• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I came across a Model 1900 at a show recently....not a very practical option, but what a cool pistol it was. Seeing the evolution of Browning's genius is very cool.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have owned a factory long slide. It was amazingly accurate.
    "But".....yeah always a "But"

It just was not me. Looked oddly out of spec. Could never fall in love with it.

If I can maintain discipline, I will try one before hand.

I have a government model in 10....a long slide would weem particulalry well suited for 10

Alright.... I need to stop now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Soooooo......I built what I consider the perfect long slide.
    Pay no attention to it being a double stack. Just a small deviation from JMB original design...:):

zq4LOWp.jpg

aRmP0CO.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well i admit i dont know alot about 1911s. I used to think a full size SA ronin in the lords caliber was my perfect 1911 pretty much right out of the box. After seeing this one, im not so sure anymore...
    Well, truth here is this is a long way from out of the box. A long way but the efforts on the journey were more than worth it.
    People argue I can get as much gun for a bit less money off the shelf in a Valor or equivalent but where is the fun in that. Boring.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Well, truth here is this is a long way from out of the box. A long way but the efforts on the journey were more than worth it.
    People argue I can get as much gun for a bit less money off the shelf in a Valor or equivalent but where is the fun in that. Boring.
    I dont doubt that for a second. Ive been here long enough to know you probably dont have a stock 1911 in your stable lol. If there is one its probably something rare or collectible. Im still hunting for my Ronin though.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Off the shelf...or a custom build... that's the difficult question...so many possibilities in so many directions!
    In 9mm, I'm convinced that I want a Dan Wesson Guardian Commander model!
    In .45 ACP, I gonna stick with my Ruger 1911 in .45 that AllenM did a bob-tail on for my 50th birthday, per my wife's gift to me!
    I know I'm pretty darn happy with it!

ccfAYcZ.jpg

Last edited:

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    Off the shelf...or a custom build... that's the difficult question...so many possibilities in so many directions!

In 9mm, I'm convinced that I want a Dan Wesson Guardian Commander model!

In .45 ACP, I gonna stick with my Ruger 1911 in .45 that AllenM did a bob-tail on for my 50th birthday, per my wife's gift to me! I'm pretty darn happy with it!

There isn't a right or wrong answer! I know of more than a few 1911 owners and shooters that are quite happy with OEM 1911's just like they came out of the box. I know quite a few that can't stand to leave one alone too!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do not have any "safe queens". Mine have always been "tools".

These pics make me wonder.
    Every one of mine regardless can fill the niche as a tool. But the issue is if I would be OK to loosing ne to the evidence douche bags downtown should it end up fulfilling that roll.

Then add in the fact I just get bored and like to take **** apart.....:):

Top Bottom