• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    As a person who has worked in healthcare as a bedside nurse for 16 years, why did no one throw a fit when hospitals and places mandated the flu vaccine, yet the Hep B vaccination is still optional? Hep B is far worse than influenza ever will be.

I have always stated that places should not be able to require the flu vax, yet people said shut up and get it "for the patients."

In the past, I felt that it was overzealous of employers to mandate influenza vaccines, and now, MANY are leaving the bedside thus compounding the nursing shortage that we have been going through since I started into nursing as the baby-boomers are retiring. They want us to stay at bedside, and not potentially get sick, or get others sick.

I get that. However, if she didn't speak out about mandatory flu shots, she probably shouldn't speak out about this either.

Also, I've been asked if I took the immunization. The answer is yes: to stop being required to test bi-weekly, and also in order to take a loved one on a very special trip in October. The organization requires it, or he could not go.

That said, I ran a fever for 3 days, and felt like I had the flu. It's not as bad as people are making it out to be. It's "new" science, so everyone is hesitant. I imagine loads of people were also hesitant when the smallpox vaccine was being delivered as well.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    FWIW, I don't think you're all that far from me and my employer would just about murder to get people to handle customer service calls. A week or two ago they were offering $1000 recruitment bonuses for anyone that actually got someone past 90 days and I think $100 if someone even bothered to attend an interview. God only knows what they're paying with those perks to the people that get the bodies in the door, but I imagine it's pretty good.

If they're that upset about things, those folks should probably already be applying for new gigs. Applications and interviews don't have to mean anything, but its sure nice to have options.
    Yeah, my daughter works for a large government contractor. They tried forcing them to get vaccines or tested a minimum of 2 times a week, and the crazy thing is everyone is suppose to wear a mask whether vaccinated or not. Well, this place already got 4 resignations......and my daughter got a call yesterday from HR, they gave her a $1000 bonus this month and told her they will discuss a retention bonus and raise at her review next month. She told the lady thanks, but I may not be here next month. They have now dropped the mask mandate and are trying to change the vaccine policy.

Hey, jobs are everywhere. When you have bank tellers hiring in at $20 an hour, Wal-Mart paying $18 and Burger King paying $15......you better be on your game or you will be shutting your doors early and losing contracts because you have no employees.

It is definitely not an employers market....... hell, don't we all just trade crypto for a living now days anyway?

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I worked at a hospital when the flu vaccine was being mandated. I got fired and celebrated when I got home. I had previous reactions to the flu vaccine that I did not wish to repeat and they would not make exceptions.

If my current employer decides to mandate the jab, there are at least four of us who will be leaving. All four are key employees so that could be interesting. I can find another job if I wish to. If I decide not to, we will be fine.

My decision is based on many things I have read, experienced, heard first hand from those who have had COVID and those who have had serious reactions to the vaccine. I have also talked to various medical professionals and find it interesting the number that have been involved in directly caring for patients with COVID who are not willing to get the vaccine. My cousin's daughter just left a very well paying job in the Indy area and sold her brand new house in Fishers to move back home. Their house was listed at $625K and was listed 10 hours before they had an offer. That's a lot to give up over a shot.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    As a person who has worked in healthcare as a bedside nurse for 16 years, why did no one throw a fit when hospitals and places mandated the flu vaccine, yet the Hep B vaccination is still optional? Hep B is far worse than influenza ever will be.

I have always stated that places should not be able to require the flu vax, yet people said shut up and get it "for the patients."

In the past, I felt that it was overzealous of employers to mandate influenza vaccines, and now, MANY are leaving the bedside thus compounding the nursing shortage that we have been going through since I started into nursing as the baby-boomers are retiring. They want us to stay at bedside, and not potentially get sick, or get others sick.

I get that. However, if she didn't speak out about mandatory flu shots, she probably shouldn't speak out about this either.

Also, I've been asked if I took the immunization. The answer is yes: to stop being required to test bi-weekly, and also in order to take a loved one on a very special trip in October. The organization requires it, or he could not go.

That said, I ran a fever for 3 days, and felt like I had the flu. It's not as bad as people are making it out to be. It's "new" science, so everyone is hesitant. I imagine loads of people were also hesitant when the smallpox vaccine was being delivered as well.

How you imagine them parents felt who stuck Cutters' polio vaccine in their children's arms in 1955? My dad was born in 1942, he had that vaccine and fought disabilities the rest of his life. 7 hip replacements, rickets, polio........died at 59.

Now, at a time where trust in your government has never been lower.......you all want to stick this needle in my grand childs arm because the government says it is ok???

Screw that!

