Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And, I civilly ask, "Does anyone see it as their civic/patriotic duty to get vaccinated?"

The way I see it, even if the fear is completely unwarranted*, the only pragmatic way forward is vaccination. So for my country... obviously, the calculus may change if I knew there was a side effect or known risk to the vax, but there isn't a known risk.

* Just to hammer home that point, all the photos of guns and Bibles hasn't done squat to "open things up".

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    So, I guess the question for any holdouts is, "how long is long enough?" At what point can you say that you're confident enough that there's not any serious LT side effects from the vax? AFAIK, J&J and the others are seeking proper, non-emergency use, so at that point it can't be said any longer that it was rushed.

It's perfectly acceptable to honestly say, "never" to the question if that's how you feel.
    I think it should be perfectly acceptable to say... I think I'm healthy enough to beat the virus on my own and I don't want it, or better yet just... I don't want it. No justification needed.

Of course people shouldn't have to justify why they got the vaccine either.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Disease comes along. It is bad, very few diseases are good.

Disease severely over-hyped by leftist politicians and media.

Reality and experience come along and, while not great, they don't match the over-hype.

Some people continue to believe the over-hype, some people believe reality and experience.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    And, I civilly ask, "Does anyone see it as their civic/patriotic duty to get vaccinated?"

The way I see it, even if the fear is completely unwarranted*, the only pragmatic way forward is vaccination. So for my country... obviously, the calculus may change if I knew there was a side effect or known risk to the vax, but there isn't a known risk.

* Just to hammer home that point, all the photos of guns and Bibles hasn't done squat to "open things up".
    I think it should be perfectly acceptable to say... I think I'm healthy enough to beat the virus on my own and I don't want it, or better yet just... I don't want it. No justification needed.

Of course people shouldn't have to justify why they got the vaccine either.

I think people should make their own decision 100% and others shouldn't judge or ridicule. If you feel obligated and it's doing your part, great. Get the vaccine, that's completely your choice. I support you making your own decision. If you're not comfortable for whatever reason, and you want to take the path of fighting it on your own should you get it, great. I support you making your own decision.

I personally had Covid a few weeks ago, required 4 days in the hospital to get over it completely. Lungs still are not 100% but getting pretty close. And I'd still not get the vaccine because of the emergency use. :dunno:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think people should make their own decision 100% and others shouldn't judge or ridicule. If you feel obligated and it's doing your part, great. Get the vaccine, that's completely your choice. I support you making your own decision. If you're not comfortable for whatever reason, and you want to take the path of fighting it on your own should you get it, great. I support you making your own decision.
    Yes, 100%.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I personally had Covid a few weeks ago, required 4 days in the hospital to get over it completely. Lungs still are not 100% but getting pretty close. And I'd still not get the vaccine because of the emergency use. :dunno:
    Only if you are comfortable with saying it - what did the hospital do for medication and treatment?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Exactly X1000, you should be able to make your choice without ridicule.
    To me shaming someone for making their choice either way is nonsense.

Same as if you want to carry a glock instead of a 1911. :flamethrower:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    for me personally, I won't get any of them until the emergency use stuff is out of the way. I'm just not comfortable with the whole zero liability thing. :dunno:
    The emergency use has nothing to do with the zero liability. All vaccines have that, including the ones that have regular approval for non emergency use.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The emergency use has nothing to do with the zero liability. All vaccines have that, including the ones that have regular approval for non emergency use.

Not all vaccines have that, this is what occurred in Feb of 2020:
    Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar invoked the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act. The 2005 law empowers the HHS secretary to provide legal protection to companies making or distributing critical medical supplies, such as vaccines and treatments, unless there’s “willful misconduct” by the company. The protection lasts until 2024.

That means that for the next four years, these companies “cannot be sued for money damages in court” over injuries related to the administration or use of products to treat or protect against Covid.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not all vaccines have that, this is what occurred in Feb of 2020:
    Okay, that may just be for emergency use. Per the law, unless there is negligence for vaccines they have civil immunity.

1)
    No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

The way I see it, even if the fear is completely unwarranted*, the only pragmatic way forward is vaccination.
    I think there are plenty of people who see vaccinations, largely, as the way to normalcy. I am one of them. We can all complain about government actions, but it is obvious that all of the complaints won't change their minds. The only way out of this is low transmission rates and negligible death rates and some places are getting there.

Patriotic/civic duty? Maybe, but no one talks about that. It's all about ending the pandemic. There are those who have risked something to try to help out, but I don't see just getting vaccinated as being in that category as the vaccines are no more risk that a hundred things we do every day without thinking.

I also think its becoming increasingly obvious that all the bloviating about "we'll never get rid of masks and never return to 'normal'" was inane rambling. It may be too slow, but the trend is to less restrictions everywhere.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    My parents got their 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Dad who had COVID this Winter has had no effects from shots so far, mom is very tired,sore and has chills from the 2nd shot yesterday.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No. Not really. When I'm vaccinated it will be for me. What can I say? I'm an incurable individualist.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't have twelve minutes to listen to YouTube talking head, so what data was leaked? Because if it's just that they got vaccinated, then how is that different than just reading Twitter/FB/INGO where everyone freely admits (ok, maybe brags about) it?

Contact tracing info was leaked.

If they can't keep the small stuff safe, why would you trust them with more data?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom