• ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Glock 17.

Just kidding. It was fine, just too large for me to carry. I've never bought a "bad" gun. I do research and stay away from the ones that have a terrible track record. I haven't owned many though...

Walther PPK/S
    Glock 17
    Glock 42
    Kel-tek Sub-2000 Gen 1 and Gen 2
    Kahr CW9
    Kahr CM9

These were all good guns!

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I bought a EAA .357 a few years ago, positively the worst gun I have ever bought, paid $249 for it and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It is very true that you get what you pay for, we always hear bout the great guns we buy, what's the worst gun you ever bought?:xmad:

I looked at one of those.. did they market it under the name Windicator or something like that?

The crown on the barrel seemed so cheaply done that I couldn't feel confident that anything else was done well. The crown had heavy chatter marks where the tooling they used was either very dull or for some reason induced a harmonic vibration that left a horrible finish. The fact that it cleared quality controls in such a state speaks volumes. For less then $100 more I could have had a Taurus 357 lite.. $175 more and they had a S&W 38+P.

You get what you pay for I guess...

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I bought a bersa thunder .380 years back right in the middle of a spring issue they were having. Very good lesson as a newb to do my research as I would have seen the forum posts all over the place. After 10 rounds the trigger would not reset properly. Sent the gun in 3 times for warranty work and each time back it did the same thing. Bersa would not do anything but offer to have me send it back in so I sold it cheap to a guy who thought he could fix it. Couldn't stand to sell/trade in a gun like that and have someone else get it.

Loved how the gun felt. I soon found Glocks and haven't looked back.

2old2bfast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2014
    Columbus
    The first pistol I bought was a Sig 226 in 9mm. Outstanding pistol. Then I wanted a pocket gun and must have still been dizzy from the Sig sticker shock when I purchased a Davis Industries 380. You couldn't hit a milk jug at 7 yards with it. Absolutely the worst gun I ever bought.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Worst gun i ever bought would be a Taurus Millenium Pro. When i first got it i thought man this is a decent pistol and took it to the range a few times and worked pretty good. Well one day i was out shooting and the guy next to me said you do know those guns have a horrible flaw to them right ? I replied no and he began telling me about the safety on it and how it would fire still if you pull the trigger back halfway and at same time put safety on and release. Well after you release the trigger and squeeze it again it will still fire, Very Very Dangerous !! Never bought another Taurus since..

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    FEI or FIE (can't remember now) .380, first gun I ever bought. I was about 18 and clueless, it "looked" cool, was modeled after the Beretta m9. Bought it at the Stout Field gun and knife show from some hilljack that must have kept it in the trunk of his car for years. Most recent bad purchase is a Rossi .357, the cylinder release just fell off it and the screw doesn't have enough thread to get a good bite. Time for some locktite I guess.

That would be an Excam/ FIE /Tanfoglio Gt-380... it's very similar "in appearance only" to a Beretta 84. You must have sold it and now I have it. I strongly dislike it for a myriad of reasons.... and can't wait for the day when I can upgrade and get a decent gun.

gwingo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Indysub
    My wife bought a S&W BG380. Trigger pull was horrible - long, stiff, and gritty. I am not recoil shy, I carry a S&W 357 snubby, but the recoil on the BG was unacceptable in my opinion. Sold it quickly.

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    LORCIN .25 ACP was the worst, the trigger mechanism was crap.

RUGER LC9s fire 1 magazine through and was extremely accurate, felt good shooting. Second magazine and it started FTE spent casing from the chamber and was trying to feed a new round in. Lock the slide to the rear, drop the magazine, clear the chamber by tipping the barrel up the spent casing slid right out, insert magazine ensuring its locked in correctly, fire a round and FTE again, that went on for 3 more magazines, strange as it sounds the last round in every magazine ejected ok.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Bet I could tune that Bushmaster up if you were disgusted enough with it to make me a deal. Of course, it needs a shoulder thing that goes up to keep from burning the hand on the barrel.

If I knew then what I know now I would have just popped the front sight off and bored the gas port out.

I sold it and bought a ruger alaskan 454 I later traded off for a ruger 7.5" 454. No regrets really, kinda miss my alaskan though, it was special.

The ballistics of a 5.56 out of a pistol barrel just isn't something I'd consider viable for anything these days.

The only cool thing about the gun was the muzzle attachment method, which I'm surprised never caught on. Used ball bearings and a lock collar, kind of like an air hose coupler.

Top Bottom