they shot that man in the back.” The family attorney is holding that up as proof positive IMPD is lying.

Folks, the truth doesn’t matter to society anymore. Our society is completely propped up by image and facades. People only want likes and shares and virtual pats on the back for telling the world how much they care. Millions of Potemkin villages. I don’t know how to fix it.

I forget who said it, but at one point this week I heard the analogy that social media is like looking through a pin hole. We can't see the bigger picture, just a tiny moment captured in time with no context.

One could use social media to frame whatever narrative they want.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm done.

The tail is wagging the dog. Now they want to tear down Robt E Lee's statue in Virginia.

I've had enough of the SJW double think.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    News played part of the video. It doesn’t show anything. It’s just two women saying “they shot that man in the back.” The family attorney is holding that up as proof positive IMPD is lying.

The news was claiming this morning that the video shows police continuing to shoot him after he was on the ground. They said they weren't going to show that part of the video though, so unless someone that actually has the video posts it on social media or something, we'll probably never see it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I forget who said it, but at one point this week I heard the analogy that social media is like looking through a pin hole. We can't see the bigger picture, just a tiny moment captured in time with no context.

One could use social media to frame whatever narrative they want.

Indeed. And then you have social media not just showing you the pin hole view............but silencing those with different, possibly big picture views.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know there is a place for Political pics, but this fits the discussion here too well.

43gumd.jpg

Mods please give me a break, it is my 20,000th post.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jamil, I was waiting for something I considered a quality post to roll it over.

We now return you to my normal blather.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The crime rates ARE lower in white communities, Because "affluenza".

Top Bottom