BTW......I have never even had a flu shot.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yeah, my daughter works for a large government contractor. They tried forcing them to get vaccines or tested a minimum of 2 times a week, and the crazy thing is everyone is suppose to where a mask whether vaccinated or not. Well, this place already got 4 resignations......and my daughter got a call yesterday from HR, they gave her a $1000 bonus this month and told her they will discuss a retention bonus and raise at her review next month. She told the lady thanks, but I may not be here next month. They have now dropped the mask mandate and are trying to change the vaccine policy.

Hey, jobs are everywhere. When you have bank tellers hiring in at $20 an hour, Wal-Mart paying $18 and Burger King paying $15......you better be on your game or you will be shutting your doors early and losing contracts because you have no employees.

It is definitely not an employers market....... hell, don't we all just trade crypto for a living now days anyway?

We also have a mask mandate for all employees... which I don't care about because despite their protests about it I still work remotely. :)

There is more to that story as it's not all just about Covid, but I'm feeling pretty secure with my current bargaining power in this market. In a few more months once no one has any money to buy anything, what money they have buys less, and "the things" flood in from China again, this situation is likely to reverse.

I saw Taco Bell offering same-day-pay. So, you work a shift and they'll pay you at the end of it so you never have to come back if you don't want to. :wow:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    How you imagine them parents felt who stuck Cutters' polio vaccine in their children's arms in 1955? My dad was born in 1942, he had that vaccine and fought disabilities the rest of his life. 7 hip replacements, rickets, polio........died at 59.

Now, at a time where trust in your government has never been lower.......you all want to stick this needle in my grand childs arm because the government says it is ok???

Screw that!

Rickets is caused by a vitamin D and calcium deficiency...not sure how that correlates....

The Cutter vaccine incident actually increased the testing and regulation for vaccine safety, and at a later time your father could have received compensation from the vaccine accident fund...

A better question, would you rather have polio eradicated, or still have to worry about people getting it (thinking public pools...or ponds...etc)?

The OG smallpox vaccine was developed by a man who injected himself with cowpox. He could have died. Without that risky experiment, we now have modern vaccinations.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I worked at a hospital when the flu vaccine was being mandated. I got fired and celebrated when I got home. I had previous reactions to the flu vaccine that I did not wish to repeat and they would not make exceptions.

If my current employer decides to mandate the jab, there are at least four of us who will be leaving. All four are key employees so that could be interesting. I can find another job if I wish to. If I decide not to, we will be fine.

My decision is based on many things I have read, experienced, heard first hand from those who have had COVID and those who have had serious reactions to the vaccine. I have also talked to various medical professionals and find it interesting the number that have been involved in directly caring for patients with COVID who are not willing to get the vaccine. My cousin's daughter just left a very well paying job in the Indy area and sold her brand new house in Fishers to move back home. Their house was listed at $625K and was listed 10 hours before they had an offer. That's a lot to give up over a shot.

From what I've been seeing, she probably made a killing on that house. Good for her all around!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Rickets is caused by a vitamin D and calcium deficiency...not sure how that correlates....

The Cutter vaccine incident actually increased the testing and regulation for vaccine safety, and at a later time your father could have received compensation from the vaccine accident fund...

A better question, would you rather have polio eradicated, or still have to worry about people getting it (thinking public pools...or ponds...etc)?

The OG smallpox vaccine was developed by a man who injected himself with cowpox. He could have died. Without that risky experiment, we now have modern vaccinations.
    Pretty sure there are more than just Vitamin D and Calcium that can cause Rickets/Osteomalacia. My dad did not have rickets until he was older and in the military, think he was in early 20's........but I am no doctor so I won't even try to pretend I am.

I am not disputing that Cutters experiment on children helped out with testing and safety.......but I am asking how you would have felt had you shoved that needle in your childs arm and paralyzed them, given them polio or even killed them? Of course we all want the disease eradicated, but I just don't see the urgent need to be the first guinea pig.

Now don't get me wrong......I don't care what others try and more power to them for doing it. I just guess I don't understand if this vaccine is so great, and the great eradicator......why are the vaccinated so worried about the unvaccinated?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Screw that!

By all accounts my great aunt got polio shortly after her vaccine. Spent the rest of her life in a wheelchair. But what the hell, she got free government cheese for the rest of her life.

Have 2 friends whose daughters are now wheelchair bound from the HPV vaccine. One awarded compensation (not like Compensation makes up for making your child live the rest of their lives in a wheelchair) from the taxpayer funded VICP, the other has been fighting for 5 years for Compensation

Know several others who had healthy, happy kids prior to myriad of vaccines pushed at such an early age. Varying side effects that look to leave the kids with debilitating problems for the continuance of their lives
    I saw Taco Bell offering same-day-pay. So, you work a shift and they'll pay you at the end of it so you never have to come back if you don't want to. :wow:
    KFC around my parts has been advertising on their billboards, pay cash daily. Still sporadically closed due to no help

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Covid vaccine manufacturers are protected from any legal liability for vaccine injury.

And you don't find that suspect, combined with insane degrees of propaganda and mandate policies?

I'd think anyone with critical thinking skills would be saying to themselves, "why do they need shielded from liability, all this non stop propaganda, and the mandates?" And that is more than enough reason alone to say absolutely not.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    OP,
    I think there’s some good logic in this thread; stick to the job, see how it pans out. If there is a false positive, it’s probably no more hassle than the alternative of looking for another job. Maybe she can work from home and continue to get paid.
    The likelihood of the policy changing due to people standing up to it is good, and just changing over time as they see how misguided and illogical they are is good as well.
    KFC around my parts has been advertising on their billboards, pay cash daily. Still sporadically closed due to no help
    That really makes me want to eat at those places. Yuck.
    Lying about what?
    He was trying to point out the hypocrisy of us promoting lying about a vax/vax card, vs us being upset about illegals lying about being legal. I don’t think it’s hypocrisy, but I’m also not here to send the thread farther off the rails.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    OP, I feel for you but have to give you a lot of credit for the way you're so calmly handling some of these ridiculous comments. My wife was in a similar situation except she works in an entirely virtual position without any direct contact with patients. She ultimately opted to get the inoculation since she really likes the job but will have absolutely no qualms about dropping them like a hot rock whenever a better opportunity arises.

I keep hearing about all the medical staff that are "Anti-Vaxers",
    Niece is an RN, two of my wife's friends are RNs, one doctor hangs around the group,
    So I asked them, they don't know one single person in the medical staff at any of the facilities they work that wasn't in line for the vaccine...
    So I'm skeptical about the claims so many medical professionals are not getting vaccinated, sounds like anti-vaxer propaganda to me.

The company I sometimes work for has a bunch of anti-vaxers,
    Two dead, two on permanent disability, the chief maintained man went into ICU last week, his wife and both kids got it.

The owner (vaccinated, wife is an RN) felt like crap, wife got him tested and he was positive. About 3 days of flu symptoms (headache, cough) and clear in a week, no hospital.

If I catch it, I'm hoping for the same results, flu symptoms and clear.
    I have pre-existing conditions (missing 3/4 of lung and issues with that) so I REALLY don't want to die from a virus there is a free vaccine for...

I'm back to wearing my mask and keeping 100% IPA bottle close to hand simply because of the anti-vaxers I have to deal with almost daily...

I actually paid attention in 6th grade biology class, it's just not that big a deal.
    You know, if this anti-vaxer bunch would have been around in the 60s there would be a lot less of them today,
    Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, all those things that used to kill 50% of children before adulthood would have taken care of them.
    Given your previously stated policy of drawing down on anyone that enters your shop carrying a firearm, I'm surprised you don't just shoot those you suspect of not being vaccinated.
    Seriously dude leave it alone. What is it with you?
    It's just him doing his thing. Any offense taken to his often poorly worded, frequently crass comments is due entirely to you misconstruing his intent and entirely your fault. He's a on a mission to leave no victim unblamed except himself, of course.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    There's already a group chat apparently of employees who are planning to petition for the redress of grievances. Some are talking about a walk out. But there are several who are claiming that they WILL NOT participate in this new policy.

We will see if the company has the nuts to actually fire people over it. It goes into effect next Tuesday following Labor Day.
    Don't walk out. Show up every single morning on time at 8:00am for work. Then make the employer deny them entry for not getting the jab each and every day.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Given your previously stated policy of drawing down on anyone that enters your shop carrying a firearm, I'm surprised you don't just shoot those you suspect of not being vaccinated.
    Wow, sorry to threadjack, but where's that thread? I'd like to find that post for the archives.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Can’t be true. Jeephammer says that his niece asked a doctor who asked another doctor who has a cousin in another hospital that’s married to a guy that works as a pediatrician and everyone they know lined up like it was free tickets to Pink Floyd.

Some of them hospital workers were in the klan and wanted his guns too!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    What a great meeting this morning!!!

So one of our COVID fearful warriors proposed that anyone not vaccinated be tested twice weekly (for the safety of everyone).

I posed the question since even those who are vaccinated can spread the COVID shouldn't we require everyone to be tested twice weekly (for the safety of everyone).

Well she babbled on for a bit and the head nodders were agreeing with her. After she got done with her talking points I asked the following question.

"So the real reason you want testing is to punish those who have made the personal choice not to get vaccinated?"

Sheepishly she acknowledged that was the real reason she wants mandatory testing.

Yet another great day behind the mask.

Top Bottom